Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

depends on how far apart you are spacing it. Sure i could. but it would take me like a half hour to eat one egg. Then i could eat another or so. but eat slowly and chew chew chew. Dont over do it since you are so fresh out of surgery. Most people are on liquids only for at least 2 weeks post op then they move to puree stage then to soft food stage.

depends on how far apart you are spacing it. Sure i could. but it would take me like a half hour to eat one egg. Then i could eat another or so. but eat slowly and chew chew chew. Dont over do it since you are so fresh out of surgery. Most people are on liquids only for at least 2 weeks post op then they move to puree stage then to soft food stage.

I mashed the eggs up so they'd be easier to eat and they took me about thirty minutes to eat. I've found that when I start to burp to stop eating that's my full sign. My plan says to transition after 5-7 days to the next phase of j felt ready. The only thing I've eaten so far that's made me sick is pureed Soup.< br>
Sent from my BE2028 using BariatricPal mobile app

We’re all different in how much & what we can eat. Were you given any portion size recommendations?

I scrambled my eggs from purée stage & two eggs were Breakfast for three days. It took me months to eat one egg. (I remember ordering one egg scrambled at 8 months while on holidays.) Still can’t eat two eggs three years out.

Tread carefully because all your cut nerves are still healing and your full signals & messages you’ve had enough aren’t getting through or aren’t getting through in the same way. It’s why portion size recommendations are helpful at the beginning. (I was told 1/4 - 1/3 cup from purée.) Burping signals you are swallowing air while eating not that you are full. Also aim to eat until you’ve had enough (do you need the next bite or just want it) not until you are full. It takes time for the full message to get through so when you feel full you’ve really eaten too much.

Sorry Soup made you sick. I loved soup. Could it have been too thick or something in the soup - a flavour or ingredient??

We’re all different in how much & what we can eat. Were you given any portion size recommendations?
I scrambled my eggs from purée stage & two eggs were Breakfast for three days. It took me months to eat one egg. (I remember ordering one egg scrambled at 8 months while on holidays.) Still can’t eat two eggs three years out.
Tread carefully because all your cut nerves are still healing and your full signals & messages you’ve had enough aren’t getting through or aren’t getting through in the same way. It’s why portion size recommendations are helpful at the beginning. (I was told 1/4 - 1/3 cup from purée.) Burping signals you are swallowing air while eating not that you are full. Also aim to eat until you’ve had enough (do you need the next bite or just want it) not until you are full. It takes time for the full message to get through so when you feel full you’ve really eaten too much.
Sorry Soup made you sick. I loved Soup. Could it have been too thick or something in the soup - a flavour or ingredient??

This time I scrambled my egg and was barely able to eat one. I try my best to eat slowly so I don't over eat and swallow air but it's hard I always ate fast before surgery. I plan on trying soup again soon just giving it a few days before I do. Sometimes I worry if I even had the surgery done[emoji1787] I know that sounds crazy. I'm just winging it here and I feel lost a lot. I had my surgery done in Mexico so I don't really have a Dr I can call and ask questions. I did email the nutrionalist but she didn't seem too concerned with the amount I was eating so IDK.

Sent from my BE2028 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/5/2022 at 7:35 AM, Amanda Purser said:

… I'm just winging it here and I feel lost a lot. …

Don’t worry, a lot of us felt that way some time even with support people about. You’re really learning how to eat all over again in many ways. The other challenge is discovering what works for you. You could do exactly the same as someone else but you struggle simply because you are not exactly the same psychologically or physiologically. Take our ideas & experiences as somewhere to start.

Maybe try to find a nutritionalist close by who has experience with bariatric weight loss. Someone on here may even be able to refer someone. Also some bariatric clinics put their plans etc. on line so you could refer to them for additional ideas.

Glad you’re giving Soup another try. You may find that with other foods too. You easily ate it yesterday but today it’s no way. Then three days later it’s fine again.