Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

17 hours ago, KevinS62 said:

I feel it. I'm sitting here working in my bedroom office and adult son is making Spam and eggs in the kitchen. It's like torture. I end up eating my Soup or broth at the table by myself, while wifey is cooking something nice for her and the son.

I guess, I hope, I'm sure, once I get on my regular diet after another month or so, it will be easier. I will be able to eat with them, just smaller portions than I used to put on my plate. My hope is to get them to eat a little healthier as well.

Hi everyone! Sleeved on July 20th. I feel this in my soul. Keep getting suggestions of food videos show up on my social media - thinking about just getting rid of it all together. 2nd year med student, kind of nervous with how busy classes are / nutritional deficiencies because its kinda difficult to get in all the Fluid requirements (esp with the nasty Protein shakes). Excited to interact with everyone in this community though!

-S

On 8/1/2022 at 11:10 PM, Kbennettaz said:

Man I totally understand. My surgery was July 21st. I struggle everyday hitting my Protein goal. The Nausea for me is just unbearable. Im calling the dr tomorrow looking for a support group of some sort. Also asking for some tips. Everyday I struggle I try and be so tough but I naturally have a weak stomach as it is. I know once I get to have normal healthy food Ill be okay but thats not until August 11th. Sometimes I just cry because Im struggling.

I'm sorry you're still struggling, @Kbennettaz, I remember you were having nausea pre-op as well. I hope your doctor can help you get that under control. I despise feeling nauseous, one of the Vitamins the nutritionist recommended made me feel queasy even when taken with food (it was the Iron content/format) so I switched that out.

For me, I have to find something which is "safe" when I feel that way. It's psychological but after a surgery when I was 15 the only thing I could keep down was ice cold milk. Nowadays it is still my go-to if I get nauseous and don't have meds.

Hey y'all. I just wanted to post a Three-week update.

• I feel good. Pretty much normal even. Except, of course, with a smaller stomach capacity
  • Incisions are fully closed. The small ones look good and only the largest still has any leftover scabbing.
  • I'm trying to stay positive since I've lost more than 20 pounds since surgery. But my weight loss progress has slowed more than I thought it would this early. Maybe it's the third week stall we keep hearing about.
    • W1: -12.6 lbs
    • W2: -5.6 lbs
    • W3: -2.6 lbs
  • My conservative diet plan sucks, but it improves a little this week, since I can add cottage cheese, shredded cheese, Beans, canned fruit and some specific well-cooked veggies (only carrots and asparagus look appetizing).
  • I am logging everything. I am getting 80-100g of Protein, 50-90 oz of water/fluids, and 650-750 calories daily.
  • I have not done great on my steps/walking/exercise, but plan to fix that this week now that things at work has calmed a bit.

I have now lost a total of 48.6 lbs since I started losing weight in late March when I had my "Oh Hell No!" moment and contacted the surgeon's office. I am feeling pretty good about that.

Edited by KevinS62

On 8/1/2022 at 10:00 PM, OtterBot said:

Anyone else have a delayed toilet issues post surgery?

How are you doing? Welcome to the July Peeps. As for your question, the answer is yes. I'm 3 weeks post-op and have probably averaged one BM every 2-3 days due to having mostly Fluid diet. As you graduate to more solid foods, I'm certain you will have more frequent toilet visits.

Hi, kevin! Did your dietitian set the calorie range? Mine won't. She told me to work on getting 60-90 g of Protein. I'm averaging about 700 cal a day. Losing about 1-2 lbs a week. I did lose 10 lbs the first 10 days. Have lost 18 lbs since I started liquid diet 6 weeks ago. Made my first goal of 225 already. I was 252 on my first appointment last June.

1 minute ago, Bridge1967 said:

Hi, kevin! Did your dietitian set the calorie range? Mine won't. She told me to work on getting 60-90 g of Protein. I'm averaging about 700 cal a day. Losing about 1-2 lbs a week. I did lose 10 lbs the first 10 days. Have lost 18 lbs since I started liquid diet 6 weeks ago. Made my first goal of 225 already. I was 252 on my first appointment last June.

She has not mentioned it to me in my two appointments with her and it's not even talked about in my menu/nutrition plan. In a FAQ she sent me last week, it says calories needed depend on gender, age and activity level, but a general rule of thumb is around 1,000 calories a day. The FAQ does not say when to start the "1,000 per day" thing, but I find it somewhat difficult during the liquid phase and I plan to build up to it as I increase my activity level.

In the meantime, I'm concentrating on the 90g Protein and 64oz fluid/water.

Congratulations @KevinS62 on your theee weeks! Same for me. I did get on the scale for the first time yesterday and I’ve lost 15lbs which I am very happy with. 25 to goal. Clothes are fitting better and I have a lot of energy for the first time this week. Biggest challenge is not eating because boredom. I’ve been able to tolerate everything I have tried, in much smaller portions of course. I am about to go to “regular food” this weekend. Not being hungry is an interesting feeling, I’ll try to make the most of it while I can. Im heading home to the UK for a trip next weekend and very excited to see my family.

hope everyone else is doing well!

12 minutes ago, Caybot said:

I am about to go to “regular food” this weekend. Not being hungry is an interesting feeling, I’ll try to make the most of it while I can. I'm heading home to the UK for a trip next weekend and very excited to see my family.

Jealous of you going to regular food when my plan is barely letting me start some soft foods. LOL. Enjoy your trip this weekend!

I’m having my One week post op visit today. Everything has been going great I only have a strange feeling when swallowing and it is tough to get all the fluids in I’m only getting 40-50oz a day and I get tired easily but I get to go to full liquids today. I’m down 60lbs since my first visit in April 5 and 11 of those pounds have been since surgery.

I had my two week Post Op appointment this morning. I am right where I am supposed to be. I've lost 18 lbs since Pre-Op diet, wounds are healing nicely and I have advanced to pureed food! I put Amy's Organic Black Bean and Vegetable Soup in a Magic Blender and had about 1/3 of it. Delicious after the liquid diet. My husband and I are leaving first thing in the morning to drive from CA to NY (a family cottage)...three days. We used to stop at fast food places but now it will be rest stops since I am bringing my own food...greek yogurt, cottage cheese, shakes and the leftover bean soup. Even my husband is bringing his own food. Since I have not told anyone about my surgery, it was my plan to have the surgery, get clearance to go to NY and by the time I return I will be on regular food (just smaller portions). It will be easier in those social situations back in CA. I am glad everyone is doing well.

53 minutes ago, SleeveCaroline said:

I had my two week Post Op appointment this morning. I am right where I am supposed to be. I've lost 18 lbs since Pre-Op diet, wounds are healing nicely and I have advanced to pureed food! I put Amy's Organic Black Bean and Vegetable Soup in a Magic Blender and had about 1/3 of it. Delicious after the liquid diet. My husband and I are leaving first thing in the morning to drive from CA to NY (a family cottage)...three days. We used to stop at fast food places but now it will be rest stops since I am bringing my own food...greek yogurt, cottage cheese, shakes and the leftover bean Soup. Even my husband is bringing his own food. Since I have not told anyone about my surgery, it was my plan to have the surgery, get clearance to go to NY and by the time I return I will be on regular food (just smaller portions). It will be easier in those social situations back in CA. I am glad everyone is doing well.

Sounds like you are doing great. Funny you mentioned your trip. I was just asking about eating on a 1,000 mile trip (Louisiana to Iowa) and got some good tips. In case you hadn't seen it, Eating/Drinking on a Road Trip: 4-5 Weeks Post-Op. Enjoy your trip!

I had my surgery July 5th and I have been stalled since July 18th…I’m 25 pounds down which I’m grateful for but this stall is very scary. 2 full weeks of no change. I can’t help but to be discouraged when I see that others in my support group aren’t stalling.

1 hour ago, Warriorprincess1982 said:

I had my surgery July 5th and I have been stalled since July 18th…I’m 25 pounds down which I’m grateful for but this stall is very scary. 2 full weeks of no change. I can’t help but to be discouraged when I see that others in my support group aren’t stalling.

Welcome to the July Peeps and also to the site. I'm sorry about your stall. That has to be frustrating going that long without the scales moving.

After I lost 12.6 in week one, I lost 5.6 in week two and only 2.6 in week three. I need to be happy that I''m 20 lbs down but it feels like my progress has slowed to a crawl. At my 2-week post-op visit my surgeon told me not to worry about it. It's temporary and my body was going through changes.

Many on the forum have mentioned a "Week 3 stall", so you are not the only one this happens to. It's temporary and you should break out of it soon.

Edited by KevinS62

I've slowed as well. I'm also in the middle of week 3. This is to be expected.

Edited by MsGina