Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regain advice

I need some Advice. Through the past year I have struggled I let people tell me that I had lost to much and look sickly I went from 400 to 218 I’m back up to 275. The snowball effect is killing me. I need some advice to get this back in check.

if you're no longer measuring/weighing and tracking your food, I'd start with that - if nothing else, just to get a handle on just how much you're eating.

then I'd go back to eating the way you were the first year or two after surgery. Not all the way back to the first couple of months, but the months after that - Protein first, then vegetables, and then if you have room, a small portion of fruit or healthy carb.

The fact that you're here wanting to draw a line under this regain and looking for support is a fab first step. What you have regained is only a fraction of what you lost. @catwoman7 advice is spot on - your restriction should still be there if you want to use it now. You've obviously lost weight very successfully before so you can do it again, and you're starting when it's still completely doable. Best of luck back on the program!!

Get your Water in and track everything. Best luck

What has really helped me was going back to Protein Shakes. For me it is like a whole system reset. The cravings go away and I can deal a bit better. A call to the doctor is also a good idea. It you are having cravings perhaps one of the newer meds might help. Regain is touch but not insumountable!

On 6/5/2022 at 10:24 PM, wade5901 said:

I need some Advice. Through the past year I have struggled I let people tell me that I had lost to much and look sickly I went from 400 to 218 I’m back up to 275. The snowball effect is killing me. I need some advice to get this back in check.

I am 20 years out and have experience just about everything that comes with having weight loss surgery. I am also a pharmacist and have been like a community resource for the docs in my circle. It was a struggle to keep the weight off and to get back on track after regain. sw 296 lw: 126 regain weight 177 cw 145-150. But it is possible. Did you get the help you needed? It’s been a while since you posted, how are you doing now? Any Update?

It can be challenging to overcome weight regain, especially when it feels like a snowball effect. However, it's important to remember that weight loss is a journey and there will be setbacks along the way.

One of the first things you can do is to identify the reasons for the weight regain. Is it because you have been eating more than your body needs? Are you not getting enough physical activity? Are there emotional or stress-related reasons for overeating? Once you have identified the reasons, you can start to develop strategies to address them.

One strategy is to focus on developing a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. This may include incorporating regular physical activity into your routine, eating a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean Proteins, and finding ways to manage stress and emotions in a healthy way.

Another strategy is to track your food intake and exercise. Keeping a food diary can help you identify patterns in your eating habits and make adjustments as needed. Tracking your exercise routine can also help you stay accountable and motivated.

It's also important to surround yourself with a supportive environment, including friends and family who will support you in your weight loss journey, and consider seeking professional help such as a dietitian, a therapist or a bariatric professional.

Remember that progress may not be linear and it takes time to see results. Be kind to yourself, and don't give up on your goals.