Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

On 10/17/2022 at 14:21, SuziDavis said:

How are all my August buddies doing?

I’m at 7 weeks, 40 lbs down since starting my pre-op diet and 26 lbs since surgery. Finding it tough to hit the fluid/protein goals. Restriction is no joke. My doctor encouraged me to exercise as much as possible. I feel like I’m perpetually dehydrated. Hope everyone else is doing great!

I've been doing pretty well. My stall is finally over. I was stuck at the same weight for about 3 weeks, now it is falling off. I'm down 30 lbs since surgery and 53 lbs total. I have had some issues with Constipation and my hair has been falling out (which I don't have much to spare anyway because of the alopecia from PCOS). My knees haven't hurt at all and we are going to Disney next month. I am still dreading fitting into the rides, but I'm hoping it goes well. I was pulled aside in front of everyone in line to get checked in a test seat to see if I fit last time we went to Universal. Everyone was watching, and it was super embarrassing. I don't want to go through that again.

Edited by Violet_

11 hours ago, heartofmercury said:

I'm losing so slow...like a pound a week. I also messed up and ate too much this weekend at a restaurant. My throat felt like it was on fire and I had the foamies.

All in all, I've had a relatively easy time after surgery. I'm still so happy I had this surgery. I'm still learning lessons and taking it a day at a time.

How have you been@SuziDavis?

I have been good! definitely still learning how to handle the new stomach and navigate new eating habits. I am losing a little slower than I though I would too. but, as long as I am losing, I am happy.

Two months later I feel good! Anyone else happy with their un restricted bladder?
Down 46lbs and 33 inches. I have a online food coach, Steph Wagner, she has tips and tricks that have been so useful.
The scale didn’t move in today’s weight in but I lost inches.

I have been good! definitely still learning how to handle the new stomach and navigate new eating habits. I am losing a little slower than I though I would too. but, as long as I am losing, I am happy.
Same here! As long as the scale is going down I'm happy.

Isn't it funny how we can do all of the research and ask all the questions before surgery and it still takes going through it to figure it out? [emoji1] I'm glad to hear you're doing well!

Two months later I feel good! Anyone else happy with their un restricted bladder?
Down 46lbs and 33 inches. I have a online food coach, Steph Wagner, she has tips and tricks that have been so useful.
The scale didn’t move in today’s weight in but I lost inches.
I enjoy not having to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom!

@KilyL happy birthday 🎈
try body project on utube for a home work out.

On 10/17/2022 at 12:21 PM, SuziDavis said:

How are all my August buddies doing?

Howdy! I've been so busy enjoying this new freedom called get up and MOVE! :D I have joined a fun dance group called Body Groove and it is a fantastic way of getting up and get moving with low impact. It's an app you can download on your TV and dance along. Overall I have been able to resume normal eating, but the raw food are still kinda iffy. I think I'll wait awhile before introducing salads. I need to stay focused on Protein and hydration. With my morning Protein Drink (coffee replacement) and adding Liquid Protein to my Water, I haven't had any issues with meeting my protein requirements. I find more than anything is that I'm tired. I was successfully able to give blood and my Iron count was 13.5 so I know my nutrients and supplements are absorbing. I go for my 3 month checkup soon and they'll be analyzing my blood labs a bit closer. Constipation is a real issue. even though I take a Dulcolax chew about once a week, I think I'm gonna have to up it to every other day. Suppositories work real well, but I hate when it has had to get that far. I also started drinking a green smoothie most days to get in my trace minerals in wheat grass powder, veggies, and adaptogens from mushrooms. Anyone else try Ka'Chava? I really like it :) My weight stalled around 207/208 for about three weeks but I dropped a considerable amount of inches. So far I am staying within the healthy weight loss bracket. I'm anxious to post my Onederland scale picture soon!!FB_IMG_1663800886447.thumb.jpg.b6fc6c01ebb86a2bba057856cadd0365.jpg

On 10/17/2022 at 3:15 PM, KikyL said:

Very good, Iast week was my bday had to Celebrate it with coconut Water while everybody was having mojitos, sangrias, beer, rum, etc. My friends, family and coworkers went out of the way to get me some kind of "cake" that I can eat (no flour, no sugar) they did a great job find it alternatives, even though i could only eat a little bit.

A non scale victory: dropped 2 sizes of clothing, right now buying panties and bra online, cuz everything is to big. My doctor says everything is fine, have an appointment with him on November I´m expected to lose 12lbs by that time.

Do any of you have a recommendation of a youtube channel/app for low impact home exercise, still don´t feel comfortable going to the gym, and I don´t have a buddy or family in the city where I work to go with.

I have joined Body Groove and it is awesome! You can't do it wrong! If you have a smart TV you can find the app or they advertise on FB I believe. Super easy and not expensive. I have really enjoyed just getting back in touch with my body and moving. It is low impact and I'm really enjoying the benefits :)

12 hours ago, I Am Enough! said:

Howdy! I've been so busy enjoying this new freedom called get up and MOVE! :D I have joined a fun dance group called Body Groove and it is a fantastic way of getting up and get moving with low impact. It's an app you can download on your TV and dance along. Overall I have been able to resume normal eating, but the raw food are still kinda iffy. I think I'll wait awhile before introducing salads. I need to stay focused on Protein and hydration. With my morning Protein Drink (coffee replacement) and adding Liquid Protein to my Water, I haven't had any issues with meeting my Protein requirements. I find more than anything is that I'm tired. I was successfully able to give blood and my Iron count was 13.5 so I know my nutrients and supplements are absorbing. I go for my 3 month checkup soon and they'll be analyzing my blood labs a bit closer. constipation is a real issue. even though I take a Dulcolax chew about once a week, I think I'm gonna have to up it to every other day. Suppositories work real well, but I hate when it has had to get that far. I also started drinking a green smoothie most days to get in my trace minerals in wheat grass powder, veggies, and adaptogens from mushrooms. Anyone else try Ka'Chava? I really like it :) My weight stalled around 207/208 for about three weeks but I dropped a considerable amount of inches. So far I am staying within the healthy weight loss bracket. I'm anxious to post my Onederland scale picture soon!!FB_IMG_1663800886447.thumb.jpg.b6fc6c01ebb86a2bba057856cadd0365.jpg

That chart gives me hope, I am 34.8 lbs. down since surgery... So I hit my 3 month goal at 2 months!

I just hit 50.5 pounds lost total, 36.4 since my bypass. I feel like my weight loss is slow but oh well. Nausea is finally waning and zero dumping! My taste buds have changed dramatically and I crave savory foods over sweet. My labs are great and my A1C is 5.1. It’s never been that low! Feeling pretty good!

I just hit 50.5 pounds lost total, 36.4 since my bypass. I feel like my weight loss is slow but oh well. Nausea is finally waning and zero dumping! My taste buds have changed dramatically and I crave savory foods over sweet. My labs are great and my A1C is 5.1. It’s never been that low! Feeling pretty good!

Way to go!

Well I’m down 50lb, and feeling wonderful. Only thing is I cannot eat according to what I was told. Same with liquids. I crave very cold Water and ice pops. I recently started fruits like grapes and pineapple. But other than that I’m stuck with one egg and 2 meatballs max. Health benefits are worth it though. I’m down to a large loosely. Be encouraged everyone and we must learn and maintain discipline.

Hi guys. Today I’m exactly 2 months out and wanted to give you all an update! I’ve lost 43lbs. Since my revision to sleeve. And 23 inches all around. This is so much faster than I ever lost with my lapband. I still have an aversion to certain flavors and I can only drink my Protein Shake if its in coffee. On its own it sends me running to the bathroom. Which is weird. My dr told me to stop drinking the Protein Shakes anyway and that I should start getting my Proteins only from meals. I think I’ll be able to do that even though I can usually only fit about 4 ounces (we’ll see) the problem is that I’m not really a cook or kitchen person so I find myself eating the same things over and over and then making myself sick of them. This in turn means I’m quickly running out of choices.

I weirdly can’t see the changes in my body but I know that they’re there because I’d definitely fit differently in my clothes and differently into seats and things like that. But the body dysmorphia is real y’all! I usually take pictures at every month anniversary and when I look back at what I looked like from the beginning to now, I still feel like I look the same—which again is weird because I thought that the pictures were supposed to show me that I actually am losing weight but oh well. Luckily I have a therapist, so I think I’m gonna bring this up at my therapy session tomorrow. I don’t come on here often, but I do read every single comment that gets posted so I really do appreciate people continuing to post here and talk about how they’re doing…it makes you feel a little less lonely, so thanks!

39 minutes ago, karakent said:

Hi guys. Today I’m exactly 2 months out and wanted to give you all an update! I’ve lost 43lbs. Since my revision to sleeve. And 23 inches all around. This is so much faster than I ever lost with my lapband. I still have an aversion to certain flavors and I can only drink my Protein Shake if its in coffee. On its own it sends me running to the bathroom. Which is weird. My dr told me to stop drinking the Protein Shakes anyway and that I should start getting my Proteins only from meals. I think I’ll be able to do that even though I can usually only fit about 4 ounces (we’ll see) the problem is that I’m not really a cook or kitchen person so I find myself eating the same things over and over and then making myself sick of them. This in turn means I’m quickly running out of choices.

I weirdly can’t see the changes in my body but I know that they’re there because I’d definitely fit differently in my clothes and differently into seats and things like that. But the body dysmorphia is real y’all! I usually take pictures at every month anniversary and when I look back at what I looked like from the beginning to now, I still feel like I look the same—which again is weird because I thought that the pictures were supposed to show me that I actually am losing weight but oh well. Luckily I have a therapist, so I think I’m gonna bring this up at my therapy session tomorrow. I don’t come on here often, but I do read every single comment that gets posted so I really do appreciate people continuing to post here and talk about how they’re doing…it makes you feel a little less lonely, so thanks!

I am 8 weeks out as well. I've lost 29 pounds but can't see it at all, either. I am down about a size, though. I'm not too worried about body dysmorphia yet. I'll be concerned if I lose all the weight I'm shooting for and still think I am fat. I had a roommate in college exactly like that, in the days before we knew what eating disorders were.

I was stalled for 3 weeks, then lost 5, now stalled again. Frustrating, but I guess normal. I agree it's helpful to have others going through the same process. I spend a lot of time here and on Reddit.