Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 minutes ago, Sunshine Princess said:

I’m three days away from surgery and I’m so nauseous from Protein Shakes and broth. I’ve been doing the liver shrinking diet since May 1st and I’m just over this. I don’t even want to drink anything but Water.< /p>

You are almost there, just a few more days!

After surgery you will likely need shakes for a bit to hit your Protein goals but there are tons of different brands and flavors to try. Maybe you will find one or 2 that you really like.

YOU GOT THIS!

1 minute ago, kcuster83 said:

There is also a brand called "bitten" that has an avocado lime dressing that is delicious! They have others too but that is the only one I tried so far. It is 50cals, also very good for sauce for homemade slaw to go on fish tacos. I use mahi mahi because I am not a huge fish person.

I only like mahi too. Funny thing is I used to have to make myself eat it once a week but post surgery I like it a lot more. Sorta makes me wonder if I should try other fish again.

11 minutes ago, Sunshine Princess said:

I’m three days away from surgery and I’m so nauseous from Protein Shakes and broth. I’ve been doing the liver shrinking diet since May 1st and I’m just over this. I don’t even want to drink anything but Water.< /p>

Also, if you haven’t tried the unflavored Protein Powder you may do well with that post op since you don’t like the shakes. You can mix it in anything. Not Water though. It does have a taste - learned that the hard way.

3 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I only like mahi too. Funny thing is I used to have to make myself eat it once a week but post surgery I like it a lot more. Sorta makes me wonder if I should try other fish again.

ME TOO! Before surgery, I would kind of force myself to eat it but now there is no hesitation. I even eat leftovers for lunch. Before that would be trash.

1 minute ago, kcuster83 said:

ME TOO! Before surgery, I would kind of force myself to eat it but now there is no hesitation. I even eat leftovers for lunch. Before that would be trash.

Have you tried other fish? I wonder if they will taste less “fishy” or if I will like that “fishy” taste now.

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

Have you tried other fish? I wonder if they will taste less “fishy” or if I will like that “fishy” taste now.

I tried a bite of a friends Tilapia and didn't care for it still. It wasn't as "fishy" as I remember but the texture was too watery for me.

10 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Also, if you haven’t tried the unflavored Protein Powder you may do well with that post op since you don’t like the shakes. You can mix it in anything. Not Water though. It does have a taste - learned that the hard way.

i just ordered some from Amazon! One of my friends who had surgery last year also recommended Organi, which is plant based so I ordered that to try. I've had so many of the Premier Protein shakes that they just arent sitting well anymore.

15 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

You are almost there, just a few more days!

After surgery you will likely need shakes for a bit to hit your Protein goals but there are tons of different brands and flavors to try. Maybe you will find one or 2 that you really like.

YOU GOT THIS!

I'm more excited than anything!!!!! I think i jst burned out on the Premier Protein shakes. I bought some Protein Water from Amazon that will be delivered today.

i just ordered some from Amazon! One of my friends who had surgery last year also recommended Organi, which is plant based so I ordered that to try. I've had so many of the Premier Protein shakes that they just arent sitting well anymore.

If it’s cause they are too sweet I would still try the caffe latte (at least if nothing else works out that you have already ordered). I have suggested it to many people on here and they liked it too.

I’m on work leave and I am bored too 🤣 today I moved into the mushy stage. My diet expanded to being able to have: fat free refried Beans, low fat ricotta or cottage cheese, and eggs 🍳 I had 2tbs of beans for Breakfast and it was way better than it should have been 🤣 I was so tired of yogurt. Days 3-6 my options were yogurt, hot Cereal. I hate hot cereal. So I ate yogurt and was over it. Moving on up!

I used to LOVE premier before surgery, now they are too thick for me and gross me out. I might try adding milk or something to thin them out and try that.

6 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

If it’s cause they are too sweet I would still try the caffe latte (at least if nothing else works out that you have already ordered). I have suggested it to many people on here and they liked it too.

And added to the old Amazon cart. Thank you again for the suggestion!

5 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

I used to LOVE premier before surgery, now they are too thick for me and gross me out. I might try adding milk or something to thin them out and try that.

I'm going to try this! The viscosity is just...eww. Like it reminds me of the slime I used to have my students make when I taught science class.

5 minutes ago, redhead_che said:

I’m on work leave and I am bored too 🤣 today I moved into the mushy stage. My diet expanded to being able to have: fat free refried Beans, low fat ricotta or cottage cheese, and eggs 🍳 I had 2tbs of Beans for Breakfast and it was way better than it should have been 🤣 I was so tired of yogurt. Days 3-6 my options were yogurt, hot Cereal. I hate hot cereal. So I ate yogurt and was over it. Moving on up!

I am at work and bored. haha Spending my day messing around online. I am salary so I could leave, but the guy who works under me is out sick so if something important came up no one would be here to do it. So, as the dedicated awesome (time wasting) employee I am... here I sit.

I never cared for greek yogurt unless it is mixed in something for cooking. Honestly Danimals tubes were always my favorite. I w ould even freeze them for a snack. But now, too much sugar.. booo

I ate a lot of refried beans in my pureed stage. Also, egg salad.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine Princess said:

And added to the old Amazon cart. Thank you again for the suggestion!

They do have the 4 packs at Walmart too if you want to try them before you order a case.