Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so here's some SUPER flattering pics lol

Had my surgery Tuesday May 3rd. Top pic is pre-op, 2nd pic is post op (see a difference in mood there? lol), 3rd pic are my incisions (the largest one is the one that hurts the most), last pic is of my arm after a few blood thinner shots (and yes, it is painful).

Pre op.jpg

Post op.jpg

My incisions.jpg

My arm after blood thinner shots.jpg

WOW! You poor thing. Certainly there is a different mood happening in the second picture. Hope you are truly on the mend now and that pills are easier to get down. How is your pain now? My op is not until Monday. It's Friday afternoon here and I need to isolate over the weekend. I have been rushing around to get things sorted as I live on my own. It is cold outside. Feeling the calm now. Time for some good stuff on Nexflix.

I noticed the pressure cuffs (?) to prevent clots in your legs. Here (Oz) they have stockings that get rolled up from the feet. Thing is they never stay on my calves cos they always roll themselves back down. 😁

Be well and breathe. :)

Edited by Possum220
Adding info.

yea my largest incision still hurts almost 3 weeks post op. The rest are fine. as for the blood thinner shots. before surgery i got it in my arm. Didnt even feel it and left no bruising. After surgery i got them in my stomach. still didnt hurt but left a smaller bruise

@SleeveDiva2022,

From my perception of the tone of your post, you sound like you are taking it in stride (however miserable you are/were) and are more or leas easy going about this all.

So im gonna go out on a limb here and assume you wont get offended…but when i scrolled through your before and after pics I totally laughed out loud, omg (im still smiling now as i type this): You basically captured in 2 pics exactly how i felt on surgery day!

You will be glad you took you took these pics later when you lose a bunch of weight.

Can you like re-create these pics (with the same facial expressions and positioning) as you lose weight??? You could make a photobook.

I LOVE it.

Good luck! ❤️

P.S. hope you feel even better soon, and if that painful incision starts to feel hot or has starts to weep, pls get it looked at. ❤️

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

@SleeveDiva2022,

From my perception of the tone of your post, you sound like you are taking it in stride (however miserable you are/were) and are more or leas easy going about this all.

So im gonna go out on a limb here and assume you wont get offended…but when i scrolled through your before and after pics I totally laughed out loud, omg (im still smiling now as i type this): You basically captured in 2 pics exactly how i felt on surgery day!

You will be glad you took you took these pics later when you lose a bunch of weight.

Can you like re-create these pics (with the same facial expressions and positioning) as you lose weight??? You could make a photobook.

I LOVE it.

Good luck! ❤️

P.S. hope you feel even better soon, and if that painful incision starts to feel hot or has starts to weep, pls get it looked at. ❤️

LOL absolutely not offended at all. I have been watching that larger incision closely. So far so good, it just hurts. Along with the muscle below it. With my gas pain almost completely gone, majority of my pain comes from that incision and muscle. I might actually recreate those pics LOL I never thought of that. But doing it every 6 months would be so funny!!!

9 hours ago, Possum220 said:

WOW! You poor thing. Certainly there is a different mood happening in the second picture. Hope you are truly on the mend now and that pills are easier to get down. How is your pain now? My op is not until Monday. It's Friday afternoon here and I need to isolate over the weekend. I have been rushing around to get things sorted as I live on my own. It is cold outside. Feeling the calm now. Time for some good stuff on Nexflix.

I noticed the pressure cuffs (?) to prevent clots in your legs. Here (Oz) they have stockings that get rolled up from the feet. Thing is they never stay on my calves cos they always roll themselves back down. 😁

Be well and breathe. :)

pills are still a problem, although with warm brother they're getting a little easier. The hospital I was at uses both compression socks and compression cuffs. Just depends what the surgeon prefers. I liked the cuffs way better.

Man those bruises look just awful. How much longer do you have to do those shots? Maybe if your tummy starts to feel better you should try them there? With the nurse suggesting them there and someone else saying theirs didn’t hurt too bad maybe it really is better to do them in that location. So Glad to hear the pills are going down better with the warm broth. I never would have thought of trying that. Hope you feel like you did in that first pic real soon.

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

Man those bruises look just awful. How much longer do you have to do those shots? Maybe if your tummy starts to feel better you should try them there? With the nurse suggesting them there and someone else saying theirs didn’t hurt too bad maybe it really is better to do them in that location. So Glad to hear the pills are going down better with the warm broth. I never would have thought of trying that. Hope you feel like you did in that first pic real soon.

I have to do them 2x a day for 10 days. We're doing my other arm now. Once that becomes too sore/bruised, I may have to think about my stomach. Right now, no. Too much going on there and hurts a lot still.

I'm not super familiar with sleeve surgeries but I suspect the larger incision is where the surgeon pulled the discarded part of the stomach out, resulting in pressure and manipulating the tissues around it. I bet that's why it's more painful than the others.

I suspect this time next week you will feel so much better.

Happy healing! 🤗

These pictures were all of my expressions after surgery. My stomach looks like i went a few rounds with a boxer and obviously lost. My husband wants to get paint samples to match the blue-purple bruises for our bedroom since we’re looking for a darker color 🤣