Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

10 hours ago, LookingForward22 said:

Update & NSV: Friday was my 4 month follow up. I weighed in at 47 pounds down from surgery and 97 pounds lost total.

My clothes are getting pretty big on me but I’m trying to modify my clothes rather than buy new for as long as possible.

I was helping at a school event and one of the other volunteers came up to me (who hasn’t seen me since last April) - gushing over how good I looked … saying “I almost didn’t recognize you”. I have had several people tell me that lately (many saying it’s was due to my shorter hair, I think they were embarrassed or unsure how to mention my weight-loss).

Funny thing is because my loss has been gradual my family and I don’t really “see” it as much - so when people react to it, usually it’s sweet.

I’m struggling getting enough calories and Protein because I have some sinus drainage that make eating difficult but otherwise my dr and nutritionist think I’m on a really good track and are encouraging me to keep up the good work.

I would have like to have lost more by now, but one advantage to slower loss is my skin is looking pretty good in general.

I still have a lot to loose. I don’t have an ideal number set in my mind. I’ve already met all of my health related goals. In my perfect world getting down to the 100’s would be great, but as long as I’m healthy and avoid regaining… I’m happy. Having lots of plateaus which can be frustrating but with my calories being low that’s kinda expected.

You're doing great! Someone who hadn't seen me for quite awhile honestly thought my husband had a new wife (I also grew my hair longer. ) Good thing they caught on before they started criticizing the old wife!

Today is month 4 post op. I’m making good and steady progress, slower than some and faster than others but good enough for me. I’m about to go on winter vacation so I am hoping to focus on my exercise during that time and start a routine. How is everyone else?

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image0.0.jpg

51 minutes ago, karakent said:

Today is month 4 post op. I’m making good and steady progress, slower than some and faster than others but good enough for me. I’m about to go on winter vacation so I am hoping to focus on my exercise during that time and start a routine. How is everyone else?

I'm happy that I've now lost a little bit more than half of my goal. I've lost 19.8 kilos (43.65 pounds) and I have 19.2 kilos to go to reach my goal weight.

Also, since I'm at 93.2 right now I'm likely to reach my goal weight of 93 this month. Of course, it's Christmas this weekend, and I have to be a bit careful, but I think it will be ok.

The only negative is that I have an UTI, for the first time in more than a decade. I looked it up, and yes, there's an increased chance of UTI's after bariatric surgery. So, I went to the drs office and got antibiotics. Hopefully, they will work and I won't be sick during my Christmas break.

On 12/22/2022 at 09:09, Sunnyer said:

I'm happy that I've now lost a little bit more than half of my goal. I've lost 19.8 kilos (43.65 pounds) and I have 19.2 kilos to go to reach my goal weight.

Also, since I'm at 93.2 right now I'm likely to reach my goal weight of 93 this month. Of course, it's Christmas this weekend, and I have to be a bit careful, but I think it will be ok.

The only negative is that I have an UTI, for the first time in more than a decade. I looked it up, and yes, there's an increased chance of UTI's after bariatric surgery. So, I went to the drs office and got antibiotics. Hopefully, they will work and I won't be sick during my Christmas break.

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. I didn’t even know that was a thing! Thanks for the information! Congrats on being halfway to goal! That’s great!

On 12/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, karakent said:

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. I didn’t even know that was a thing! Thanks for the information! Congrats on being halfway to goal! That’s great!

Thanks! I felt better pretty soon after I started the antibiotics, so I'm not sick during Christmas which was what I feared.

I'm now even further down on the scale, which is so strange for this time of year. Normally, December is the time of year I gain weight and not just during Christmas. So it's especially welcome now after a long stall in November.

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas. We open our presents on Christmas eve, so we've already had Christmas dinner and opened out gifts. I got a whole box of homemade Cookies from my niece, who is a college student and always gives something homemade. They're quite delicious, but definitely not healthy.

What would you do with a gift like that? Eat one per day? Give them to friends? I already regifted the chocolate I got from work to a refugee woman I've been assisting, so I can't really give her the cookies as well.

Another day, another stall... I think I have spent most of November and December in a stall. It's driving me nuts. I had hopes of hitting a goal before new years, but that's not happening.

19 hours ago, SuziDavis said:

Another day, another stall... I think I have spent most of November and December in a stall. It's driving me nuts. I had hopes of hitting a goal before new years, but that's not happening.

I can see how frustrating that is, but then again you've already lost almost 80 pounds which is a LOT. So, your body is probably adjusting to that massive weight loss before you can start losing again.

I spent the last week of October, all of November and the first week of December in a stall, pretty much. I only lost 6 kilos (13 pounds) in those three months, most of it in December. I'm thinking January is going to be your month. It will be great starting the new year with renewed weight loss!

Edited by Sunnyer

Suzi sorry to hear. I have hit another stall too. But mine is I’ve fallen back into bad habits of eating every 2nd day. Yep even over Christmas. I’ve also got thee fear of vomiting so don’t eat. And I’m not getting the calories or Protein I need. Everything tastes gross on the taste buds.
Also I’ve only walked a few days as I re injured the shoulder so have to stop the exercising. I am walking an hour every other day.

I'm trying to look at it like this: I may be stalled, but on the other hand I made it through all the holidays without gaining, I'm actually a couple of pounds down from before Thanksgiving. Now when in my life have I ever done that?

Here's to a great New Year for all of us! We have taken such a giant step towards our health goals this year. Think of where we all were last year at this time! Best to all of you ❤.

16 minutes ago, AliceFD said:

I'm trying to look at it like this: I may be stalled, but on the other hand I made it through all the holidays without gaining, I'm actually a couple of pounds down from before Thanksgiving. Now when in my life have I ever done that?

Here's to a great New Year for all of us! We have taken such a giant step towards our health goals this year. Think of where we all were last year at this time! Best to all of you ❤.

That is definitely a plus. I am staying positive, but it does get frustrating.

On 12/29/2022 at 9:44 AM, SuziDavis said:

Same here. I lost three pounds last month. Three! I feel like I’m losing inches though. I think the three pounds was all of the hair I’ve been losing! Here’s to ending the stall in 2023!

On 12/29/2022 at 11:44 AM, SuziDavis said:

Hey!! You got this! you´ve lost 80 lbs, that´s something big!!! You are doing great; remember we are here for the long run. The most important thing is that you are better than 1 year ago, and that 1 year from now, you´ll be even better.

My surgeon told me yesterday in my follow up app that if I continue to be consistent and that I keep learning and "listening" to my tool (gastric sleeve) we are good.

So, look on all the weight/inches off, the saggy clothes, all the NSV we´ve experience in only 5 months, YOU/WE are doing great!

50 minutes ago, KikyL said:

Hey!! You got this! you´ve lost 80 lbs, that´s something big!!! You are doing great; remember we are here for the long run. The most important thing is that you are better than 1 year ago, and that 1 year from now, you´ll be even better.

My surgeon told me yesterday in my follow up app that if I continue to be consistent and that I keep learning and "listening" to my tool (gastric sleeve) we are good.

So, look on all the weight/inches off, the saggy clothes, all the NSV we´ve experience in only 5 months, YOU/WE are doing great!

My stalls have been weird. Like I lose 2 lbs one week, then nothing the next. then 1 lb one week then nothing, then 2 lbs then nothing. So, they are like mini-stalls or something. And every week I don't lose I get sad and then I remember that I did lose 55 lbs so I can't be totally disappointed.

16 hours ago, KikyL said:

And this is why I love this forum. Thanks love. I think we all start feeling down about stalls and its always helpful knowing other people are going through or feeling the same.