Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post op and 0 lbs lost

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this? I'm not necessarily upset about the lack of weight loss, but rather concerned since I'm under 450 calories per day and drinking my 64oz Water for the most part. It just seems odd to me.

You often gain up to 10 lbs in the hospital from all the fluids they pump you full of, so it can take up to two weeks to start seeing any weight loss. You WILL lose weight - you just need to be patient. There are lots of "stalls" along your journey where you won't lose weight for a few weeks and may even gain a pound or two for a few days.

Hang in there!

Just now, lizonaplane said:

You often gain up to 10 lbs in the hospital from all the fluids they pump you full of, so it can take up to two weeks to start seeing any weight loss. You WILL lose weight - you just need to be patient. There are lots of "stalls" along your journey where you won't lose weight for a few weeks and may even gain a pound or two for a few days.

Hang in there!

Thank you. That makes perfect sense.

100% normal. Fluids from surgery, swelling, stress. It all can contribute to big swings up and down those first couple of weeks. Don't pay any attention to it. Just rest, drink your fluids, and focus on recovery for the time being. You will see the scale move in time.

100% normal. Water weight from IV fluids, swelling, or body adjusting. A lot of people gain weight. All a sudden you will drop a large amount and be like WHOA and then it will balance out. Few lbs a week until you hit stalls.

Just give it time. It is way to early to be worrying about weight. With the Water weight that they pumped into you after surgery, it will take a while to shed that and you will see the pounds fall off. Be patient...it will happen soon.

Alot of doctors recommend just staying off the scales for a while post op because the loss is so unpredictable. If you stick to your plan you will lose.

If you have a calorie deficit you will loose weight. Point blank.

Doesn't matter what you eat as long as it is less calories than you burn. Eating healthy is for other benefits, like some health problems. (Heart health) If you eat 500 calories of bacon a day, you might have a heart attack but you will still loose weight.

My nutritionist actually calculated out mine at my last appointment, including how much weight a week I would loose based on the deficit. I am eating 17,500 LESS calories a week than my body needs to maintain my current weight. I was completely shocked. As you loose weight, the gap lessons but no matter what, a deficit means weight loss.

Don't obsess, it happens if you are following the plan for sure.

Lots of people have a stall straight after their surgery. I did - took me around 10 days to start seeing losses. Please don't worry - if you hit your Protein and Fluid targets you will be fine, and you will definitely see a loss soon. Best of luck!

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this? I'm not necessarily upset about the lack of weight loss, but rather concerned since I'm under 450 calories per day and drinking my 64oz Water for the most part. It just seems odd to me.

I went to the 1 week post-op appointment and actually gained 10lb the dr said it was normal Fluid air and stuff but by the next appointment I was down 25 from original number. So I think it'll catch up for you

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app