Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Extended arm lift, breast lift (with replacement of implants) scheduled!

Well, I've officially scheduled an extended arm lift as well as breast lift with replacement of my implants (going down from DD to C) at the end of July. This is likely step 1 as at some point I think I'll want a Tummy Tuck and maybe thigh lift, but my arms bug me the most, and my chest just feels out of sync with the rest of my body now that I'm down (not to mention they have a TON of extra skin).

Very excited but also very nervous!

For those that had these surgeries, recommendations? I know I'll need a couple good garments that cover me from elbow to waist but open to additional feedback too!

Lori

This was my favorite arm compression garment. So comfy! I started with a medium, but as swelling went down ended up ordering a small.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07B59QGY3?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

So had an arm lift, breast lift and Tummy Tuck in one shot.

Specifically speaking to the arm and breast lift recovery, some tips based on MY experience:

1) it gets ITCHY. I found that wearing the compression stuff (tighter the better) helped to minimize (or eliminate) the itch.

2) when cleared for showers, bring a little stool to sit on to wash your hair. I found it painful (and exhausting!) to try to get my arms up/lower my head to lather up. I actually had Mr. come in the shower with me the first couple times cuz the effort of doing it myself made me feel woozy.

3) speaking of stools, i had one in the kitchen to reach stuff in the cupboards. Reaching hurt!

4) Don’t be a hero. If it hurts, take your pain meds. And keep in mind pain meds constipate you, so ensure you are taking whatever you need to keep regular. I was constipated for a mind-numbing 13 days. *shudder*. I had not-so-fondly referred to these dark days as “Poop Watch 2019”. And when i finally went, it was not the greatest experience *double shudder*

5) Listen to your doc regarding going back to normal activities. I didn’t, and i busted open many a stitches and basically extended my healing time by a couple of MONTHS.

6) speaking of busting open stitches, the areas that kept opening up (all my own fault) where (a) the T-junction where the incisions met up of the underboob and the the vertical line going down from the nipple. (b) the armpit and (c) the side boob incision on the flanks. I suspect because these areas got the most movement and rubbing (and again because i was doing too much too soon)

7) silicone tape is your friend. Not only does it help to heal scars, but it also helps to keep the itch at bay.

With all all that said, i would do it all again in a heartbeat (making better choices about moving of course) cuz i am thoroughly pleased with the results.

Unexpectedly, my breast lift results became my fave of the 3 i got (and it was initially not high priority on my list). The ability to go bra-less and still remain perky AND comfortable was a need i never knew i had until afterwards lolozzz.

Good luck! Cant wait to see ur results (if u are willing to share) ❤️

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

So had an arm lift, breast lift and Tummy Tuck in one shot.

Specifically speaking to the arm and breast lift recovery, some tips based on MY experience:

1) it gets ITCHY. I found that wearing the compression stuff (tighter the better) helped to minimize (or eliminate) the itch.

2) when cleared for showers, bring a little stool to sit on to wash your hair. I found it painful (and exhausting!) to try to get my arms up/lower my head to lather up. I actually had Mr. come in the shower with me the first couple times cuz the effort of doing it myself made me feel woozy.

3) speaking of stools, i had one in the kitchen to reach stuff in the cupboards. Reaching hurt!

4) Don’t be a hero. If it hurts, take your pain meds. And keep in mind pain meds constipate you, so ensure you are taking whatever you need to keep regular. I was constipated for a mind-numbing 13 days. *shudder*. I had not-so-fondly referred to these dark days as “Poop Watch 2019”. And when i finally went, it was not the greatest experience *double shudder*

5) Listen to your doc regarding going back to normal activities. I didn’t, and i busted open many a stitches and basically extended my healing time by a couple of MONTHS.

6) speaking of busting open stitches, the areas that kept opening up (all my own fault) where (a) the T-junction where the incisions met up of the underboob and the the vertical line going down from the nipple. (b) the armpit and (c) the side boob incision on the flanks. I suspect because these areas got the most movement and rubbing (and again because i was doing too much too soon)

7) silicone tape is your friend. Not only does it help to heal scars, but it also helps to keep the itch at bay.

With all all that said, i would do it all again in a heartbeat (making better choices about moving of course) cuz i am thoroughly pleased with the results.

Unexpectedly, my breast lift results became my fave of the 3 i got (and it was initially not high priority on my list). The ability to go bra-less and still remain perky AND comfortable was a need i never knew i had until afterwards lolozzz.

Good luck! Cant wait to see ur results (if u are willing to share) ❤️

Thank you so much for all the great advice! I live alone so I am worried about trying to do much. I'm trying to find someone to stay for the first couple days, and my plan is to have at least a week worth of meals cooked and in the fridge. I'll also have someone come in to walk the dog for the first week or two (fortunately I have a backyard so it's just for exercise). I will move a small step stool into the kitchen and invest in a shower stool ( and probably use dry Shampoo for the first couple of days at least).

And yes, I'll share pictures when I get closer :)

For the arm compression garments, it looks like it is sized based on your ribcage, not your arm diameter. Am I seeing that right? Did you have any issue with it being too tight or too loose?

3 hours ago, loridee11 said:

For the arm compression garments, it looks like it is sized based on your ribcage, not your arm diameter. Am I seeing that right? Did you have any issue with it being too tight or too loose?

i bought mine from Amazon and ordered x-small.

it was not snug enough on the arms and probably on the rib cage as well, but that part didn't matter to me cuz i had a sports bra I wore over it anyway.

I got it altered (thanks mom! lol), by making the sleeves tighter and it worked for me..

17 hours ago, ms.sss said:

i bought mine from Amazon and ordered x-small.

it was not snug enough on the arms and probably on the rib cage as well, but that part didn't matter to me cuz i had a sports bra I wore over it anyway.

I got it altered (thanks mom! lol), by making the sleeves tighter and it worked for me..

Hmmm, I can order for the ribcage, but would have no idea how to adjust the arms :( I guess I'll order and if it doesn't' fit send it back.

Surgery is next Friday. I'm excited and nervous... I'm trying to get ready around the house and my to do list is below. Anything I'm missing?

- Nurse will be with me for the first 24 hours

- Meal prep for 1+ weeks following surgery

- Clean house (including new sheets on bed)

- Dog walker booked

- Meds picked up and put within easy reach

- Everyday items put out on counters so I don't need to reach (in bathroom and kitchen)

- Garment and scar tape ordered

Hey, how are you doing? How did the surgery go?