Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had RNY July 20th. At my one week checkup I had lost 10 lbs. I weigh myself weekly and the last 2 weeks I haven't lost anything. 0 lbs in 2 weeks. Living off soft foods and have low energy levels for what? I'm starting college on the 29th and was hoping to have lost some weight by then. My mood has been all over the place. I've been crying and am regretting this surgery so badly.
Hi@FierceFire. I hope this gets better for you before you start back at college. I'm also starting back to college on the 22nd. I'm scheduled to get some IV fluids tomorrow (day 3 post-op). I'll let you know if that helps.

1 hour ago, heartofmercury said:

Hi@FierceFire. I hope this gets better for you before you start back at college. I'm also starting back to college on the 22nd. I'm scheduled to get some IV fluids tomorrow (day 3 post-op). I'll let you know if that helps.

Thank you! I woke up today and my fingers looked swollen and my period started. I feel like that explains part of it at least. I must still be losing fat if my weight hasn't changed, yet I'm holding onto much more Water. It also explains the extra moodiness. 😂 Definitely going to up my water intake and hope things level out soon. I bet IV fluids will help you. 🙏

On 8/9/2022 at 10:24 AM, FierceFire said:

I had RNY July 20th. At my one week checkup I had lost 10 lbs. I weigh myself weekly and the last 2 weeks I haven't lost anything. 0 lbs in 2 weeks. Living off soft foods and have low energy levels for what? I'm starting college on the 29th and was hoping to have lost some weight by then. My mood has been all over the place. I've been crying and am regretting this surgery so badly.

Also going back to school like two weeks post op. You got this!! Moodiness is super normal, and it gets better day by day as you heal. Good luck with school!

On 8/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, s3thephysician2Be said:

Thank you !!

anyone have any Protein recommendations besides Premiere (who apparently is having a recall of some of their products), or Ensure Max ? Any Protein powders you guys like putting in your Water ?

Thanks,

S

Fairlife milk. 13 grams of protein in one cup and it doesn’t have the fake sweeteners. I just ordered some powders from Clean Simple Eats to try to boost it up to 30 per cup, but worried about the same issue with the sweeteners.

I meant to post this here…Tomorrow is two weeks post op. Feeling good. Much more energy. Walked a mile and a half with the fam earlier and didn’t need a break, which two weeks ago wouldn’t have happened. Tried puréed egg salad today and seems to be sitting well. My biggest thing is remembering to eat slow. Last night I did my yogurt dinner too fast and it was not pleasant. 🥹 Hubby is getting sleeved 8/26. Lots of changes in our home!!!

Speaking of Fairlife, has anyone tried their bottled ‘nutrition’ drinks? 30g Protein, and they taste exactly like chocolate milk, I mean EXACTLY. Zero aftertaste. Sooo frickin delicious. I’m ordering online to try the other flavors. Premier Protein is ok for me, but the Fairlife ones absolutely taste like a cheat.

My costco has them in boxes in the Protein Shake area next to PP, they don’t come refrigerated.

Thank you! I woke up today and my fingers looked swollen and my period started. I feel like that explains part of it at least. I must still be losing fat if my weight hasn't changed, yet I'm holding onto much more Water. It also explains the extra moodiness. [emoji23] Definitely going to up my water intake and hope things level out soon. I bet IV fluids will help you. [emoji120]
Just wanted to report back that IV fluids helped tremendously! I had a ton of energy yesterday.

Oh no!! I hope you're feeling ok, and that they get you rescheduled soon.
Maybe they have some kind of scheduling flexibility in place for instances like this? You cannot possibly be the only one. Crossing my fingers for you!
I was able to have my surgery on July 29th. Now on the road to recovery

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 8/9/2022 at 10:08 AM, Puella said:

Question: Has anyone used the plain Protein powders by adding them to Soups or yogurt or pudding, etc, in order to maintain protein levels for each day? If so, which brand? I will do anything not to have to drink the shakes twice a day. Thank you.

I've been using GENEPRO. There's no taste, so it's easy to add to Soups. The problem I've had with them is that they don't mix well and can lump up when I microwave the Soup if I don't get the powder to fully disolve.

On 8/11/2022 at 2:29 PM, MrsPinedo said:

Speaking of Fairlife, has anyone tried their bottled ‘nutrition’ drinks? 30g Protein, and they taste exactly like chocolate milk, I mean EXACTLY. Zero aftertaste. Sooo frickin delicious. I’m ordering online to try the other flavors. Premier Protein is ok for me, but the Fairlife ones absolutely taste like a cheat.

My costco has them in boxes in the Protein Shake area next to PP, they don’t come refrigerated.

The Fairlife Protein Shakes are good. I bought a case of the chocolate, but once I bought an individual bottle, I think was banana/strawberry which was also good.

If I have time though, I mix Bodytech whey Tech Pro 24 with cold Water. Their rich chocolate flavor is awesome and tastes exactly like chocolate milk. The vanilla ice cream flavor is good as well. But I do not care for the strawberry shortcake flavor. 🤮

Five-week Post-Op update.

• W1 - 7/22: -12.6 lbs
  • W2 - 7/29: -5.6 lbs
  • W3 - 8/05: -2.6 lbs
  • W4 - 8/12: -3.8 lbs
  • W5 - 8/19: -4.4 lbs

That's 29 lbs since surgery to go with the 28 lbs I lost prior to surgery. It's great to see the numbers go down because when I see myself in a picture or in the mirror, all I see is my (still) big belly.

I was weighing myself daily for the first 4 weeks, and not seeing big results each morning was driving me crazy. So, I am only recording my weight on Fridays now. After the first week, it looks like I'm losing about 4 pounds a week now. I think that's good, right?

NSVs: My face is definitely thinner. My pants fit much looser and I am now fitting into some clothes that I had outgrown. I had to dig out an old belt since the one I have been using no longer had enough holes. I'm about to fully transition from my 3XL shirts to 2XL. Right now, it's a mix in my dresser drawer.

Physically, I feel great. I still get hungry, but I fill up fast. I have a bit of a problem knowing when I'm full and it's hard to get out of the habit of eating everything on my plate. If I eat too much, it's a bit uncomfortable, but it doesn't hurt. I guess this concerns me a bit. I want to get better listening to my stomach.

The diet plan completely sucks, and I try not to cheat. But it sucks, so what do they expect? I just got back from a family visit and had two 1,000 mile drives. For the trip, I made a low-fat chicken salad and had string cheese and Quest Protein chips for Snacks.

Hi everyone! Today I am 4 weeks post-op and thought I would give an update. I stopped weighing myself everyday because it was difficult watching a stalled scale. I only weigh on Fridays now. Since surgery (4 weeks go) I have lost 16.6 lbs. I feel very fortunate that I have not had any pain. I feel like I can definitely eat more than a few ounces at a time. I can eat almost up to a cup but I am trying to mindful and stop before that. I can see the weight loss in my face and my clothes are fitting better. I believe that I am down a total of 30 lbs since I started this process. Today, I graduate to soft foods! Finally, some variety! Hope everyone is doing well!

1 minute ago, SleeveCaroline said:

I stopped weighing myself everyday because it was difficult watching a stalled scale. I only weigh on Fridays now.

I feel like I can definitely eat more than a few ounces at a time. I can eat almost up to a cup but I am trying to mindful and stop before that.

I can see the weight loss in my face and my clothes are fitting better.

Wow, that sounds like me, :D

Five-week Post-Op update.
  • W1 - 7/22: -12.6 lbs
  • W2 - 7/29: -5.6 lbs
  • W3 - 8/05: -2.6 lbs
  • W4 - 8/12: -3.8 lbs
  • W5 - 8/19: -4.4 lbs
That's 29 lbs since surgery to go with the 28 lbs I lost prior to surgery. It's great to see the numbers go down because when I see myself in a picture or in the mirror, all I see is my (still) big belly.
I was weighing myself daily for the first 4 weeks, and not seeing big results each morning was driving me crazy. So, I am only recording my weight on Fridays now. After the first week, it looks like I'm losing about 4 pounds a week now. I think that's good, right?
NSVs: My face is definitely thinner. My pants fit much looser and I am now fitting into some clothes that I had outgrown. I had to dig out an old belt since the one I have been using no longer had enough holes. I'm about to fully transition from my 3XL shirts to 2XL. Right now, it's a mix in my dresser drawer.
Physically, I feel great. I still get hungry, but I fill up fast. I have a bit of a problem knowing when I'm full and it's hard to get out of the habit of eating everything on my plate. If I eat too much, it's a bit uncomfortable, but it doesn't hurt. I guess this concerns me a bit. I want to get better listening to my stomach.
The diet plan completely sucks, and I try not to cheat. But it sucks, so what do they expect? I just got back from a family visit and had two 1,000 mile drives. For the trip, I made a low-fat chicken salad and had string cheese and Quest Protein chips for Snacks.

Congrats Kevin! You're steadily dropping the weight. I'm only a week and a half post-op but I'm looking forward to getting out of my 3XL shirts also!