Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am week 2 of phase 3, I have had a turkey sausage patty, I didn’t purée it but rather chewed it into nothingness….I have only eaten 2 in the past 2 days but now I am worried….also had imitation crab meat and chewed and chewed it as well…I have felt fine after eating both but now I am thinking maybe I am rushing too much, read something about blockages….thoughts??

I’m going to go back to tuna and canned chicken instead, i can blend those easily and tolerate the taste.

You are very early in your recovery. Take it easy and try not to rush things. You will get to where you want to be soon enough. Your poor cut stomach needs to heal and your food is designed to pass through it quickly.

agree with summerseeker. Stick to your clinic's plan. It's there for a reason.

I remember being in such a rush to get through the stages but with the wisdom of hindsight they're in place for a reason. I loved the pureed phase after all the fluids and I had some really tasty family dinners put through a blender. I'm sure you'll have done no harm using your teeth as your blender but it might be best to wait till your programme permits it. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do really well :99_muscle:

Edited by Spinoza
random word!

I love the no rush vibes though isn’t phase 3 the regular food phase?

Make the blender your friend. Use gravy, broth, mayo, etc. to keep the purée moist & easier to blend. Purées should be smooth & pretty sloppy - at the least dollop off a spoon like the texture of yoghurt.

Take your time. The stages are there to support & not stress your healing tummy.

On 5/24/2022 at 10:22 PM, FarfelDiego said:

I love the no rush vibes though isn’t phase 3 the regular food phase?

depends. Every surgeon seems to have different stages post surgery. Stage 3 for me in a few weeks is adding veggies, dairy, and non pureed soft meats like regular chicken, all seafood like shrimp and clams etc. My stage 4 isnt until 6 months after surgery when I can reintroduce complex carbs,

I am midway though week 3 post op on purée and going onto soft food that can be cut with a fork next week. The past week I have been having yoghurt, puréed fruits, soft cheeses, super mashed tuna and avocado, and other dips, scrambled egg. I have been away with friends down south for last 3 days though and I have had the odd bite of mushroom, slow cooked lamb rib meat, waygu steak, some soft fish and squid, and a bite of chicken but I chewed every piece until it was almost a paste before I swallowed and I feel worried too.. You’re not alone. I can’t get in more than about 4 teaspoons worth of food in at any given time. Still having optifast/protein shakes, Soups, high Protein up n’ go’s and Water as well as puréed as it’s sometimes easier. I feel ok as I’m not eating past that full feeling but now we are home again I’m sticking with 100% purée until I can start on soft foods next week. I think it’s probably normal to make these little mistakes here and there but I think if you’ve been conscious around how much you’ve chewed these types of things before you swallow it, you should be ok. Just reset and try to always tell yourself to stop when you get the feeling you have had enough.

Edited by Nik77

I tried that for a bit until I tried it w chicken that was a bit too dry & it felt like a rock going down & i immediately went back to real purees. I personally loved blending rotisserie chicken w low sodium black Beans & a little bit of broth. Then sprinkled cheese on top! Its easy when the food is yummy. Good luck! 🤞🏻