Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months post op breakfast ideas

I am sick of eating eggs for Breakfast. I need other ideas. The thought of eggs is making me nauseous. 😳🥴😢

I still have a shake for breakfast every day. I drink the caffe latte by premiere Protein and it has caffeine in it so it’s like really having a latte.

I liked Protein Shakes at that stage. Premier was a favorite, although I also liked to mixed unflavored Protein in my coffee or make a green smoothie. My favorite is spinach, blueberry and pineapple with unflavored protein and collagen.

I am also a fan of Oikos triple zero greek yogurt. Depending on where you are with healing, you may consider adding a little granola.

In fact, those two plus eggs are still pretty much what I have for breakfast even now.

I've never been a breakfast eater and (despite my dietician pushing me) I'm still not. I am a fan of greek yoghurt or kefir first when I do eat at around midday. Usually with some berries. But sometimes I just go straight to early lunch, which is e.g. a protein-y Soup or chicken salad. I'm almost 6 months post op now but I've been doing this pretty much since I started proper solid food. I do love eggs too but I can see how they get samey. What about omelettes - infinite variations on a theme, you can top with almost anything!

Oh - porridge! How could I forget? Porridge with fruit is my absolute go-to when all other ideas fail me. Whatever time of day. :D

I’m not an egg person either. Before surgery, my breakfasts would be one of the following:
1. Green yogurt with a little extra Protein Powder
2. Cottage cheese w/ bits of avocado
3. Sliced avocado and a small Turkey sausage patty
4. Spinach, butternut squash, and some ground Turkey mixed together
5. Apple slices and string cheese
6. Slices of Tomato topped with Greek yogurt (plain), dill, and bits of bacon

I have 6-8oz of unsweetened soy milk and 1 scoop of Gold Standard whey Protein powder. That equates to 31g of protein and around 200 calories. It's a lot for my daily limit but it boosts my protein recommendation of 7-100g. The double rich chocolate flavor with a little cinnamon has yet to get old!