Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’ve been doing really well… until last night. My right side is suddenly so painful, but only when standing and walking. It’s so bad that I don’t know if I can even manage to shower tonight. I have this persistent heaviness and tugging sensation, and while I understand why, it’s quite painful. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Yes. This is me now. I called my surgery center and they told me my pain sounded like the internal stitch being an a hole. It literally knocks me down and feels like I’m being stabbed to death. I was in the shower today wishing I had a shower chair because I was in so much pain and out of breath.

It’s not just you. *virtual hug

My nurse more or less told me the same this morning. It is quite honestly the worst pain I’ve ever felt! I broke down crying in the shower tonight and for the first time in my adult life, I had to have someone bathe me. Beyond grateful for my other half always, but especially right now. It’s reassuring to know someone else is experiencing the same thing, but I also hate that you’re experiencing the same thing and suffering along with me. Sending big hugs right back to you! Please keep me posted on how you’re doing. xx

Me and this!!!! I was JUST dealing with this. There's really nothing to do except ride it out. I still had pain meds left, so I took one that day and didn't do my normal walk. I was ok the next day. But it would come and go for like 3 days or something. I normally only took Tylenol for pain, but on the days I was dealing with this, I did take my pain meds from the doctor.

I’m so sorry you’ve experienced this too!It’s truly awful! Today is day 3 and I’m sad to say no relief in sight. I cannot even walk without starting to sweat and borderline cry. And I have a high pain tolerance - several of my doctors have even referred to me as stoic during a few minor in-office procedures. In any event, I’m just trying to march in place to get some movement in. It sounds as though you’re “on the other side” of this nightmare and I’m genuinely happy for you. xx

How are you gals doing? I’m now on day 3 of this pain with no end in sight. I’m becoming increasingly fearful that I may need help some form of help getting to my 1st follow up appointment on Tuesday. Ugh. @redhead_che please tell me your pain has subsided 🤞🏻

It has at times yes! I now go probably 80% of the day without it but at night it likes to rear it’s ugliness and start stabbing me again. My staples come out tomorrow so I’ll be asking the physicians assistant to just ease my concerns and tell me one more time it’s normal 😞 I’m so sorry yours hasn’t eased up!

Yay!!!! So happy to hear yours has eased up! That is amazing. I thought maybe I was just a tad better today, but after my forcing myself to stand for a short bit today, it would appear I’ve pissed off my stomach 😉 Good luck on your visit tomorrow! I know you must be excited!!

Mine is completely better, but it took a solid week before I was good.

@redhead_che what staples do you have? Was your surgery laparoscopic?

On 05/16/2022 at 00:19, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Mine is completely better, but it took a solid week before I was good.

@redhead_che what staples do you have? Was your surgery laparoscopic?

It was indeed laparoscopic. That’s the standard here. I have 6 incisions with either 2-5 staples. The incision the drain was in has 5 and is the most irritating. 🤷🏼‍♀️But today they get cut out and I am a free woman! ….or so I want to believe 🤣 it should help with some flexibility and comfort at least.