Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 2 month pre-op diet!?! Anyone else?

If you have the ability to purchase a Ninja Cream, you can turn the shakes into ice cream. I'm looking forward to it more after so I can add some "fun" things in like sugar free puddings to get some better flavors, but I made one last night with vanilla Fairlife and about 2 tbsp of a chocolate Protein Shake added when I did the respin.

1 hour ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

My surgeon didn't allow me to have any food at all. So the stuff I mentioed is what I was told I can have. If you can have a meal, I would look at some ideas of what others had that were allowed to. I saw a lot of fish, steamed veggies, chicken, lean Proteins (lean ground beef), etc... They also made sure not to have more than 4oz of food during their 1 meal. I wish you lots of luck. You got this :)

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

That’s a long time but at least it’s not all liquid. It will be tough but the good news is you will have a head start losing before you even get to surgery. You’ve got this.

Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, AmbiiNicole said:

Thank you so much. I was having a hard time figuring out how to update my stats. You can't do it through the app or on mobile. But got it figured out. I appreciate you.

After seeing your stats. Its more likely a safety issue with having to loose the 40lb before surgery. Here is a video explaining that part from a surgeon. That part starts at around the 2:00 minute mark.

I think it would be a safety precaution too - putting you in a better & healthier place for your surgery. My surgeon puts his patients on different diets based upon their weight, eating habits, weight loss & medical history. Some are on all shakes or 2 shakes & a meal (under the hospital’s weight loss clinic) or Keto with a dietician which I was on.

I did the 2 shakes & a meal for a good 3 months some years ago. My meal was at night. It is hard to begin because you’re breaking a lot of habits & addictions (salt, sugar, caffeine, etc.). The first week is usually the hardest but you will lose weight. You got this.

Watch the pickles especially the number you eat. Those extra calories quickly add up. If you feel hungry, try a green or herbal tea.

Also see if they have Soups as well as shakes. (The hospital weight loss clinic program offered Soup & shakes mixes as did the pharmacy brand program I followed.) Drinking soups can seem more meal like & can be more satisfying.

I think it would be a safety precaution too - putting you in a better & healthier place for your surgery. My surgeon puts his patients on different diets based upon their weight, eating habits, weight loss & medical history. Some are on all shakes or 2 shakes & a meal (under the hospital’s weight loss clinic) or Keto with a dietician which I was on.
I did the 2 shakes & a meal for a good 3 months some years ago. My meal was at night. It is hard to begin because you’re breaking a lot of habits & addictions (salt, sugar, caffeine, etc.). The first week is usually the hardest but you will lose weight. You got this.
Watch the pickles especially the number you eat. Those extra calories quickly add up. If you feel hungry, try a green or herbal tea.
Also see if they have Soups as well as shakes. (The hospital weight loss clinic program offered Soup & shakes mixes as did the pharmacy brand program I followed.) Drinking Soups can seem more meal like & can be more satisfying.

Thank you so much for the tips. I had no idea about pickles since the jar said 0 calories. But I've only been eating 3 or 4 pickle spears a day. I will cut that out. There are soups offered on the Bariatric Advantage website that they had me get my shakes from. Do I have to look at the labeling or are they all similar to shakes?

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

My programme only stipulated a pre-op liver-shrinking diet for 2 weeks. However, my first date for surgery got cancelled - literally the night before, so I kept on the diet (more or less) for another 6 weeks until I finally got relisted. I ended up losing 25lbs before I had my surgery and boy am I glad now that I did, because otherwise I would still have had those to lose!

Best of luck with your weight loss journey and keep posting here - there is so much support and a wealth of experience.

14 hours ago, AmbiiNicole said:

Thank you so much for the tips. I had no idea about pickles since the jar said 0 calories. But I've only been eating 3 or 4 pickle spears a day. I will cut that out. There are Soups offered on the Bariatric Advantage website that they had me get my shakes from. Do I have to look at the labeling or are they all similar to shakes?

I’d compare the nutritional information & also check with your medical team just to be sure. Usually those soups are designed to be high Protein low calorie like the shakes.