Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good evening,

I am looking to start drinking (decaf) coffee again - more like Iced Coffee.

Anyone here drink Ice Coffee, what do you add to it?

Looking for some suggestions.

TIA :)

Edited by TimberlynnVSG

I have mine with Splenda and milk. I like the vanilla almond milk. It tastes yummy, less calories and it has a much longer shelf life since all I use it for is coffee. If you wanted to use it for eggs and stuff too, the original flavor isn’t bad either. If you add the Splenda to the hot coffee before you put it over the ice it dissolves easier too.

Edited by ShoppGirl

You can also mix coffee with a Protein Shake. Or a lot of people use the Torani sugar free syrups.

Edited by ShoppGirl

I make my own cold brew coffee and mix it half and half with a Premier Protein shake. It’s my Breakfast every day.

I make cold brew coffee and mix it with vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla Protein Powder, 1 scoop chocolate Protein powder, 1.2 banana, and 1 tsp. Cocoa Nibs., and ice. I blend it in my Nutribullet. It makes a really good smoothie and fills me up for quite a while.
Occasionally I have cold brew mixed with milk and add a very small amount of stevia or Monk Fruit and sometimes sugar free coffee syrups (Jordan's or Torani). This is when I want a dessert coffee.
Most of the time I prefer plain black coffee.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

I have iced coffee every morning. I brew the coffee a day ahead of time so it's cold for the next day...

I use reusable Keurig pods. I fill it full with coffee grounds, and brew 4 oz, on the strong setting.

Mix cold coffee with a cold salted caramel Fairlife Protein Shake & ice. Sometimes I add a splash of Jordan's sugar free salted caramel Syrup.

Sometimes I switch it up with vanilla/chocolate Fairlife and use the coordinating flavors of Jordan's sugar free syrups.

1 minute ago, BypassingMyPhatAss♡ said:

I have iced coffee every morning. I brew the coffee a day ahead of time so it's cold for the next day...

I use reusable Keurig pods. I fill it full with coffee grounds, and brew 4 oz, on the strong setting.

Mix cold coffee with a cold salted caramel Fairlife Protein Shake & ice. Sometimes I add a splash of Jordan's sugar free salted caramel Syrup.

Sometimes I switch it up with vanilla/chocolate Fairlife and use the coordinating flavors of Jordan's sugar free syrups.

I do the exact same thing! I am not creative like these people who make all these yummy sounding drinks. haha I want to be, but don't.

Also, I don't have or want time to play around in the morning before work. I would rather sleep.

I am looking for other caramel Protein Drinks to try because Fairlife is impossible to find around me, or you pay 3x the normal price!

2 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

I do the exact same thing! I am not creative like these people who make all these yummy sounding drinks. haha I want to be, but don't.

Also, I don't have or want time to play around in the morning before work. I would rather sleep.

I am looking for other caramel Protein Drinks to try because Fairlife is impossible to find around me, or you pay 3x the normal price!

I sometimes luck out at costco on the Salted Caramel. It's my favorite to mix with coffee. Omg it doesn't taste healthy at all.

Premier Protein has a caramel flavor. I've never tried it tho, and I don't know if it's easy to find now.

5 minutes ago, BypassingMyPhatAss♡ said:

I sometimes luck out at costco on the Salted Caramel. It's my favorite to mix with coffee. Omg it doesn't taste healthy at all.

Premier Protein has a caramel flavor. I've never tried it tho, and I don't know if it's easy to find now.

I have tried the premier by itself and was too sweet and tasted too much like fake caramel. But I planned on trying it with the coffee because it will likely cut the taste.

It is ALWAYS available at my Bj's and Walmart and then when I go looking for it.. guess what? Sold out everywhere! HAHA My luck!

I have iced coffee... regular coffee probably 2-3 times a night. I work overnights lol. No issues at all for me. I use Truvia for the sweetener and sugar free Creamer.

1 hour ago, liveaboard15 said:

I have iced coffee... regular coffee probably 2-3 times a night. I work overnights lol. No issues at all for me. I use Truvia for the sweetener and sugar free Creamer.

My aunt gave me some truvia to try and mine didn’t dissolve very well?? I forgot to put it into the hot coffee BEFORE I put it over ice though so maybe that’s why. I need to ask her for more to try it that way. I have been using Splenda but I want to like truvia since it is a little better for me.

14 hours ago, TimberlynnVSG said:

Good evening,

I am looking to start drinking (decaf) coffee again - more like Iced coffee.

Anyone here drink Ice Coffee, what do you add to it?

Looking for some suggestions.

TIA :)

I NEVER held coffee from myself at any point. I drink black coffee with no sweetener so it is not a calorie issue with me. I had no adverse issues with coffee and it actually helps me. I often get bored and where I may normally reach for a snack, I pour myself a cup of coffee and that satisfies the urge as well as gives me a jolt of energy. As far as Decaf, I see no reason to limit that at all.

I use a cold brew concentrate, a little fat free half and half, and a splash of sugar free Syrup (Torani, Jordan's, etc.). I make my hot coffee the same way. I get the syrups at Home Goods or TJMaxx, as they tend to be cheapest there, but you can also find them in grocery stores and online.

My plan restricted caffeine until 2 weeks post-op, which is the only time in my life I've ever drank Decaf.

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I am one month out tomorrow and I miss my coffee. I am trying with the Decaf but I think I will be going back to caffeinated coffee. Tim Horton is my coffee crack!!!