Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

Today was a non-scale victory today! All of my pants are falling off of me and it feels great! I went to a consignment shop and I was able to comfortably wear size 18 pants! I think I could have squeezed into the 16 size, but I have worn tight clothes for waaaaay too long and not by choice. I was really pleased to learn I have dropped from a 24 to an 18 :) Another NSV I experienced was the bath tub Water draining out around me. I no longer dam up the back of the tub without moving because of the inches I've lost from around my hips when I sit!

After a stall for a while, my weight finally went down today and I'm 94.3 kilos, which is a little less than 208 pounds. It has become more likely that I'll meet my goal of 93 kilos (205 pounds) before the end of the year. That would meand that I'd lost 20 kilos even (44 pounds) since this summer.

Of course, reaching 91 kilos (200 pounds) would be even better, not to mention 90 kilos (198 pounds). That would mean I was no longer technically obese and also at 90 kilos I'd weigh less than I did a decade ago. That's the next goal for the new year.

But I'm happy to see the number on the scale moving again. I'm trying to get used to shorter hair, although I feel it makes me look older.

Edited by Sunnyer

On 12/11/2022 at 08:43, Sunnyer said:

After a stall for a while, my weight finally went down today and I'm 94.3 kilos, which is a little less than 208 pounds. It has become more likely that I'll meet my goal of 93 kilos (205 pounds) before the end of the year. That would meand that I'd lost 20 kilos even (44 pounds) since this summer.

Of course, reaching 91 kilos (200 pounds) would be even better, not to mention 90 kilos (198 pounds). That would mean I was no longer technically obese and also at 90 kilos I'd weigh less than I did a decade ago. That's the next goal for the new year.

But I'm happy to see the number on the scale moving again. I'm trying to get used to shorter hair, although I feel it makes me look older.

That’s awesome! Congrats! Keep going and I’m sure you’ll reach your goals and then some! And don’t worry about the hair. The good thing is that it grows back. 😉

On 12/11/2022 at 5:20 AM, I Am Enough! said:

Today was a non-scale victory today! All of my pants are falling off of me and it feels great! I went to a consignment shop and I was able to comfortably wear size 18 pants! I think I could have squeezed into the 16 size, but I have worn tight clothes for waaaaay too long and not by choice. I was really pleased to learn I have dropped from a 24 to an 18 :) Another NSV I experienced was the bath tub Water draining out around me. I no longer dam up the back of the tub without moving because of the inches I've lost from around my hips when I sit!

Way to go..what a fabulous effort for you.

I am on week 3 of a stall... I'm trying not to let it bother me. I have seen a few reset diets, I am thinking of trying one if I can't kick this in the next week.

3 hours ago, SuziDavis said:

I am on week 3 of a stall... I'm trying not to let it bother me. I have seen a few reset diets, I am thinking of trying one if I can't kick this in the next week.

I have found the stalls necessary for your body to adjust to all the changes. However, I have found that by going back to some of the basics for Water, Protein, Protein Shakes, and then adding much more movement has been helping to kick the stalls faster. Good luck with pushing through to your goal!! :D

4 hours ago, SuziDavis said:

Most of November and the first week of December was a stall for me, but now the scale goes down a little every day.

At least I know now that I will get over a stall eventually, now that I’ve had two. It’s frustrating, but it’s just a matter of continuing to do your best and waiting.

Hello all,

how is everyone’s exercise regime going?
I have managed to walk an hour or more a day for 4 days this week. Spent an hour in the pool doing laps and half hour in the spa.

im unable to do anything else as the shoulder is still giving me grief. But I have returned to working as it’s one of the busy times of the year for me and orders are piling up.

5 hours ago, Char V said:

Hello all,

how is everyone’s exercise regime going?
I have managed to walk an hour or more a day for 4 days this week. Spent an hour in the pool doing laps and half hour in the spa.

im unable to do anything else as the shoulder is still giving me grief. But I have returned to working as it’s one of the busy times of the year for me and orders are piling up.

The exercise routine is not going great, because there is so much snow, and it's hard to walk outside when the snow is up to your knees. Normally, I would exercise by shovelling snow, but like you my shoulder is hurting so I can't. I was supposed to have shoulder surgery on Monday, but I had to cancel due to unexpected cost.

I did buy a 6 month card at the gym this week and was planning to go to a zumba class this morning, but my car got stuck in the snow and I couldn't go, since the weather was too bad for me to walk to the gym. Hopefully the weather and the roads will be better tomorrow and next week, and the sidewalks shovelled, so I can take a walk and also go to the gym.

6 hours ago, Sunnyer said:

The exercise routine is not going great, because there is so much snow, and it's hard to walk outside when the snow is up to your knees. Normally, I would exercise by shovelling snow, but like you my shoulder is hurting so I can't. I was supposed to have shoulder surgery on Monday, but I had to cancel due to unexpected cost.

I did buy a 6 month card at the gym this week and was planning to go to a zumba class this morning, but my car got stuck in the snow and I couldn't go, since the weather was too bad for me to walk to the gym. Hopefully the weather and the roads will be better tomorrow and next week, and the sidewalks shovelled, so I can take a walk and also go to the gym.

I forgot most of you would be in winter at the moment. We don’t get snow here at all.
I had shoulder surgery on the 1st dec. I was told 2 weeks in the sling. I wasn’t really prepared mentally for the after.
my gym membership includes pool and spa. And my shoulder rehab is heated pool. As we have a family membership I am pushed by the teenagers to go nearly every day.

Update & NSV: Friday was my 4 month follow up. I weighed in at 47 pounds down from surgery and 97 pounds lost total.

My clothes are getting pretty big on me but I’m trying to modify my clothes rather than buy new for as long as possible.

I was helping at a school event and one of the other volunteers came up to me (who hasn’t seen me since last April) - gushing over how good I looked … saying “I almost didn’t recognize you”. I have had several people tell me that lately (many saying it’s was due to my shorter hair, I think they were embarrassed or unsure how to mention my weight-loss).

Funny thing is because my loss has been gradual my family and I don’t really “see” it as much - so when people react to it, usually it’s sweet.

I’m struggling getting enough calories and Protein because I have some sinus drainage that make eating difficult but otherwise my dr and nutritionist think I’m on a really good track and are encouraging me to keep up the good work.

I would have like to have lost more by now, but one advantage to slower loss is my skin is looking pretty good in general.

I still have a lot to loose. I don’t have an ideal number set in my mind. I’ve already met all of my health related goals. In my perfect world getting down to the 100’s would be great, but as long as I’m healthy and avoid regaining… I’m happy. Having lots of plateaus which can be frustrating but with my calories being low that’s kinda expected.

On 12/03/2022 at 22:19, tranquil_chaos said:

Hi Everyone! I don't post often, but I keep up reading this thread! I had my major goal reached this morning and I don't have anyone other than my partner to share this news with...but I reached ONEderland this morning! I can't believe it!

IMG_2081 copy.jpg

Congratulations!!! How exciting.

On 12/09/2022 at 10:34, KikyL said:

I just got to the 200 for the first time in a decade!!🥳🥳🥳. Feels amazing!!!

Screenshot_20221209-085756_Renpho.jpg

Congratulations! I had recently crossed over myself and I still sometimes forget to start with 2 when log my weight.