Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

Yeah stalls are a bummer, but I just keep looking at how my clothes are falling off. That I'm not gaining. I try to increase my movement, but I've been sick with Covid and it has totally sucked the lifeforce outta me. But I'm getter better! I didn't eat the best I could have over the holidays. The sugar made my joints get inflamed and it was painful to move. After eliminating the sugar and the crackers, breads, cinnamon rolls, and crap from my diet again, it finally dropped.

I'm at the halfway point! it's all downhill from here :D

And this is why I love this forum. Thanks love. I think we all start feeling down about stalls and its always helpful knowing other people are going through or feeling the same.
[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/13/2023 at 4:11 PM, I Am Enough! said:

Yeah stalls are a bummer, but I just keep looking at how my clothes are falling off. That I'm not gaining. I try to increase my movement, but I've been sick with Covid and it has totally sucked the lifeforce outta me. But I'm getter better! I didn't eat the best I could have over the holidays. The sugar made my joints get inflamed and it was painful to move. After eliminating the sugar and the crackers, breads, cinnamon rolls, and crap from my diet again, it finally dropped.

I'm at the halfway point! it's all downhill from here :D

It's great to be past the halfway point, isn't it? I'm there too, although I haven't lost much weight so far this month. I was hoping to get to 90 kilos this moths, but I'm not sure I will. The good news is that I'm 91 kilos now, the same that I weighed after my son was born almost ten years ago. So, everything I gained in the last decade is now gone.

The exercise routine is not going well, unfortunately. There's too much ice and snow to do a lot of walking outside, and both my son and I got sick in the first week of January, and I'm still recovering. J haven't had a lot of energy after work, but hopefully I can make it to the gym next week.

My goal was to lose 63 pounds in the first year, but I've already lost 54. I'm 8 pounds away from getting into the healthy BMI range. (I should tell you I'm 5'2" and a small frame, my surgery weight was 198.) It's slowing down but not stopping, like 10ths of pounds at a time. I'd like to eventually lose about 20 pounds from where I am now.

It blows me away that if you met me now you would just see me as an average woman who could lose a few pounds, but certainly not as an obese or even particularly overweight person.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:05 PM, AliceFD said:

My goal was to lose 63 pounds in the first year, but I've already lost 54. I'm 8 pounds away from getting into the healthy BMI range. (I should tell you I'm 5'2" and a small frame, my surgery weight was 198.) It's slowing down but not stopping, like 10ths of pounds at a time. I'd like to eventually lose about 20 pounds from where I am now.

It blows me away that if you met me now you would just see me as an average woman who could lose a few pounds, but certainly not as an obese or even particularly overweight person.

Eight pounds away from healthy BMI is tremendous! Well done. You must be really happy with your results.

I'm working on getting to your starting weight, since I'm 199 pounds now, and I still have 40 pounds or so to lose to reach a healthy BMI. My weight loss is slowing down too, as I've only lost a little more than one kilo so far this month or 2.4 pounds. I was hoping to continue to lose 3-4 pounds a month, so that I would have a chance to reach a healthy BMI this year, but it may not happen.

Still, I'm exactly at BMI 30.0 now, so I will soon be in the "overweight" category and not obese, which is something.

Edited by Sunnyer

Hey Buddies! Today makes 5 months for me! I was sleeved 8/22:) Thought I would post my progress.

Today I’m down 71lbs from my pre-surgery weight. I’ve also lost a total of 45 inches all around. Including 11 inches around my waist! Can you believe it?! I am so glad I decided to track that along with my weight. 🤗

I rewarded myself with an exercise bike!! Lol.

On Friday I had jeans and a t-shirt on and the difference must be telling because lots of people commented on my weight loss. But more importantly I noticed I was once again sitting cross legged without even thinking about it. I don’t even know how long I’ve been doing it,🤣 but I was pretty damn excited.

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Hey Buddies! Today makes 5 months for me! I was sleeved 8/22:) Thought I would post my progress.

Today I’m down 71lbs from my pre-surgery weight. I’ve also lost a total of 45 inches all around. Including 11 inches around my waist! Can you believe it?! I am so glad I decided to track that along with my weight.

On Friday I had jeans and a t-shirt on and the difference must be telling because lots of people commented on my weight loss. But more importantly I noticed I was once again sitting cross legged without even thinking about it. I don’t even know how long I’ve been doing it, but I was pretty damn excited.

image-0.0020265579223632812.thumb.jpg.d698b5f4bb903375fbda65cc20987b8b.jpg

Congratulations! 71 pounds lost is amazing! I had surgery on 8/8/22 and I've lost 64 pounds. I've still got 36 more to go. I'm finally to the stage where I have to track my food and exercise to consistently lose. It's more effort now than in the beginning but it is still 1000 times easier than before surgery. I'm so happy I made this decision.

Also, way to go on the nonscale victories like crossing your legs!

Hi, 5 months today! I've lost 55 pounds,18 to go. I ve tracking everything every day, but gotten a little lazy about it in the last week, so I need to get back on it. Do you realize that every new person we meet won't have known us as fat? That sorta blows my mind.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:06 AM, karakent said:

Today I’m down 71lbs from my pre-surgery weight. I’ve also lost a total of 45 inches all around. Including 11 inches around my waist! Can you believe it?! I am so glad I decided to track that along with my weight. 🤗

On Friday I had jeans and a t-shirt on and the difference must be telling because lots of people commented on my weight loss. But more importantly I noticed I was once again sitting cross legged without even thinking about it. I don’t even know how long I’ve been doing it,🤣 but I was pretty damn excited.

Congratulations!

Five months in and today officially hit Onederland!!!! I never thought it would happen. I have not seen a 1 in front of my weight in the past 10+ years! I am 5 months out and 70 lbs down now. I’ve had multiple stalls and lots of frustration, but am hoping to continue to get closer to “overweight” on the BMI scale in the next month or two. Reading these posts, I’m so proud of how far all of us have come :)

Five months in and today officially hit Onederland!!!! I never thought it would happen. I have not seen a 1 in front of my weight in the past 10+ years! I am 5 months out and 70 lbs down now. I’ve had multiple stalls and lots of frustration, but am hoping to continue to get closer to “overweight” on the BMI scale in the next month or two. Reading these posts, I’m so proud of how far all of us have come :)
Congrats!! This is an amazing milestone.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:06 PM, karakent said:

Congrats! You look great and should be happy with over 70 pounds in weight loss.

I only lost one kilo (2.2 pounds) in January, so that’s not great. But I haven’t really been able to exercise since I was sick in the first week of January and then I hurt my foot.

So far in this journey, I’ve always lost more in the month after a slow month, so here’s hoping February will be a success!

Everyone is progressing well.
my stall has broken this week. FINALY. I didn’t meet my first goal. Only just 2 kilos shy. But I’m just glad I’m feeling alive. And loosing weight.
I was given the green light to exercise again but limit the walking and weights. Soi mainly walk in the pool.

I saw the dr again today. still have issues and now they are talking surgery 4 and mesh walls. When dr fixed the hiatus he tightened it to good and it’s been most of the issue I have with vomiting and not tolerating solids/soft foods. I have a new found love for Carrot and Apple smoothie. Sounds weird. But it’s so yum.
I was told by the dr that our food hormones were cut away. And over the next 4 years they will grow back. But by then we should have stabilised a good eating pattern.