Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

testing out what and how much i can eat 3 weeks post op. 4oz piece of trout, Asparagus and a few slivers of onion. I ate half the fish, most of the asparagus and the onions and i was full. that was at 5pm and its 9pm and i am still full. I am liking this. before this meal would not even satisfy me

IMG_6615.JPG

That looks delicious! Good job recognizing being full and stopping rather than just cleaning the plate!

I love eating fish now and have been eating it regularly since the surgery. I get the pre-portioned 4 oz cuts frozen from BJ's, and have done salmon, pacific cod, and australian sea bass. Sea bass is the best. I can't cook so I actually make it in an electric pressure cooker with teriyaki sauce as the liquid base, and I have 3 oz of corn as my vegetable.

8 minutes ago, Tufflaw said:

That looks delicious! Good job recognizing being full and stopping rather than just cleaning the plate!

I love eating fish now and have been eating it regularly since the surgery. I get the pre-portioned 4 oz cuts frozen from BJ's, and have done salmon, pacific cod, and australian sea bass. Sea bass is the best. I can't cook so I actually make it in an electric pressure cooker with teriyaki sauce as the liquid base, and I have 3 oz of corn as my vegetable.

That is exactly where i get my fish at BJ's. The frozen packs of Sockeye Salmon are my favorite and in the fresh food bin they have steelhead trout which taste just like salmon lol. I use a nuwave infrared cooker to cook everything. I have for soooo many years. I love this thing. I need to buy another to keep as back up lol

s-l640.jpg

I have that Nuwave! I've also had it for years, bought it replace the Flavorwave which I had many years before.

When you're doing the frozen sockeye (that's what I'm in the middle of right now) how do you prepare it in the Nuwave? Do you thaw it out first?

Just now, Tufflaw said:

I have that Nuwave! I've also had it for years, bought it replace the Flavorwave which I had many years before.

When you're doing the frozen sockeye (that's what I'm in the middle of right now) how do you prepare it in the Nuwave? Do you thaw it out first?

Yes i either thaw it overnight in the fridge or place the fish in a bowl of cold Water. It defrost in about 20 minutes. Then i coat it with olive oil then season it. 5 minutes on each side.

Do you use the grill on the 4" or 1" setting? Also do you use the regular high power level, so just put it in and hit cook time -> 5 -> start? Finally what seasoning do you use? I'm thinking of mixing it up a bit so might try this.

When I use the pressure cooker, I put the fish skin side down on the bottom of the pot, pour on some teriyaki sauce, and that's it. I usually do 5 or 6 minutes total with quick release at the end and it's great, no additional sauce or seasoning.

1 minute ago, Tufflaw said:

Do you use the grill on the 4" or 1" setting? Also do you use the regular high power level, so just put it in and hit cook time -> 5 -> start? Finally what seasoning do you use? I'm thinking of mixing it up a bit so might try this.

When I use the pressure cooker, I put the fish skin side down on the bottom of the pot, pour on some teriyaki sauce, and that's it. I usually do 5 or 6 minutes total with quick release at the end and it's great, no additional sauce or seasoning.

I have the grill standing up so i guess thats 4". I just use regular high power and i just press exactly that cook, 5 and start. I use Smoked Paprika and Old Bay Garlic seasoning

I'll give that a try this week and see how it comes out. I just saw a youtube video where someone made frozen salmon right out of the freezer using a nuwave and they basically just brushed on some olive oil and Mrs. Dash and then cooked it for 25 minutes straight, Since I don't think ahead to what I want for dinner usually I might just do that :) I'll probably try both ways to see if there's a difference or if I'll just keep going with the pressure cooker. Thanks for the suggestions!

4 hours ago, liveaboard15 said:

testing out what and how much i can eat 3 weeks post op. 4oz piece of trout, Asparagus and a few slivers of onion. I ate half the fish, most of the asparagus and the onions and i was full. that was at 5pm and its 9pm and i am still full. I am liking this. before this meal would not even satisfy me

IMG_6615.JPG

Wouldn't this be a meal for when you move to solids? I'm surprised your stomach will let you have it 3 weeks out. I can't even take my pills without being miserable for half the day.

That is a very pretty piece of trout.

4 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Wouldn't this be a meal for when you move to solids? I'm surprised your stomach will let you have it 3 weeks out. I can't even take my pills without being miserable for half the day.

So according to my nutritionist and the paperwork i got. This is considered soft foods. The paperwork says Baked or grilled fish, veggies. are good to go. So far no issues at all eating. I saw your post about your pill issue. that sucks. I never had that problem i could take any pill right out of the hospital. I do hope you start to do better.

6 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

My thoughts exactly

I am new to this feed I’ve been enjoying all the comments support suggestions and recommendations.

My goal is revision from the lap band to the sleeve my final visit with the nutritionist is the 20th of this month and then I have a few more labs in the tube that has to go down my throat I’m a little nervous about that as I was told I have to be put to sleep has anyone else experienced this?

4 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

My thoughts exactly

goes to show how different all these surgeons are lol