Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I start on Tuesday too! 😁 my surgery is on July 12 I am also varying between excited and scared that it's not going to work. I have such a problem losing weight.

I’m now on day 6 (out of 14) of my preop diet. I’m past the constant headache stage, but I’m still grumpy. I just ate two cups of steamed broccoli (with only salt) out of desperation — My nutritionist said I can always eat non-starchy vegetables if I need to eat something. I’m counting down the days at this point.

I am scheduled for July 7th. I am now doing my 2 week preop meal. I have one problem, 3 days ago on Thursday 6/23, I came down with covid. Feels more like a head cold or sinus issue. I tried calling my doctor on Friday, but no response. I have been eating per meal requirements and drinking plenty of fluids. I more felt like it was the flu. I did a home test and it showed positive. I am sure they are going to push back my surgery and I am so disappointed, I have been working on this since 2019. Two hospitals , 2 doctors later and change of insurance and not to mention I saved and I am now paying cash. I should o expect the delay to be?? Has anyone had this issue. I know my lungs are clear I am using the spiral meter the think you suck air and hold ball in place. I have been rubbing on Vicks. I have been resting a lot and taking it easy.

So sorry to hear that Kendall! I'm afraid that could happen to any of us. I've been wearing a mask and avoiding public except for groceries. I'm sure your Dr will schedule you as soon as possible. Just hopefully he's not as booked as mine 8s.

I’m July 21, and I started my liquid diet (ok, I get one meal/day of lean Protein, green non-starchy veg, and healthy fat). It isn’t terrible, but it isn’t great either!

06/29/2022 03:11 PM, overrated_adulting said:

Hey y’all! New here…surgery is 7/18 and I’m getting nervous as I start the pre-op diet MONDAY!!! Im nervous it will be excruciating and/or I won’t be mentally strong enough.

When do you all start your pre-op diet?

I started mines last week the 6/24, and I most say the first or third day I was getting so frustrated because seeing someone or Family member eat while you only aloud too have liquid for the last 2 week… it was hard for me but after the fourth day I wasn’t so Bad I’m on my Six day and I’m okay now it don’t bother me at all… but I WISH I CAN EAT SMH