Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Emilyjaguar said:

Im on day 2 of my liquid diet and i am SICK. Diarrhea and now chicken broth sounds so nasty like I will throw up if I eat it. Not sure I will make it through this.

Diarrhea is all about cleaning everything out and it's gonna be that way for awhile. Believe it or not, the chicken broth is so soothing because you warm it up. after cold shakes and clear fluids all day, it is the most welcomed part of my day. Just plain broth out of a box is yuckky. Try adding Better than Bouillon to it. I add the vegetable stock and it is amazing!! Hope you feel better! I'm dealing with the caffeine headaches. I only drink one cup each morning, but main this is really kicking my head today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, I Am Enough! said:

Diarrhea is all about cleaning everything out and it's gonna be that way for awhile. Believe it or not, the chicken broth is so soothing because you warm it up. after cold shakes and clear fluids all day, it is the most welcomed part of my day. Just plain broth out of a box is yuckky. Try adding Better than Bouillon to it. I add the vegetable stock and it is amazing!! Hope you feel better! I'm dealing with the caffeine headaches. I only drink one cup each morning, but main this is really kicking my head today.

Good luck with that coffee issue!!! I am in the same boat. I hope your head feels better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My liquid diet allows me 1 egg/yogurt/glass of milk a day. In addition to my 4 Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids. I have NEVER found an egg to be so delicious as I do now!! 🤣 I bow down all chickens for making such a yummy treat! 🤣😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man! I am preparing everything right now for my liquid diet start date on the 15th. I left my house messy so I can hulk clean during my two weeks LOL. We have a huge wedding coming up, my aunts wedding in September, and everyone is super interested in my liquid diet regimen. I tell them they won't be able to do it because they have never tasted a Protein Meal Replacement in their life.

Reading everyone's post who is currently on the liquid diet right now is giving me relief that it is not THAT bad! Mind over matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/09/2022 at 20:57, jenuinelygenuinely said:



Oh man! I am preparing everything right now for my liquid diet start date on the 15th. I left my house messy so I can hulk clean during my two weeks LOL. We have a huge wedding coming up, my aunts wedding in September, and everyone is super interested in my liquid diet regimen. I tell them they won't be able to do it because they have never tasted a Protein Meal Replacement in their life.




Reading everyone's post who is currently on the liquid diet right now is giving me relief that it is not THAT bad! Mind over matter.


I’m on day 2 (of 8) of mine. I can honestly say I haven’t felt physically hungry but the head hunger (wanting to taste textures and or certain foods) showed it’s self today. It wasn’t bad… but it was there.

I’m full liquids (no solid food) - so taking in 123+ ounces a day (between the Protein Shakes, Water and juice requirements), and that’s kept my tummy full.

Last night was rough - I felt like I woke up constantly to run to the potty. Despite all the fluids, I woke up with a dry mouth and a dehydration headache (don’t ask me how). It went away as soon as I started drinking again.

Today I tried getting all my fluids in by 7pm to prevent the constant waking.

I’m a little tired today from waking up and probably from the the reduced calories (around 870) I think, but I’m hoping my body will adjust and my energy will perk back up toward the end of the week.

Best of luck! It really isn’t that bad… so far. I’ll see how I feel on day 6. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/09/2022 at 17:50, Emilyjaguar said:






Im on day 2 of my liquid diet and i am SICK. Diarrhea and now chicken broth sounds so nasty like I will throw up if I eat it. Not sure I will make it through this.


Oh no … I’m sorry to hear you are struggling. Just finishing up my day two. I woke up with a horrible headache (probably from lack of sleep) & dry mouth, no idea how, with all I’m drinking … and a little nauseous come to think of it but as soon as I started drinking the headache went away.

I hope day 3 is better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/09/2022 at 17:55, I Am Enough! said:






Diarrhea is all about cleaning everything out and it's gonna be that way for awhile. Believe it or not, the chicken broth is so soothing because you warm it up. after cold shakes and clear fluids all day, it is the most welcomed part of my day. Just plain broth out of a box is yuckky. Try adding Better than Bouillon to it. I add the vegetable stock and it is amazing!! Hope you feel better! I'm dealing with the caffeine headaches. I only drink one cup each morning, but main this is really kicking my head today.


I haven’t had the joy of diarrhea yet - but I agree about the broth. I def look forward to that after all the sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/09/2022 at 18:56, karakent said:

My liquid diet allows me 1 egg/yogurt/glass of milk a day. In addition to my 4 Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids. I have NEVER found an egg to be so delicious as I do now!! 🤣 I bow down all chickens for making such a yummy treat! 🤣😂

What I wouldn’t give for an egg right about now. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LookingForward22 said:

What I wouldn’t give for an egg right about now. Lol

I mocked up a shopping list for when I'm eventually on soft food and it has about 8 different types of cheese on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I’m September 26. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soo I am on the phone with insurance now. Trying to understand why? This same thing happened to me and my surgeon will not do the sleeve with out repairing the hernia. Today was my surgery day 8-08 :(
I'm so sorry@Michelle1.0! I hope they are able to get it resolved soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had gastric bypass. In hospital now. Anyone having abdominal muscle spasms or something? Its midnight and no one knows what I’m talking about in the hospital.
Yes! Lots of spasms and some unwelcome hiccups. I'm on day 2 post op now and seeing less of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/09/2022 at 23:54, JellyBeanz said:






I mocked up a shopping list for when I'm eventually on soft food and it has about 8 different types of cheese on it.


Cheese will be a nice treat. I may have to start that soft food shopping list myself! Lol. Great idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Nonna1213

      Hi!  I am 7weeks post-op. Have lost a total 65lbs, 27 since surgery. Anyone else on my same timeline
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Giginc

      Just starting my journey...little nervous
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Joset

      My name is Jose and I am from the UK, I had a gastric bypass a month ago so I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey.
      I would like to know how many calories I should be eating a day to stay healthy, thank you for your time
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SpartanMaker

      Today is the day!  Have to be at the hospital in a couple of hours.  So ready get this done!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Giovanna628

      Morning!
      had surgery yesterday morning, feeling very sore but tolerable with pain meds. I have COPD and Asthma….let me tell ya, coughing is so painful. Anyway… drinking my 2oz every 15 …got my chart and shot glasses on hand.

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×