Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I called my surgeon's office today and asked if it was ok to try a little bit of mushy food, just to see how my stomach handles it. They said yes, but to go slow. So I did tonight when I started to really feel hungry. I had 1 tsp of classic hummus and it was GLORIOUS!!!!!!! The taste was amazing (more intense than I remember) and best of all, NO PAIN!!!!! I stopped at 1 tsp because I didn't want to push it. And I was actually full!!!! From a teaspoon of hummus!!!! It was so cool!!!!! My head immediately went to "omg that tastes soooo goood, eat more more more!!!" but I didn't. I recognized that for what it was, and I got to have a taste and feel full, and such a small amount was all I needed. I happily put it down, and now I'm here sated, very comfortably not hungry, and so excited that my stomach isn't going to give me trouble with this next step. I'm going to stick with my shake in the morning, my Protein waters in the afternoon, but I'm definitely having hummus at night (which is when I'm the most hungry). I'll bump it up once I officially hit the 2 week mark. I want to go slow with my stomach and not push it. I just can't believe it went so well!!!!! And took such a small amount of food!!!!!!! This is so cool :D

Edited by SleeveDiva2022

Glad to hear it went so well for you!

Aw that first proper food after surgery is amazing. And you're approaching it so well - enjoy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products