Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fast food since surgery

Dont worry its nothing bad LOL. almost 6 weeks post op

Chick Fil A 8 piece grilled nuggets 130 calories, 3g of fat, 1g of carbs and 25g of Protein

Chick Fil A Diet lemonade 50 calories, 0 fat, 14g carbs (A bit high but i only drank half)

Gotta say it was delicious. Not as good as fried but still nice. I could not eat all pieces in one sitting so save the leftovers for later or tomorrow.

So far i have had 0 issues with any foods i have eaten which is nice. been almost 2 weeks since my last weigh in. Waiting for June 4th which is my monthly date i take measurements of my body and weight to see monthly differences.

Also, refried Beans or black beans and a side of taco meat from taco bell. That saved me on days running around.

And, Chipotle bowl with black beans, chicken, peppers/onions, cheese and pico with spicy tomatillo. It is A LOT though, I get 3 meals from it.

I just realized reading this thread that I have still not had fast food since my surgery. I just do not have a craving for it and everything I eat, I eat for a purpose. For example, if it gives me Protein, it is needed. But...low or no fat. If it gives me Vitamins like vegetables, I eat it. I rarely eat anything sweet and never candy. The closest I get to junk food is a 130 calorie Built Bar which is 20g of protein if I am out through lunch, it holds me off and gives me protein. That said, I miss chick fil a now that it came up in conversation

I haven’t tried those nuggets yet but heard about them and that diet lemonade is very popular. They have good salads too when you get there. I just leave off some of the extra toppings and use my own/ less dressing and they fit my calorie budget. Their southwest is good but kinda spicy post op (but their avocado ranch dressing that comes with it is loaded in calories). Also, their market salad is good and the suggested dressing with that isn’t too bad calorie wise.

I'm obsessed with the egg white and roasted red pepper bites from Starbucks as my fast food fix. My husband is in love with the Spinach and Feta wrap they have there. I really wish other fast food places would get on board with making a meal with eggs as the Protein vs. chicken or beef.

Last night, I went to a Mexican joint with my husband and I am happy to report that the scale still went down this morning. I only ate a total of about 10 chips, some guac, salsa, and 3 nachos (marinated chicken with cheese on top of 3 tortilla chips). I was satisfied and not overstuffed. I'm really enjoying this process! And as busy people, fast food is sometimes inevitable - it's nice that there ARE options!

If you happen to go there for Breakfast the egg white grill without the muffin is pretty good. W/o cheese it's 100 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 1 carb, and 18 grams of Protein. With the cheese, It's 150 calories, 6grams of fat, 1 carb, and 21 grams of protein.

30 minutes ago, LilaNicole20 said:

I'm obsessed with the egg white and roasted red pepper bites from Starbucks as my fast food fix. My husband is in love with the Spinach and Feta wrap they have there. I really wish other fast food places would get on board with making a meal with eggs as the Protein vs. chicken or beef.

Last night, I went to a Mexican joint with my husband and I am happy to report that the scale still went down this morning. I only ate a total of about 10 chips, some guac, salsa, and 3 nachos (marinated chicken with cheese on top of 3 tortilla chips). I was satisfied and not overstuffed. I'm really enjoying this process! And as busy people, fast food is sometimes inevitable - it's nice that there ARE options!

I love Mexican food and for me is it easy to find healthier options. I have only went once since surgery though.

I'd just like to say that I love our heights on this post! Tall women ❤️

4 hours ago, LilaNicole20 said:

I'd just like to say that I love our heights on this post! Tall women ❤️

LMAO. I am soooo short haha

OMG you are so lucky !! 😪 I am about 5 1/2 weeks and can't eat anything. I have been trying different foods chicken hurts, ground beef is ok, fruits hurt everything doesn't feel good. I basically just have yogurt and crackers plus I can only take tiny bites and then my stomach starts making these weird noises and it feels uncomfortable. I cant wait to have fast food lol or just eat like a normal person again

OMG you are so lucky !! [emoji25] I am about 5 1/2 weeks and can't eat anything. I have been trying different foods chicken hurts, ground beef is ok, fruits hurt everything doesn't feel good. I basically just have yogurt and crackers plus I can only take tiny bites and then my stomach starts making these weird noises and it feels uncomfortable. I cant wait to have fast food lol or just eat like a normal person again

Every time I eat the weird noise come idk how long that post to last

Sent from my SM-A136U using BariatricPal mobile app