Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfortunately I put some weight back on and am considering revision surgery. I have it nailed down to a mini bypass in Mexico or a kind of newer procedure involving Endobariatrics in North Carolina. I am not sure what's better for me long term. It seems like the doctors are competing and trying to sell me something.

What is your current weight (your info shows you below your goal right now). I would say nevermind the doctors and their pressure or sales tactics. Have you fully researched both procedures? Which has the largest success rate? Which has the lowest complication rates? Which is more affordable (if you're out of pocket)? And there's threads here for both procedures, I think. I would reach out to folks on those and pick their brains about recovery time, pain levels, malabsorption, complications, costs, etc.

1 hour ago, BuzzVSG said:

It seems like the doctors are competing and trying to sell me something.

This does not surprise me. There is a lot of money to be made in this. And that is one of the reasons insurance won't cover it. The profit margin for the doctors is so high. Also, the failure rate is very high. Depending on the patient's motivation, it may not be a good investment.

Have you tried to go back to basics and begin again, your original surgery is still there. Just because you have gained some weight does not mean that it will not work again. You will have to go back to basics and do the Reset. I have read about it in this forum

19 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

What is your current weight (your info shows you below your goal right now). I would say nevermind the doctors and their pressure or sales tactics. Have you fully researched both procedures? Which has the largest success rate? Which has the lowest complication rates? Which is more affordable (if you're out of pocket)? And there's threads here for both procedures, I think. I would reach out to folks on those and pick their brains about recovery time, pain levels, malabsorption, complications, costs, etc.

I am at 228. I haven't updated my tickers I actually just booked the mini-bypass, I did my research and wasn't impressed with the consultation for the non surgical Endobariatric procedure. I am paying out of pocket either way.

8 hours ago, summerseeker said:

Have you tried to go back to basics and begin again, your original surgery is still there. Just because you have gained some weight does not mean that it will not work again. You will have to go back to basics and do the Reset. I have read about it in this forum

I tried the basics for about 3 weeks to a month and did not really lose anything.