Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

Hello everyone! I am scheduled for a gastric bypass on August 24… One more week… Prayers for everyone!
Good luck!!! We're here for whatever you need!

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Felicidades! Espero que te todo siga bien y que te sientas mejor pronto!
Muchas gracias!!!! 21 libras menos!!!! Yei!!!! Sooo happy!

4 minutes ago, KikyL said:

So today I had my 5 days post op app and I loss 21 pounds, was a about to break into tears at the surgeon office. I got another appointment for Monday, they will get me to the puree/soft food stage....Can wait for some eggs and cottage cheese.

Thats so awesome congrats!!

7 minutes ago, KikyL said:

So today I had my 5 days post op app and I loss 21 pounds, was a about to break into tears at the surgeon office. I got another appointment for Monday, they will get me to the puree/soft food stage....Can wait for some eggs and cottage cheese.

Wow! Congrats!!

Hi Everyone,

This forum is so helpful.

Im 3.5 weeks post op and while i was cutting up a salad for my kids i had some chopped tomatoes. I must say i tolerated it better than cottage cheese.

Is it an issue to eat chopped tomatoes (without peel) or soft mango even if officially its not on the food group allowed yet?

Is there a risk that my stomach will stretch or something?

I would love some clarification on that.

Thanks so much!!

4 hours ago, SHORTY_ said:

That's exactly when I stalled out for a week. I had lost about 10 pre-op & 9 post op so I was trying not to kick myself too hard. it's been almost a week since I hopped back on the scale. It's currently shark week for me so I was waiting till it ended to hop on again since I tend to be heavier. My doctor told me not to watch the scale too hard in the first month anyways.

OK, I feel a bit better to know that people can stall this early. I hope it won't last long.

I weigh myself every day and have done for a long time. The only times I stop weighing myself is on vacation, or if I'm overeating and in wilful denial.

1 hour ago, Sunnyer said:

OK, I feel a bit better to know that people can stall this early. I hope it won't last long.

I weigh myself every day and have done for a long time. The only times I stop weighing myself is on vacation, or if I'm overeating and in wilful denial.

Watch this brief YouTube. It's a great explanation for the scale stall.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:43 PM, jenuinelygenuinely said:

Praying for a speedy recovery!! See you on the other side!

Congrats! Sending you healthy vibes!!

Hey buddies! Because it is Midnight, today is my 4th day pre-op of the shrinking liver diet. Let me tell you, I was very very hungry today while running errands and came home and sipped on homemade chicken broth my mom brewed for me. I added a drop of Sriracha and a dash of black pepper and it was soooooo good. Taste like ramen!

I had my surgery yesterday, it was a long day, and last night I had A LOT of pain from the air in my chest. I was finally able to get some out and feel much better. My stomach just feels bruised as of now. And I just had my leak test, so I can finally have a drink!!!

I had my surgery yesterday, it was a long day, and last night I had A LOT of pain from the air in my chest. I was finally able to get some out and feel much better. My stomach just feels bruised as of now. And I just had my leak test, so I can finally have a drink!!!
You're past what was the hardest part for me! Hopefully it just gets easier from here on out!

On 08/18/2022 at 12:11, Emilyjaguar said:

How soon after surgery did yall start Protein Drinks again?

All plans are different. I had a nutritional supplement in the hospital, but mine allowed me to start them when I got home from the hospital - as long as I could tolerate them. Thankfully I had no problems.

Did your practice give you a meal plan or guide to follow?

On 08/18/2022 at 09:48, heartofmercury said:

You're past what was the hardest part for me! Hopefully it just gets easier from here on out!

Today has been so much better. I have never burped so much in my life.! Lol
Hoped they bring my liquids soon. I was cleared for them hours ago.

On 08/18/2022 at 09:48, heartofmercury said:

Today has been so much better. I have never burped so much in my life.! Lol
Hoped they bring my liquids soon. I was cleared for them hours ago.