Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recreational drugs post surgery be honest -.-

I think a large majority of this forum doesn’t use drugs post op. Because it’s a little ridiculous to do a life saving thing just to risk your life and all that . But I hope those that partake do see this thread so you can get some answers besides “hey don’t do it.” 👍

I have a medical marijuana card (put down your pitchforks people, i have two qualifying medical conditions), but i haven’t used since the pre-op diet to help offset the nausea i experienced. I haven’t use post operatively since i haven’t experienced a flare up of either condition. Unfortunately, you aren’t going to meet any supportive people on this site as far as recreational or medical drug use. You’ll get a lot of lectures and pearl clutching instead.

I’m not post op but have friends that are and drink and such. The issue is most recreational things can cause you to eat more than you think you are. After some trials my cousin limits herself on anything and then only a couple times a year. She had herself a few times that she made herself sick after nights out.

No issues so far with marijuana. Currently using this one. It is a 1:1 Ratio of THC and CBD. So roughly around 48% THC and 37% CBD. Does not increase my hunger at all and i feel great. I am not doing edibles because i have watched youtube videos that the affects of edibles are much different after surgery so i am staying away.

IMG_6820.JPG

I tried to smoke a joint in the first week post to deal with surgery pain cuz I didn’t want to take my pain meds.

The resulting coughing fit (and stomach pain from the coughing) put an end to that real quick!

About a year later i tried again and was fine. Im back to my normal rate of usage (like once every couple months) with no issue. Bonus points: I don’t get the uncontrollable munchies anymore! If i do feel munchy, its easy to ignore 💪🏼

P.S. No, i dont have a medical marijuana card, and Yes, its legal up here now, lol.

P.S.S. I also drink/drank regularly (pre and post op), but only started drinking regularly again after weight loss phase. During weight loss phase I probably had about 5 partial drinks in total the entire time.

P.P.S. I also smoke (cigarettes), which i am half-heartedly trying to stop. Sigh.

Edited by ms.sss

On 6/4/2022 at 11:20 PM, Fkyaz said:

Just seeing what’s ur experience like weed? Coke? Micheladas ?

What is Micheladas?

NM, I googled it!

Edited by LilaNicole20

Oh snap, looks like I stumbled upon a real oldie but goodie here. Despite the age of this post, I still wanted to share my two cents. I totally get why rec drugs post-surgery is a hot topic. I've been there too. To be honest, I've dabbled in a few things, but weed is definitely my go-to. It helps me chill and ease any aches and pains. And if you're in the market for a reliable source, I'd definitely recommend checking out a medical cannabis pharmacy. They'll connect you with some dank strains and make sure you're getting the goods. Just remember to always listen to your doc and your body.

Edited by AnabelleHarmon

I am a regular Marijuana user (Vape) as well as Microdosing Psychedelics 4x3 schedule and I enjoy Medical supervised Ketamine infusions...

I use cannabis (the legally-available kind) and feel like while it does give "the munchies" at times, I am the one in control and I choose whether I eat or not, and it helps if you know you're planning for a bit of a sesh to prepare some Snacks you're comfortable eating before you start...the way I see it, it might make me hungry but it also makes me lazy, so if I have a convenient, healthy snack or a less healthy one I'm going to need to actually prepare, I'm going for the easy stuff!

For whatever it's worth, I feel like the times I've consumed alcohol, it's lowered my inhibitions and led to much worse food decisions than weed ever does, especially since it seems like alcohol makes it so I can't feel my restriction as strongly.