Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

1 hour ago, karakent said:

Hi guys. Today I’m exactly 2 months out and wanted to give you all an update! I’ve lost 43lbs. Since my revision to sleeve. And 23 inches all around. This is so much faster than I ever lost with my lapband. I still have an aversion to certain flavors and I can only drink my Protein Shake if its in coffee. On its own it sends me running to the bathroom. Which is weird. My dr told me to stop drinking the Protein Shakes anyway and that I should start getting my Proteins only from meals. I think I’ll be able to do that even though I can usually only fit about 4 ounces (we’ll see) the problem is that I’m not really a cook or kitchen person so I find myself eating the same things over and over and then making myself sick of them. This in turn means I’m quickly running out of choices.

I weirdly can’t see the changes in my body but I know that they’re there because I’d definitely fit differently in my clothes and differently into seats and things like that. But the body dysmorphia is real y’all! I usually take pictures at every month anniversary and when I look back at what I looked like from the beginning to now, I still feel like I look the same—which again is weird because I thought that the pictures were supposed to show me that I actually am losing weight but oh well. Luckily I have a therapist, so I think I’m gonna bring this up at my therapy session tomorrow. I don’t come on here often, but I do read every single comment that gets posted so I really do appreciate people continuing to post here and talk about how they’re doing…it makes you feel a little less lonely, so thanks!

I had my surgery 8/19 and I've lost 26 pounds so far. 41 total from when I started this journey. I still have weight to lose, but what is weird to me is that I feel the opposite. I feel so thin. I know I'm still overweight and need to lose more but feel like a normal person now. I look in the mirror and I can see I'm still fat, but I guess because I know how big I was I feel like I'm much thinner now. I've been losing slowly and I get frustrated, but when I put on my clothes I feel happy. It's almost like I feel thinner than I am. I guess that is a good thing because it has boosted my self esteem. So I guess what I'm saying is I must have reverse body dysmorphia because I'm still a fat girl who feels like she is a thin girl. I'll take it. I'm so much happier than I was 40 lbs ago.

On 10/22/2022 at 9:21 AM, karakent said:

Hi guys. Today I’m exactly 2 months out and wanted to give you all an update! I’ve lost 43lbs. Since my revision to sleeve. And 23 inches all around. This is so much faster than I ever lost with my lapband. I still have an aversion to certain flavors and I can only drink my Protein Shake if its in coffee. On its own it sends me running to the bathroom. Which is weird. My dr told me to stop drinking the Protein Shakes anyway and that I should start getting my Proteins only from meals. I think I’ll be able to do that even though I can usually only fit about 4 ounces (we’ll see) the problem is that I’m not really a cook or kitchen person so I find myself eating the same things over and over and then making myself sick of them. This in turn means I’m quickly running out of choices.

I weirdly can’t see the changes in my body but I know that they’re there because I’d definitely fit differently in my clothes and differently into seats and things like that. But the body dysmorphia is real y’all! I usually take pictures at every month anniversary and when I look back at what I looked like from the beginning to now, I still feel like I look the same—which again is weird because I thought that the pictures were supposed to show me that I actually am losing weight but oh well. Luckily I have a therapist, so I think I’m gonna bring this up at my therapy session tomorrow. I don’t come on here often, but I do read every single comment that gets posted so I really do appreciate people continuing to post here and talk about how they’re doing…it makes you feel a little less lonely, so thanks!

Congrats!!! You are losing fast! I am the same with my Protein coffee. Have to do it that way.

And my tastes have also changed big time.

10 minutes ago, SuziDavis said:

Congrats!!! You are losing fast! I am the same with my Protein coffee. Have to do it that way.

And my tastes have also changed big time.

Congratulations! It makes me feel so happy when I read how well everyone is doing.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:10 AM, LibbyAbby said:

I had my surgery 8/19 and I've lost 26 pounds so far. 41 total from when I started this journey. I still have weight to lose, but what is weird to me is that I feel the opposite. I feel so thin. I know I'm still overweight and need to lose more but feel like a normal person now. I look in the mirror and I can see I'm still fat, but I guess because I know how big I was I feel like I'm much thinner now. I've been losing slowly and I get frustrated, but when I put on my clothes I feel happy. It's almost like I feel thinner than I am. I guess that is a good thing because it has boosted my self esteem. So I guess what I'm saying is I must have reverse body dysmorphia because I'm still a fat girl who feels like she is a thin girl. I'll take it. I'm so much happier than I was 40 lbs ago.

That has to feel good! Congrats!

9 minutes ago, SuziDavis said:

That has to feel good! Congrats!

It does feel good. My hope is that everyone can feel the same way I do. I hope no matter how much weight we lose or don't lose I hope we all can appreciate all the positives and can recognize that even if we don't ever achieve our ideal body size or weight we have still accomplished so much! We should not look in the mirror and see the weight we have to lose. We should try to see the improvement in our lives and health no matter what.

It helps for me to remind myself that even people who have been thin their whole lives hate their bodies.

Sorry for the rant, but I just want us all to be happy and love ourselves no matter what.

Little update: it’s been a long couple of months, but I am seeing some progress. Most of my challenges have nothing to do with the surgery… I have non-weight related health issues that have been flaring up.

About 10.5 weeks out I’m about 34 pounds down since surgery and about 91 pounds down from the beginning of my journey. It feels awesome being in the 200’s after 20+ yrs!! But I still have a long way to go. I’’m looking forward to seeing 100 pounds gone! Which is my second “mini” goal (my first was being under 300). I’m 9 pounds away so I’m hoping soon.

I’ve been sick for the last several weeks (sinus issues turned into a full blown sinus infection) - so that’s added a few challenges, I’m sure slowing my progress.

I’m having trouble staying hydrated, between being sick and trying to time my eating and drinking (I’m still only able to eat small amounts so I need to eat frequently)

The weight on the scales is coming off slowly, but clothes are getting bigger and NSV are definitely apparent. It’s helpful to have the NSV as reminders of what’s going right.

My knees are feeling better since weight loss, I’m hoping more weight loss will equal more improvement. My energy has not rebounded like I’ve hoped, but I’ve also been sick for the last couple of weeks - so I’m hoping as I recover from that, I will see some improvement in my energy as well.

I had hoped I’d be further along than I am, but I’m trying to be content with my progress so far. The one advantage I’ve seen to the slow progress is the skin on my abdomen seems to be responding nicely with the weight loss… my arms are very flabby but I don’t really mind, I will work on building some muscle when I’m feeling better. My lower legs look pretty good, but from my knees up to my hips… well that area is just refusing to keep up with proportioned loss! That area still looks very heavy and I think is why I’m not noticing as big of a body change (personally). If my thighs, butt and hips ever decide to join in on this progress, then I’ll probably notice more! Now obviously I am loosing in those areas, because I can fit into chairs I previously couldn’t or struggled to sit on, I’m just loosing from there last and that’s where I hold most of my weight. I know we can’t target where we loose with from, but when I’m back on my feet, I’m hoping to be able to do some exercises to tone and strengthen those “problem” areas.

In my ideal world I’d like to get into the 150-170 pound range. I’m not sure how “realistic” that is … given my starting weight, surgery & other health issues … but take the process one day at a time knowing that any loss is progress.

Hi All

love reading everyone’s responses.
I am doing so much better and feeling better. No more vomiting now it’s been worked out why I was. Im more active, But falling back into old habits. Prior to surgery I was never hungry and would eat Once every 2 days and struggle to drink 500mls a day. I think the Hiatus is playing up again. I have had to set alarms to remind me to eat or drink. But I’m normally out. So have to get use to taking Snacks and Fluid with me. But most of the time I’m out walking or driving. We
Im still loosing a kilo a week. I meal plan. I think I have about a month worth of food in freezer. But never feel hungry. Bloods are all spot on.
I e managed to get 2 out of 4 wedding rings back on. So I know I’m loosing.

keep up the good work peeps

On 10/3/2022 at 4:43 AM, SuziDavis said:

Anyone’s hair start shedding yet? Seems like mine has. 😭

My hair is leaving my head. It started this month, and I lose a ton every day.

Even if I just run my fingers through my hair, I'm left with a handful.

Is there anything that can be done to stop the Hair loss? I'm taking Vitamins.

16 hours ago, Sunnyer said:

Is there anything that can be done to stop the Hair loss? I'm taking Vitamins.

That is how mine is... Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do except wait it out.

I was luck that I have a lot of hair, but it is noticeable for me still. Shorter hair definitely helps.

Is there anything that can be done to stop the Hair loss? I'm taking Vitamins.< br>
Also losing my hair much faster than normal. When i see the amount coming out in the brush or shower it makes me sad. Has anyone tried collagen gummies?

On 11/10/2022 at 4:17 PM, SuziDavis said:

That is how mine is... Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do except wait it out.

I was luck that I have a lot of hair, but it is noticeable for me still. Shorter hair definitely helps.

I have wavy hair past my shoulders. I wonder if I will have to cut it after all this Hair loss.

I am 3 pounds for being under 300 for the first time in years, But I hit my second stall since September... 😫

It's so frustrating!!!

On 11/12/2022 at 7:57 AM, heartofmercury said:

Also losing my hair much faster than normal. When i see the amount coming out in the brush or shower it makes me sad. Has anyone tried collagen gummies?

I have, but I ended up liking my collagen powder better, I put it in my coffee.