Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Embarrassing moments?!

I just embarrassed myself hardcore at the gym and had to share it... in the hopes someone here can relate 😆

Usually I’ll start out slow on the treadmill because it’s really difficult for me to pace myself on the elliptical. All the treadmills were taken so I decided to dive right in on the E. Set my time for 30 minutes and *thought* I was pacing myself pretty well with the Water. At minute 26, I started to feel a little queasy so I stepped off to center myself and walk it off.

Then came the gagging. All I could think was WIPE DOWN YOUR MACHINE AND ESCAPE. Had a few false starts, thought I might be ok, then all the water I had drank in the past hour or so exited my body, luckily into a trash can. Not gonna lie, i felt immediate relief UNTIL I turned around and there was an older woman standing behind me with the most disgusted look on her face (can’t say I blame her.) I gathered myself, wiped down the machine, and made my way out. She was talking to a friend as I walked by so of course I have to assume she was telling her about my very private moment with the bin.

Going back tomorrow fully disguised in a shirt that says “just had surgery, might barf” or something.

Anyone else had gym/public fitness mishaps? Please tell me I’m not the only one 😂

I wish you would have told her “if you don’t vomit you’re not working out hard enough!”

Oh no. See this is why I don’t go to the gym (I’ll use any excuse not too😁).

Wonder if you had a drop in your sugar - hypoglycaemia. My worst attacks come after I’ve been exercising (another reason I avoid it). Cold sweats, muscle weakness, feel like I’m going to vomit or have diarrhoea, tremors, light headed, etc. I try to remember to take an electrolyte drink with me not just plain Water.

I feel you. Worst attack I had was after a bush walk up a mountain ending at a coffee shop. Friend nabbed a table outside while I went in to order & I had an hypoglycaemic episode. I was bent over with my butt against the display cabinet to prop me up, covered in sweat, white as a ghost, shaking. Asked the girl at the counter for some juice. She pointed to a fridge that seemed a mile away. All the other customers had literally stepped way back & were all staring at me. I think they thought I had Covid & no one was willing to help. All the girl at the counter wanted was my money to pay for our order. 🙄 I dragged myself to the bathroom. Never going there again.

Edited by Arabesque