Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2022 Surgery Buddies

That’s a normal feeling. Your going to do great! If your feeling hungry drink some Water. Practice it because you will be drinking a lot of water straight out of surgery. Being nervous is normal. It’s going to be a big change.

Hey all I’m new here. I had my surgery on November 8. I had the gastric sleeve. I’m starting to get worried now. I was losing worthy everyday and now the last two days I haven’t lost anything. I’m a this normal? The surgery went well. I had the sleeve.

5 minutes ago, William101 said:

Hey all I’m new here. I had my surgery on November 8. I had the gastric sleeve. I’m starting to get worried now. I was losing worthy everyday and now the last two days I haven’t lost anything. I’m a this normal? The surgery went well. I had the sleeve.

Hi. I was also sleeved on the 8th. I can not say what is normal, but my scale is newish and unreliable. It told me I've only lost 3 pounds since my surgery. Dont worry so much about the scale. I have faith my dietitian and Dr. Will let me know if something is wrong.

You got this.

On 11/5/2022 at 10:27 PM, Merri Beth said:

My surgery is 11-28, I am wondering if I am the last one in November? Just curious if anyone is around or after that time?

My surgery is 11-30, you are not alone for an end of month procedure. When do you start your pre-op diet?

On 10/28/2022 at 11:00 AM, Merri Beth said:

Oh a three day liquid diet sounds fantastic. I have to do a two week liquid diet and it starts soon, my surgery date in November 28, 2022.

MerriBeth, how are you doing? I statt my two week liquid diet tomorrow. My surgery is scheduled for the 30th.

On 11/12/2022 at 3:09 PM, MelodyeRose said:

WLS scheduled for 11/30. I start my pre-surgery diet on 11/16. I am excited, and nervous. I found "The Big Book on Bariatric Surgery", from there I found this site. Good to read how other people are doing on their journey.

I start my pre-op diet in the morning. I am so ready to get this process underway. I am tired of this extra weight. I know I can do this. Feels strange to be telling others that I can't eat what they are eating. I carry Water everywhere I go. Thanks giving, I am making the dressing/stuffing and two of the Desserts. Never cooked without tasting what I was making. It will be an interesting experience. I feel like my thoughts are all over the place. (Nervous much?)

20221028_072521.jpg

Edited by MelodyeRose

6 hours ago, William101 said:

Hello! Stalls are very normal & you will experience more. Some can even last 2+ weeks. It's extremely normal for us & as long as you stay on track w your diet plan you will get out of it & keep losing!

Hey newly sleeved and sleeved to be!

remember, follow your plan and trust in it… things will work :)

stalls happen and at the early stages just usually means your body is busy healing… give it time! If you are doing right then that scale will move when your body is ready and before you know it the number will make you smile…

getting enough liquid post op is tough! Just keep at it!

walking is your friend…

once you can tolerate it, Fiber is your friend!

we are in this together so please, reach out if times get tough

4 hours ago, MelodyeRose said:

I start my pre-op diet in the morning. I am so ready to get this process underway. I am tired of this extra weight. I know I can do this. Feels strange to be telling others that I can't eat what they are eating. I carry Water everywhere I go. Thanks giving, I am making the dressing/stuffing and two of the Desserts. Never cooked without tasting what I was making. It will be an interesting experience. I feel like my thoughts are all over the place. (Nervous much?)

20221028_072521.jpg

I started my pre op yesterday so far so good. The Protein Shakes are so filling. I am not going to be cooking or attending thanksgiving until after the dinner is finished, I know me and i will be so tempted to just have a bite and I am not risking it. As I get more adjusted to the liquids I will be better suited to be around all the goodies but for now.... :)

My surgery is 11-30, you are not alone for an end of month procedure. When do you start your pre-op diet?

I wish you the very best. I started it yesterday and so far so good....

MerriBeth, how are you doing? I statt my two week liquid diet tomorrow. My surgery is scheduled for the 30th.

So far I am doing well. The Protein Shakes are so filling. I am supposed to have 4 a day but geez its tough. I haven't been hungry because they fill me up. I am making sure I get my Water in and some broth. Last night I did wake up hungry so i had a couple bites of Jello. How are you feeling?

Hi everyone, I'm new here too, I was using MFP but the community there is very anti surgery so I looked around and Found this community which seems a lot more what I'm after. Also looking for new friends!

Hi everyone, I'm new here too, I was using MFP but the community there is very anti surgery so I looked around and Found this community which seems a lot more what I'm after. Also looking for new friends!

Welcome! I used to browse MFP, but felt like they were not a group talking from experience, I do use them to track food etc still

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, BrightNights said:

Welcome. I find the community here great and i hope you find the support you need.

There are several threads and sub threads to did through and find whatever you may need.

On 11/15/2022 at 7:41 PM, Merri Beth said:

So far I am doing well. The Protein Shakes are so filling. I am supposed to have 4 a day but geez its tough. I haven't been hungry because they fill me up. I am making sure I get my Water in and some broth. Last night I did wake up hungry so i had a couple bites of Jello. How are you feeling?

A bit anxious at the moment.

Making my sugar-free Jello so I have something to snack on. If I keep busy, I do better.

You have worked hard to get this far; you know how to succeed. You got this!