Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning!

How are you doing with your pre-op liver shrinking diets?
I started mine a day early, I was so excited. (Yes, I'm a wierdo.) So today is officially day 7 for me! I have lost just shy of 10lbs, and managed to not cheat. I won't say it is easy, since I gave up Diet Coke after almost 30 years, and I am working on weaning off caffeine, which is my biggest hurdle. I go for my pre-op testing on Wednesday and then it's just shy of a week until surgery day, YAY!

So what are your accomplishments and struggles so far?

You have done so well, Keep up the good work and you will soon be on the onto your new life

Congrats on your pre surgery weight loss!......its the 21st for me too! I agree the biggest struggle has been my morning coffee. I started my preop diet on the 8th because we were out of town for 2 weeks prior for a funeral and everyone wanted to take us out to dinner every night for a week so I didnt get to loose much before my pre op started. Plus I kinda wanted to divorce my bad food habbit but have that one last fling hahah. Eitherway I've been loosing an average of 1.2 lbs a day since I started.

I’m the 21st as well. I’m on day 7 of the pre-op diet and have lost 12.5 lbs. I gave up Diet Coke a couple months ago after about a 30 year addiction lol. My grandkids are here this week but I’m doing well so far. Already been postponed twice so I’m ready for this one!

Congratulations to you all. Sounds like you are doing so well. Good luck on your surgeries.

Nice to meet everyone :) Glad to see everyone is doing so well, we are almost there!

Thanks ShoppGirl, and tips you could share from your experience would be awesome.

5 minutes ago, Mrskellygreen said:

Nice to meet everyone :) Glad to see everyone is doing so well, we are almost there!

Thanks ShoppGirl, and tips you could share from your experience would be awesome.

Well it sounds like you are all doing well on your liver shrink diet which would be my first piece of advice. I had very little pain post op and after my dr commented twice on how well I did on the liver shrink diet I asked the NP if the two were related and she said that getting the liver out of the way definitely makes the surgery easier which means less bruising and stuff so yes that did help. The second piece of advice is to not compare yourself to others during your recovery or weight loss phase. We are all here to cheer each other on but every one of our paths will be unique. Don’t get discouraged if you are a slower loser or have more stalls than others. Trust the process and the weight will come off if you just follow the plan.

I’m finishing up all of my pre-op work this week. Surgery scheduled for 8:40 A.M. on the 21st! Can’t wait to see the results of this journey.

I’m on the 22nd, and I’m doing well! I have my preop appointment tomorrow!

My surgery is the 20th so I’m on Day 11 odd the pre-op diet. Today was really a bad day because I tried to have my shake for Breakfast and it made me nauseous. I took a few sips and it was just making me too sick so I thought I might just be sick of that flavor so I tried a different one. That one made me nauseated as well. I’m at a loss of why. Normally I have no problems with the Protein Shakes I but, but today they just are making me sick.

19 hours ago, lvetere83 said:

My surgery is the 20th so I’m on Day 11 odd the pre-op diet. Today was really a bad day because I tried to have my shake for Breakfast and it made me nauseous. I took a few sips and it was just making me too sick so I thought I might just be sick of that flavor so I tried a different one. That one made me nauseated as well. I’m at a loss of why. Normally I have no problems with the Protein Shakes I but, but today they just are making me sick.

Oh no, that sucks! I know there are days when the shakes and crystal light all become too sweet to me. That's usually when I will switch over to broth and postpone a shake.
I am just reading this, so I hope by now you are feeling better :)

Well I had my pre-op appointment yesterday and everything is a go for next Tuesday. The one question I totally forgot to ask the Dr. was, what will my goal weight be. I could barely sit still since I am so excited.

Thinking about drinking shakes for another week and a half is still not that great, lol.

1 hour ago, Mrskellygreen said:

Oh no, that sucks! I know there are days when the shakes and crystal light all become too sweet to me. That's usually when I will switch over to broth and postpone a shake.
I am just reading this, so I hope by now you are feeling better :)

I'm not feeling better yet, which is strange to me. the shakes are just not tasting right. I don't know if I am coming down with a cold or something and that's why, but it is making it really hard for me to get my Protein in. My pre-op COVID test is tomorrow and I'm kind of worried about it

On 6/16/2022 at 3:59 PM, lvetere83 said:

I'm not feeling better yet, which is strange to me. the shakes are just not tasting right. I don't know if I am coming down with a cold or something and that's why, but it is making it really hard for me to get my Protein in. My pre-op COVID test is tomorrow and I'm kind of worried about it

I hope your test came out ok. Did you tell your doctor about your issues? I would hate for you to make it to post op already behind the 8-ball so to speak. I have you in my thoughts!

On 6/13/2022 at 6:19 PM, Jen-ny said:

I’m on the 22nd, and I’m doing well! I have my preop appointment tomorrow!

How did your pre-op go? Are you getting nervous? Excited?