Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all, according to guide I have from my doctor: this is what I can take week 1 below. I am confused on how to make a creamed Soup as I don’t soup. Are there suggestions for a soup for week 1? Something that is easy to make? Can I have chicken broth instead of a creamed soup? My second question is about light yogurt blended with skim milk as that it was it listed in the picture I have posted. Any recommendations of a yogurt I can pick from target or Walmart to satisfy this requirement?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_2876.jpg

This video should answer your questions.

by light yogurt I'm guessing she means something like Dannon's Light & Fit (which you can get anywhere), Kroger's Carbmaster (at Kroger and Kroger affiliates), or the 100-calorie "protein Greek yogurt" that Aldi sells in a 4-pack. But there are others. There are others out there as well - but those three come to mind.

You don’t have to make your own cream Soup. Just buy them from the supermarket. That’s all I did those first two weeks. Made my own Soups after then but honestly couldn’t be bothered to cook anything that first fortnight. Heat or shake were my cooking limits. 😁

Any broth works including the broth from wonton soup or pho (jus drain & strain the solids out). Bone Broth is the best but it can be salty.

Just watch any fruit chunks in the yoghurt. Strain it well after blending it with the milk. Chobani yoghurt was recommended to me but I found it too sweet. Found a less sweet one with more Protein (20g) which also had a yoghurt drink. Think it’s only in Australia (Danone yopro) but the don’t do the drink anymore. Mine didn’t have to be ‘lite’.

I have chicken broth and add things like some won ton Soup mix, pad Thai or Tom Yum paste. A little goes a long way as you need to watch salt and spices, but I find it delicious and satisfying.

One week, 20 pounds!!! I know we're not supposed to weigh ourselves much, but, Hurray! I really notice the difference in not having to haul that around.

Question - how's everybody's energy doing? I'm really struggling with low energy. Okay, I'm 74, just had major surgery (including a bonus hernia repair), and yesterday was the first day I was able to get in 800 calories, so I guess the answer to my own question is simply, "Patience."

---sigh--- (Not my strong suit)

Is it on the list from your provider? Some say yes and some day no. General variations in programs. I've been having it since day one, and it feels good in my tummy.

I’d think that one would be very suitable as a lite yoghurt. It’s no fat, no sugar, no sweeteners & 15g Protein. Most ‘lite’ yoghurts are either low fat or low added sugar but they up the artificial sweeteners keeping them sweet. As I said before just watch any chunky bits of fruit. Strain it well after adding the milk. Remember to add enough to make it very thin & easy to swallow.