Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June surgeries? Tell me your preparations

1 hour ago, FutureSylph said:

These. Great for people who haven't learned what 2 (4, 6, etc.) ounces looks like, pretty much useless thereafter.

cups.PNG

I am very glad for your post, I almost grab a box at Sam's Club yesterday, but I thought 2,500 was excessive. I am going to keep looking at bento boxes. Again Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Desafio said:

I am very glad for your post, I almost grab a box at Sam's Club yesterday, but I thought 2,500 was excessive. I am going to keep looking at bento boxes. Again Thanks!

If you really want them you can get 100 or 200 on Amazon for a reasonable price. They also have washable containers in a lot of the same sizes.

2 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

If you really want them you can get 100 or 200 on Amazon for a reasonable price. They also have washable containers in a lot of the same sizes.

thanks for the tip :)

4 hours ago, FutureSylph said:

Great idea! I've given a bunch to other nervous pre-oppers at my WLS center, and I'll throw the rest in my luggage when I go visit my own grandchildren.

Just thought about it, You also may want to save a few for yourself for Salad Dressing if you plan to eat salads out. I have found that the dressings in restaurants are mostly high calorie so I bring my own with me when I can. One serving or Two tablespoons is one ounce which is about the size of the little paper cups they give you for ketsup some places that have the dispensers out for you to use. I admit I use two ounces but it’s yogurt dressing so it’s still only 100 calories. I just ordered the one ounce cups and didn’t realize how tiny they are until I got them. Goes to show I have been underestimating calories for my salad dressing for a long time.

So many people have warned me against clothing shopping but umm if I can't eat I shop lol. Also Torrid had some amazing sells. Beside the first 2 dresses I can wear right after surgery and as I lose weight I can wear them with a belt.

ImageImageImageImageOpen photo

On 05/26/2022 at 21:47, Sunshine Princess said:

I did the following before my pre op officially started:

1. Found a brand of Protein Shakes i liked-my recommendation is Premier Protein. The chocolate Peanut Butter is amazing

2. Found a water bottle that i liked and had markings as to how much i needed to drink each hour

3. Practiced sipping Water instead of gulping

4. Stocked up on sugar free popsicles. Jello, Gatorade zero flavors that i like

5. Practiced chewing food

Thank you for the Premier PB shake suggestion. I found it yesterday in Lowe’s Foods and I bought 3. My husband is going back today for more. It is the first Premier flavor I like.
Thank you again.😊

I’m doing everything my surgeon’s practice told me to, AND I’m being nice to me. 😊
I have a post about ‘that’ in the June surgery topic.
Yesterday I was online shopping and I bought a gorgeous $$$sweater for me that hopefully will fit by the holidays. It was marked down from its prohibitive cost so I grabbed it in the only size they had. It’s a size 10 and I think that in 6 months, if not sooner, I’ll be able to wear it. And gorgeous black velvet ballet slippers.
I bought skin care products (which are my weakness).
At home and at school, if anyone around me starts to sound contentious with another person, I leave immediately. I don’t want to be around the stress or tension.
My husband is ALWAYS talking about food and what he has prepared for dinner. He may not do that around me. He knows that he does this and he understands why he can’t do it now.
I am truly being somewhat introspective, selfish and self-protective. My husband is always that way to me…very protective. I am never that way to myself, but I am being that way now. With the two of us being that way about me, I’m doing my best to be calm, positive, and focused.
Trust me, if I lose my 💩, it’s not going to be pretty. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Good luck with your surgery.😊

Hello. I’m new to this app. My surgery is coming up on June 13th and I’m absolutely nervous and excited at the same time. I been doing the prep op that my doctor wants me on. Replace two of my meals with a Protein Shake. 2 Snacks and the 1 meal. It’s been a journey and hard to be on this prep op diet plan but I’m doing it and counting down my days for surgery.

3 minutes ago, jumers520 said:

Hello. I’m new to this app. My surgery is coming up on June 13th and I’m absolutely nervous and excited at the same time. I been doing the prep op that my doctor wants me on. Replace two of my meals with a Protein Shake. 2 Snacks and the 1 meal. It’s been a journey and hard to be on this prep op diet plan but I’m doing it and counting down my days for surgery.

We are surgery buddies! My surgery is also on June 13 and my Dr actually has me on the exact same pre op plan. He has me on it for 3wks.

My surgery is 6/22. I started a three week liquid diet yesterday with the only exception being a vegetable Soup that I can eat if I follow their recipe. My surgery team recommends stoking up on the first week or two liquids before surgery in case you don't feel up to shopping during that time. I have a few items, but I'll need to get more.

Before my pre-op diet started, I started eating very similarly to how I would need to eat once I return to full food after surgery. I did end up losing 28 pounds over five weeks doing that.

Hi!
I am schedule for surgery on 6/6. I am on day 4th of liquid diet. I did a trial last week to see how hard it was going to be. Last week was a mess, hunger pains, mood swing and being very tired. This week has been tolerable, still have hunger pains, but I have schedule going.
Surgery buddy! I'm scheduled for the 6th, too!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using BariatricPal mobile app

44 minutes ago, missgiggles127 said:

Surgery buddy! I'm scheduled for the 6th, too!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using BariatricPal mobile app

I just received a call from the anesthesiologist and was giving a surgery time 💃

June 13th is my surgery. It’s been hard doing the pre op diet but I’m doing it. One meal a day and the other two meals are a shake. I can also have 2 Snacks. My main issue is chewing very slow. That is hard to do. 10 more days to go. I was reading that someone is doing the liquid diet? What is that about?

29 minutes ago, jumers520 said:

June 13th is my surgery. It’s been hard doing the pre op diet but I’m doing it. One meal a day and the other two meals are a shake. I can also have 2 Snacks. My main issue is chewing very slow. That is hard to do. 10 more days to go. I was reading that someone is doing the liquid diet? What is that about?

My diet is 100% liquid other than a handful of vegetables that I can makes as a Soup. It is also three weeks long. At this point, I think I’m going to just do four to five shakes a day and a soup like egg drop or miso.

On 05/26/2022 at 16:48, Desafio said:

Hi!

I am schedule for surgery on 6/6. I am on day 4th of liquid diet. I did a trial last week to see how hard it was going to be. Last week was a mess, hunger pains, mood swing and being very tired. This week has been tolerable, still have hunger pains, but I have schedule going. 😀

If you don’t mind me asking what is the liquid diet? ???