Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been overweight since puberty. Starved to lose weight to be a normal teenage girl. i walked and jogged and starved.

Had two boys by 23 yrs old. Gallbladder removed at 23 years old. Gained weight afterward. Divorces and lifes ups and downs along with the scale. Ate Atkins/Keto for seven years. Fell off and back on occasionally. Went from 236 in 2013 to 184 in 2015. Moved to NC and lost to 179 after Covid. Put that back on and then some. Hysterosalpingo-oophorectomy 2004. No hormone replacement therapy due to family hx. of ca. Struggle with Keto last seven years. Cannot eat "normal" without gaining weight. So sick of struggling. Hope that this surgery will be a great tool to get back to my "fighting weight" of 135. I am 5'2 3/4"

I now have fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis, UCTD, sleep Apnea, high cholesterol, and occasional high bp and inflammation in my hands, legs, etc..

Its time to get healthy again. If any of you are approximately 200lb or any weight for that matter, I would love to pen pal.

I have pre-op jitters. Scared the closer May 24th approaches. I want this but the rest of my life with this WOE scares me so much. I have a really good appetite and I am afraid of failure.

Edited by okinc10

It sounds like you are similar to me. I didn’t eat a lot of junk food or anything. I just ate a lot, period. I have to admit now that the hunger hormones are back this has been a challenge with the sleeve because you technically can eat a small amount and then eat again on an hour if you want to. Thing is, now that I have lost the weight I am committed to staying this size and that somehow gives me the willpower to not just eat to eat like I used to. In the beginning it’s easier cause most of us lose the hunger hormone so you can lose the weight.

Don’t get me wrong I am a junk food aholic but I’ve learned my body hates it so I try to keep from cheating my whole life. I fall off and get right back on but the damage is done

4 minutes ago, okinc10 said:

Don’t get me wrong I am a junk food aholic but I’ve learned my body hates it so I try to keep from cheating my whole life. I fall off and get right back on but the damage is done

That describes many of us who get this surgery. Have you worked out whether you have any disordered eating? I still struggle with boredom and emotional eating and those things are tough. I can’t find a therapist that specializes in it in my area but if do have any issues it’s best to sort those out pre up.

I am definitely an emotional or anxiety or happy celebrating Eater so whenever yeah. I’ve talked about it with my psych np I had the gene sight test done there also get results tomorrow! Will be relieved to find out if they can tell what’s best for me instead of guessing

45 minutes ago, okinc10 said:

I am definitely an emotional or anxiety or happy celebrating Eater so whenever yeah. I’ve talked about it with my psych np I had the gene sight test done there also get results tomorrow! Will be relieved to find out if they can tell what’s best for me instead of guessing

What is gene sight test?

It’s to find out exactly what medication would work for your genes. Anxiety med etc.

3 minutes ago, okinc10 said:

It’s to find out exactly what medication would work for your genes. Anxiety med etc.

Ooh that’s cool.

I definitely eat out of boredom the most. I literally go to the fridge mindlessly and grab things. I sometimes get to the table with it and then get up and put it away cause I know I am not really hungry I just want something. It’s weird how some people do that but others like my husband actually dread having to eat. He thinks it’s a chore. For me I guess it’s almost fun (something to do).

It’s a lifelong battle isn’t it? Just being mindful is hard

1 minute ago, okinc10 said:

It’s a lifelong battle isn’t it? Just being mindful is hard

It really is. A lot of people on here have benefitted from seeing a bariatric therapist for similar issues. I just don’t have any near me. I am managing though it’s just not easy.