Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings! I'm a newbie here. I was approved quickly for gastric sleeve surgery. I have a surgery date of June 22nd. The doc wants me on the liver shrinkage diet for 3 weeks so it's T minus 5 days until I need to start. I would love to find hints, tips, and advice on ways to make it more tolerable. I would also like to find & chat with other RA sufferers who are utilizing VSG in hopes of remission, like myself. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N976U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello and congratulations on your surgery date. What are you allowed on your pre op diet. Mine was 2 weeks but I was allowed small portions of lean meat and non starchy veggies. I had a lot of grilled steak and onion since I knew I wouldn’t be eating steak for a while.

Hello and congratulations on your surgery date. What are you allowed on your pre op diet. Mine was 2 weeks but I was allowed small portions of lean meat and non starchy veggies. I had a lot of grilled steak and onion since I knew I wouldn’t be eating steak for a while.

Thanks for your reply! Protein Drinks for Breakfast & lunch and a small amount of lean meat, and veggies for dinner. I have been dieting since my 2nd weigh-in with my surgeon's office. It seems if you gain weight the surgery would be canceled by my insurance carrier. I'm making sure that doesn't happen.

3 minutes ago, riverlady241 said:

Thanks for your reply! Protein Drinks for Breakfast & lunch and a small amount of lean meat, and veggies for dinner. I have been dieting since my 2nd weigh-in with my surgeon's office. It seems if you gain weight the surgery would be canceled by my insurance carrier. I'm making sure that doesn't happen.

Good for you. The more you lose now the less you have to lose post surgery anyways. Just know that you may not lose as much as some people do on the pre op diet since you have already been dieting and lost that Water weight. The goal of the pre op diet is not to lose weight anyways though it’s goal is just to shrink the liver. Also know that you are very lucky that you get to have meat and veggies on your pre op. I didn’t realize how lucky I was until I hung around here for a while. There are some people on here that have liquid only diets.

Greetings! I'm a newbie here. I was approved quickly for gastric sleeve surgery. I have a surgery date of June 22nd. The doc wants me on the liver shrinkage diet for 3 weeks so it's T minus 5 days until I need to start. I would love to find hints, tips, and advice on ways to make it more tolerable. I would also like to find & chat with other RA sufferers who are utilizing VSG in hopes of remission, like myself. Thank you!

WOW! Congratulations!
It took me 6 months to get my date. I'm scheduled for June 6th.

Sent from my SM-G981V using BariatricPal mobile app

On 05/27/2022 at 19:04, riverlady241 said:

Congratulations! I’m also schedule for 6/6 on day 5 of liquid diet. Good luck!

I'm not a VSG patient, but I have RA and like you, hoping for symptom improvement and remission would be absolutely amazing. There's a few others on here with RA scattered around on here. There's a few threads about RA and weight loss if you search the topic in the search tool. I did have lap band previously and I can tell you that symptoms did improve markedly as I lost weight with that surgery. I'm hoping for more improvement with revision to RNY soon.

Best wishes on your journey!

On 5/27/2022 at 8:50 PM, Desafio said:

On 5/27/2022 at 8:50 PM, Desafio said:

Thank you! I wish you smooth sailing on your journey too. 😊