Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop loosing WAY too early

I lost 34 lbs in the first 2 weeks after surgery now I haven't lost anything week 2-4....

My day consists of about 500-600 calories.

You have not stopped losing and this is completely normal. Stalls WILL happen (just do a search here for "stall" and you'll find literally THOUSANDS of posts). Follow your plan, and give it time.

Thats called the 3rd week stall... happens to EVERYBODY. sometimes it last a week. Sometimes it last several weeks where you wont loose much or any weight. and this will happen several times throughout your first year. your body is adjusting to the new calories

1 hour ago, Veritas34 said:

I lost 34 lbs in the first 2 weeks after surgery now I haven't lost anything week 2-4....

My day consists of about 500-600 calories.

I was also around 480 when I started.

Here is a rough timeline of my stalls.

Had surgery 8/16/21.
Lost 24 pounds in the first 14 days.
Lost 6 pounds over the next 19 days.
Lost 41 pounds over the next 49 days
Lost 11 pounds over the next 24 days
Lost 8 pounds over the next 11 days.

Once you come out of this stall, you are going to lose weight at an incredible rate. Keep doing the right things (getting Protein in, keeping calories reasonable, stay moving) and the stall will end.

Yep, just like they all said. It happens to all of us. Don't stress and don't obsess.

If you follow your plan, stay in your calorie range, get in your fluids and Proteins you WILL loose the weight.

Stalls happen to everyone. Sometimes they last just a week and sometimes they can last several. Some people even gain a couple pounds. Just stay the course. I know it’s hard but this process works if you stick to your plan. Just try to trust it. Stay off the scale for a week or two if it’s messing with your head too much.

I lost 30 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Then I hit a 2 week stall and have lost much slower after that. In the last 5 weeks, I've lost 13 pounds. I'm not one of the lucky ones that started losing quickly again after a stall, but I DO still lose. Just slower. But it sounds like you're in a stall. Try changing up what you eat or your exercising. I added extra exercise and changed up what I do, and that broke the stall. Good luck!!

1 hour ago, Splenda said:

Had surgery 8/16/21.

Once you come out of this stall, you are going to lose weight at an incredible rate. Keep doing the right things (getting Protein in, keeping calories reasonable, stay moving) and the stall will end.

Oh man, I'm so jealous of your progress!!! I lost 30 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Then I hit a 2 week stall and have lost much slower after that. In the last 5 weeks, I've lost 13 pounds. I lost weight faster when I did Keto, so this has been frustrating. But congrats on your numbers!!!!

58 minutes ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

I lost 30 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Then I hit a 2 week stall and have lost much slower after that. In the last 5 weeks, I've lost 13 pounds. I'm not one of the lucky ones that started losing quickly again after a stall, but I DO still lose. Just slower. But it sounds like you're in a stall. Try changing up what you eat or your exercising. I added extra exercise and changed up what I do, and that broke the stall. Good luck!!

You don't need to change anything up. Its nothing you have done wrong. Just stick to your given plan. All stalls break

Just now, summerseeker said:

You don't need to change anything up. Its nothing you have done wrong. Just stick to your given plan. All stalls break

Agreed!

21 minutes ago, summerseeker said:

Quite a few of us had to change up our routine a little to get things going again. Not everybody has to, but it's worth a try. Can't hurt.

Stalls and slow losing! Hoooo boy, I get so angry with my body because there are people who had surgery around the same time I did and who've easily lost double what I have. It's all about working the process though and every pound is a victory, no matter how slowly it comes off. You might need to speak to a dietician; I did after a massive stall and now I'm heading in the right direction again; turns out I was in malnutrition and starving myself. Your body needs fuel.

People talk about stalls, the famous week 3 stall, then the 3 week stall. I actually am one of the few people that never saw a stall.

My secret was being too large to weigh on home scales. For about the first year I could only weigh at my surgeon's office at monthly follow-ups. So, when your weigh-ins are a month apart, you don't see stalls. I can't express what a joy this was. I was never tempted to change anything in response to a stall. I just stayed with my program.

My surgeon was never overly concerned with my weight loss. He asked how I was doing on the plan, how I felt, did I have any concerns. Weight never came up unless I brought it up. He was a cool Doc.

Once I was able to weigh at home, I did it for a couple weeks, several times a day. Then I abandoned the whole concept and went back to just weighing at follow-ups. Who needs the angst? Even now, all these years later, I don't weigh at home, but only at my annual physicals at the Doctor's.

One does not need a scale for success at WLS. Just trust your plan.

My plan was also pretty straightforward. I didn't count calories, nor much of anything else. I counted meals of which there were 3 per day. I counted Protein of where there were 3-4 oz each meal. That was basically my plan. That is still basically my plan.

Good luck,

Tek

Same! Surgery on June 6th. Lost 32lbs first two weeks. Stalled every since. I'm just still plugging away following the plan. I admit I felt a little depressed about it this morning, but I know it has to start moving again at some point when I'm only eating 600 calories

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/6/2022 at 11:19 AM, Splenda said:

Had surgery 8/16/21.

Thank you. This post was very encouraging