Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2022 surgery buddies

Thanks ladies. I have great coordinators at the hospital so I was able to text with them today. Fingers crossed we get it figured out tomorrow. The days I want to give up I remember the only person it would truly affect is me. Unless someone’s been fighting this weight battle like the rest of us, they wouldn’t understand how much this surgery means.

I'm so happy! I had my appointment with my surgeon today and finally got a surgery date... Sept 27th.

Yay! So glad you got your date!!!!

Thanks.. I know it's still off abit, but just relieved to have a date after working hard these past months

Hi, all! I’m so happy these forums exist. I have just put down my deposit for my surgery for a gastric sleeve. I’m having my surgery done in Turkey & the dates are 26th September - 1st October. I’m very nervous but more excited!

On 06/28/2022 at 11:58, Vicky Sue said:

I don't have an exact date yet but my surgery team planning end of Sept. I started my journey in April and have been working hard to get rid of some of my old habits. Drinking diet coke was the hardest, but now soda free. I can't just drink Water so I've been drinking crystal light. Breakfast was also I've not really done. Now, I'm faithful every morning even it's just a greek yogurt. Also , throwing the straw away was tough but I keep thinking of how much better things will be. I've been journaling as a request from my dietitian and it had been a good tool for me to see what I need to watch. I've lost 19lbs in a few months which I'm grateful for.

I’m scheduled for surgery on September 13th. Once I finish the diet sodas in my pantry I am cutting myself off for good. I am going to have to find more ways to get Water in because I am terrible about drinking water.

I still continue to drink the sugar free drink mixes and have recently been having Decaf tea. I have problems drinking just Water too.

Congrats to LaLaLand and nerdymama for having your dates. Our times will be here before you know it

On 8/12/2022 at 4:53 PM, Vicky Sue said:

Congrats to LaLaLand and nerdymama for having your dates. Our times will be here before you know it

Thanks, VickySue! My surgery date is 27th September so less than 5 weeks. Have you got your surgery date yet?

Uggg... got a call earlier this week and my surgery team said I have to wait the full 6 months for surgery. So now, it looks like late October. I remain grateful though as I'm blessed to have insurance.

Hello everyone! My surgery date is September 24! Super excited! South Florida! Any south Florida people on a similar journey and timeline?

Hello everyone! My surgery date is September 24! Super excited! South Florida! Any south Florida people on a similar journey and timeline?

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Mine was to be sept 27th but insurance delayed. It should either be Oct 4th or the 25th. I have an appt Thursday and hope to find out then.

2 hours ago, Vicky Sue said:

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Mine was to be sept 27th but insurance delayed. It should either be Oct 4th or the 25th. I have an appt Thursday and hope to find out then.

Thank you! Best of luck and success!!!!