Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating too much? 3 - 4 weeks Post op

I’m 3 weeks (almost 4) post op and feel like I’m actually eating too much….

I can almost eat 2 eggs in the morning

Throughout the day I am eating about 600-800 calories …..

EXAMPLE: Yesterdays eating...

Breakfast: 1 1/2 eggs scrambled with a VERY small drop of sugar free ketchup to keep moist

Snack : Atkins coffee Protein Shake.< /span>

Lunch : 4 oz of cream of cheddar/broccoli

Snack : Oikos PRO

Dinner : tuna with light mayo pureed, and a fat free sugar free string cheese

Snack: Oikos PRO

Is this too much? I went from barely getting Protein Shakes down to this....

I dont eat more than 4 oz other than my yogurt I finish the container. its 5.6 oz....

my calories before this... I couldn't say... That's how I got to this in the first place.... Not caring about my calories before weight-loss journey....

*** I had Bypass, so it may be different***

At 1 month post op, my plan was to eat 400-600 calories a day. Then the next phase it increased to 500-800 calories. Once I was eating "normal" foods again I stay at 800-1000 until I hit maintenance.

I am just over 3 months post op and on normal foods and a normal balanced diet and eat about 600-800 calories a day.

I was worried I was not eating enough but my Dietician reviewed my food diaries and said I am doing perfect, not to worry about not hitting the calories as long as I am meeting my Protein and fluids goals.

From what you listed I do not think it is too much food as long as you are comfortable and not over eating or feeling stuffed. They are all low fat healthy proteins! Good job!

Plans vary a huge amount in how many calories they want you to eat at what point. Ask your surgery center what they recommend, but it doesn't seem like a lot to me...

Always consult with your surgeon and dietician. My plan does not have any mention of calories in the soft food stage which I'm guessing you're in. Just making sure I get the Protein and the Water, avoiding foods that are still problematic and learning how to properly read my body including not eating to the point of feeling full. If I were doing all that and consuming 800 calories a day (especially being the 400 pound male I am), I think they'd be thrilled!

I was able to eat more than expected through every phase of recovery. I just had to measure and only eat what I was supposed to be eating but they said it would be fine and it was. The main goal is for you to eventually get to a relatively normal serving size and to stay there. At almost 16 months out I am still eating about a serving of most things.

I do not think you are eating too much at all. This is pretty much what I was eating at this stage

Thank you all ! I called and spoke to nurse. She said I should be doing no more than 400- 600 calories but what I told her I ate she didn't seem too concerned.

I can't imagine eating less at this point unless I dropped back down to liquids only.

Its INSANE how even the good food im eating is adding up calories so fast!