Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meal preppers - looking for some advice/suggestions

I will meal prep a couple of times a week. Sometimes I get sick of chicken and want steak. Usually I buy a bag of frozen chicken breast from Winco and cook all of it. Or some ground beef so I can make a hamburger patty with no bun, I usually add hot sauce on top, the Frank’s red hot sauce for some flavor or I’ll cook it with Tajin. I’ll have to work back up to those ingredients now that I’m 6 days out from post op. Just a note, Tajin makes almost everything taste better, especially vegetables. I hate most vegetables, but Tajin makes them more bareable.

A lot of people have yogurt, I cannot stand yogurt unless it’s froyo. I love sour things, but the taste of yogurt is gross. Used to love Trix yogurt as a kid, but it had a lot of sugar to cover up the taste of basically sour milk. My doctor recommended for my liver shrinking diet a chicken crust pizza from the Real Good brand, which I’m not sure why they recommended it, it’s impossible to find.

Since I’ll only be able to eat max a half a cup per meal when I get back to normalcy that will probably be a tiny chicken tenderloin and maybe 2 or 3 green Beans lol.

9 hours ago, Kimpossible00 said:

What are "no spoon" days?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

“No spoon” days are days where you either don’t have the energy or “spoons” to make food or do daily tasks like shower, fold the laundry, or pretty much anything outside of existing. It’s based on Spoon Theory.

“Managing spoons” is very common among those in chronic health condition circles like the lupus, fibromyalgia, POTS, and more.

9 hours ago, Kimpossible00 said:

What are "no spoon" days?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

“No spoon” days are days where you either don’t have the energy or “spoons” to make food or do daily tasks like shower, fold the laundry, or pretty much anything outside of existing. It’s based on Spoon Theory.

“Managing spoons” is very common among those in chronic health condition circles like the lupus, fibromyalgia, POTS, and more.

I’m30 days post op, meal prep seems like a waste. I can only handle 3 bites of anything. Spaghetti and salmon are the only things that stay down when chewed to an applesauce consistency. No bypass only sleeve. Down 27lbs since Dec 9th, I honestly don’t want/ need to lose anymore.

I found cauliflower thins to form the crust of my pizza, added pizza sauce and turkey pepperoni topped with mozzarella. At 4 weeks I was puree. 8 weeks soft foods, scrambled eggs, meatloaf, mash potatoes, taco or italian flavored ground turkey with guacamole or marinara respectfully. Just chew well to applesauce texture before swallowing.

I like meal prepping because I make healthier choices and save money. I use the OXO toddler 4oz containers and weirdly it also holds 4oz in meat weight. Earlier in healing I used the 2oz but now that size is convenient for carrying Salad Dressing or a sauce (not 2oz of sauce but what you need for you.) I prep for 3-4 days out so food stays fresh. I fill up on veggies after the 4 oz of meat. Last week I made a pot roast for Sunday dinner for the family and before serving the family took out 3 servings for 3 lunches. I rotated between mini bell peppers, broccoli and cauliflower, and one day of raspberries. (I’m currently trying to up my iron.) chicken or eggs are a quick dinner. This week I’m going to cook up buffalo meat into homemade marinara and serve it with different veggies like squash or Beans (chili) one plan is to put it on cauliflower crust pizza. I’ll keep the meat premeasured in the little 4oz containers. Restaurants measure food all the time with ice cream scoops and weight scales to be careful about uniform portions. They prep food too. I guess all that restaurant work normalized planning, prepping and measuring food for me. It also lets you take advantage of seasonal/regional foods that are on sale. I got the buffalo last fall and froze it. Right now I’m waiting for pork and lamb prices to drop. I have some salmon burgers in the freezer to get creative with, or I might check out the tofu prices. Anyway you would use ground meat you could replace with firm tofu, just add the tofu last at the last minute before eating.