Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

On 08/19/2022 at 19:28, Sunnyer said:






That sounds like a sensible approach. My drs program allows me to count half of the liquid in Protein Drinks as Water, but since I can't really get them down, it makes little difference.




What kind of food are you eating during the puree stage? I'm supposed to start the puree stage next week, and not really sure what to do. I'm not meeting anyone at the clinic before the puree stage starts and the written program is a bit vague about this stage.


I’m not to my purée yet (next Wednesday) but my guidelines were anything that was the consistency similar to (not chunky) applesauce, babyfood or mashed potatoes.

That includes meats, Beans (like refried beans), cooked vegetables, eggs only if ground smooth.

If it’s possible to call to email your dietitian and run some ideas past them - that might be better than just guessing.

I’m starting with things that are specifically listed in my guide and then I will branch out from there depending on what I can tolerate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, LookingForward22 said:

I’m not to my purée yet (next Wednesday) but my guidelines were anything that was the consistency similar to (not chunky) applesauce, babyfood or mashed potatoes.

That includes meats, Beans (like refried beans), cooked vegetables, eggs only if ground smooth.

If it’s possible to call to email your dietitian and run some ideas past them - that might be better than just guessing.

I’m starting with things that are specifically listed in my guide and then I will branch out from there depending on what I can tolerate.

So, it's not enough to just scramble your eggs, you need to put them in the food processor, too?

I think I need to email my provider to get better guidelines for the next stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/20/2022 at 07:23, Sunnyer said:






So, it's not enough to just scramble your eggs, you need to put them in the food processor, too?



I think I need to email my provider to get better guidelines for the next stage.


That specific guideline was given for hard boiled eggs, like egg salad (no chunks).

I can’t have scrambled eggs until the soft food stage.

Program rules vary a lot… like my liquid diet are largely things I can drink through a straw. (Jello and popsicles being the exception). But others allow pudding.

Your program might be ok with scrambled eggs in purée stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my dietitian gave me 30 days of liquid diet. i know it can vary wildly between different professionals, but just looking through the internet i feel very alone in going for 30 day the liquid phase.

4 days post op. starting to have food thoughts. i'm doing my best to keep 'em away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/20/2022 at 11:03, brenergonc said:



my dietitian gave me 30 days of liquid diet. i know it can vary wildly between different professionals, but just looking through the internet i feel very alone in going for 30 day the liquid phase.




4 days post op. starting to have food thoughts. i'm doing my best to keep 'em away


Is that 30 days total (pre and post op) or 30 days post op?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else sick of so much sweet food from pre/post ops? It all tastes so bad to me at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/20/2022 at 14:23, SuziDavis said:

Is anyone else sick of so much sweet food from pre/post ops? It all tastes so bad to me at this point.

Yes - that’s why I added broth in the pre op and went for Tomato Soup post op.

What have you found that helps cut the sweet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my dietitian gave me 30 days of liquid diet. i know it can vary wildly between different professionals, but just looking through the internet i feel very alone in going for 30 day the liquid phase.
4 days post op. starting to have food thoughts. i'm doing my best to keep 'em away
My doc also does 30 days of liquid diet, but she's very smart and has a ton of successful patients so I'm ok with trekking through it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LookingForward22 said:

Is that 30 days total (pre and post op) or 30 days post op?

30 days post op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/20/2022 at 14:41, LookingForward22 said:


Yes - that’s why I added broth in the pre op and went for Tomato Soup post op.



What have you found that helps cut the sweet?

I’ve been doing chicken broth with iso pure, and a little bit of the Tomato Soup too. Things just don’t taste the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/20/2022 at 15:40, SuziDavis said:


I’ve been doing chicken broth with iso pure, and a little bit of the Tomato Soup too. Things just don’t taste the same.

I’ve been doing the same. The iso pure changes the taste a little bit I think. It’s not horrible but Wednesday can’t get here soon enough. I’m ready to taste some different flavors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my surgery yesterday and got discharged to. liquid diet for 10 days. I feel pretty sleepy and my incisions hurt a bit, and getting up and down from sitting position os pretty painful, but otherwise going well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/20/2022 at 15:10, brenergonc said:






30 days post op


That does seem like a long time but I’m betting there is a good reason for it. @heartofmercury mentioned having 30 days and I bet there are others.

My team said if I struggled at all with the diet at any stage to call. They would rather work with me to stay on track than to have me go off track and delay my healing or progress.

Hang in there - you have a lot of support here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LookingForward22 said:

That does seem like a long time but I’m betting there is a good reason for it. @heartofmercury mentioned having 30 days and I bet there are others.

My team said if I struggled at all with the diet at any stage to call. They would rather work with me to stay on track than to have me go off track and delay my healing or progress.

Hang in there - you have a lot of support here!

thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Nonna1213

      Hi!  I am 7weeks post-op. Have lost a total 65lbs, 27 since surgery. Anyone else on my same timeline
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Giginc

      Just starting my journey...little nervous
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Joset

      My name is Jose and I am from the UK, I had a gastric bypass a month ago so I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey.
      I would like to know how many calories I should be eating a day to stay healthy, thank you for your time
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SpartanMaker

      Today is the day!  Have to be at the hospital in a couple of hours.  So ready get this done!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Giovanna628

      Morning!
      had surgery yesterday morning, feeling very sore but tolerable with pain meds. I have COPD and Asthma….let me tell ya, coughing is so painful. Anyway… drinking my 2oz every 15 …got my chart and shot glasses on hand.

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×