Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2022 surgery buddies

Hello all! Just found this site. I have my procedure on Friday! Super nervous. I started my journey at 323lbs from my first visit about 5 months ago. I'm on day 4 of my liver shrink diet. I'm currently 295.8 LBS. My Goal weight is 210. I will then see how I feel and maybe try for under 200!

On 8/31/2022 at 6:18 PM, MiamiJoe said:

Hello everyone! My surgery date is September 24! Super excited! South Florida! Any south Florida people on a similar journey and timeline?

Hello MaimiJoe, so you had surgery, and then 4 days later you had a hurricane?!!? Praying that you weren't directly affected. How's it going for you?

So I had my bypass done Thursday Spt 29. I’m still having some random pains under my left breast. Plus when I drink, I get such a full nauseous feeling I get discouraged to drink. I feel like I’m barely drinking enough, but I’m afraid of getting dehydrated and not getting enough nutrition. Advice?

Checking in on everyone. How are you guys doing after surgery?

I made the mistake of ignoring my body’s full signals yesterday and ended up making myself sick. Lesson learned!!!

I had surgery on 9/13 and am down 20 lbs.

Had mine on Sept 28th! It's been an overwhelming experience, but I've been learning a lot about myself & I've been sooo motivated. Very excited for these next few years20220929_130730.jpg

On 10/10/2022 at 8:32 PM, nerdymama2514 said:

Checking in on everyone. How are you guys doing after surgery?

I made the mistake of ignoring my body’s full signals yesterday and ended up making myself sick. Lesson learned!!!

I had surgery on 9/13 and am down 20 lbs.

I think we all have a learning curve to deal with. I am still trying to learn my body’s cues to tell me when I am full. I made the mistake of trying a cookie the other night and paid the price. But I learned my lesson, so that won’t happen again anytime soon.
I am excited for us all. I hope everyone is doing well.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:59 PM, MeganRoscher1 said:

So I had my bypass done Thursday Spt 29. I’m still having some random pains under my left breast. Plus when I drink, I get such a full nauseous feeling I get discouraged to drink. I feel like I’m barely drinking enough, but I’m afraid of getting dehydrated and not getting enough nutrition. Advice?

I hope you are feeling better. I know I had a bubble that caused me some discomfort until I could walk it out. I know the nutrition class I had really stressed the importance of getting your Water in after surgery. I am also having issues with that but found drinking flavored water or chicken broth helps me get my fluids in. Since my favorite water (metromint) is no longer made it have bought Mio (or store brand generics) to flavor my bottled water. That has really helped me.
I also take my Multivitamin twice a day (since week 3}.
I hope you are doing well. The phases seem to have gone by quickly for me, I am on week 2 of soft foods now. October 18th seemed so far away before I had surgery, but it is a week away before I can eat regular food. Good luck, you’ve got this😊

Checking in and would love a buddy that had gastric sleeve - my surgery was on 20th and I’ve been pretty lucky with no issues. I’ve definitely been more tired than normal but not too bad. I’m down about 15 pounds which is way less than i expected but still excited to see the scale moving in the right direction.

On 10/14/2022 at 22:02, Band2SleeveGurl77 said:

Checking in and would love a buddy that had gastric sleeve - my surgery was on 20th and I’ve been pretty lucky with no issues. I’ve definitely been more tired than normal but not too bad. I’m down about 15 pounds which is way less than i expected but still excited to see the scale moving in the right direction.

Hey! My sleeve was sept 20 as well. I’m down about 6 pounds since surgery but roughly 25 overall - most was from the pre-surgery diet. How are you feeling? I’m really tired consistently so I wonder if I’m Vitamin deficient or something.

2 hours ago, Garfield1987 said:

Hey! My sleeve was sept 20 as well. I’m down about 6 pounds since surgery but roughly 25 overall - most was from the pre-surgery diet. How are you feeling? I’m really tired consistently so I wonder if I’m Vitamin deficient or something.

My doc told me to take it easy and now i know why - I’m taking a ton of Vitamins but still find myself super low energy- I’m hoping once I’m on regular food it will help. Are you on soft foods yet?

6 hours ago, Band2SleeveGurl77 said:

My doc told me to take it easy and now i know why - I’m taking a ton of Vitamins but still find myself super low energy- I’m hoping once I’m on regular food it will help. Are you on soft foods yet?

Yup. I’m having tons of tuna and chicken. About 80-90g of Protein a day. Taking Vitamins but still exhausted. I was cleared to work out starting this week so maybe that will boost up my energy.

I had a banded gastric sleeve on 15th September so I'm just over 5 weeks post surgery. Things are very different over here in Australia I first saw my surgeon in July and a few weeks later booked a date that suited me based on what days the surgeon operates at my chosen hospital. I am not insured so I was able to withdraw the funds from my superannuation account. I had 2 weeks of pre op diet which consisted of 2 Meal Replacement shakes and then dinner of approx 100gms of Protein and 2 cups veggies so found it quite easy to follow. I'm currently on a soft diet slowly reintroducing foods to see what I can and can't tolerate it's certainly a learning curve. I take 2 Multivitamins a day which have everything in them that I need. So far I've lost just over 20kgs since I saw the surgeon and 11 kgs since surgery so 21kgs all up. I'm really happy with the changes so far and don't regret having the surgery at all. I journal most days and weigh myself once per week. I also take measurements. Everyone will cope differently. Some of you will lose tonnes of weight quickly others may be a bit slower. I'm going to try and not compare myself to others. Good luck to you all on your journey

Sent from my SM-S906E using BariatricPal mobile app