Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

I feel like I had something similar. I had excruciating pain. I was clammy. No fever. I was at a med spa and the nurse told me to go to the ER. I thought maybe I overdid something, tore something. Turned out I had a UTI.

Edited by Shnuffy83
Supposed to have replied to the previous comment 🤷🏼‍♀️

Well, today was my 1 month weigh in. I was at 297.5. I don't actually know my day of surgery weight, they didn't weigh me and I didn't have a scale. I was 325 a week after I started my 3 week pre-op liquid diet. 310 one week after surgery. So 27.5 lbs lost since August 6. I've always hated the scale, my whole life losing weight has been very slow, no matter what. I'm always the most compliant dieter, weigh and measure everything. Drink lots of plain Water, exercise a lot. I'd hoped maybe getting bypass would change that. Guess not.

Once again I'm doing absolutely everything perfectly, been in touch with my nutritionist frequently to share my food diary and he says I'm on track. I know it's a marathon not a sprint, I just stupidly thought/hoped maybe THIS time I wouldn't have to fight every pound off so hard.

I swore I wasn't going to get upset after crying all day after my week 1 weigh in, but here I sit just a puddle. I did still go for my morning 35 minute walk, I'm swimming this afternoon for 30 minutes and I'll walk again for 30 minutes later tonight. All my food is planned and prepped for the day. It's all I can do. ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, ShelbyGeorge29 said:

Well, today was my 1 month weigh in. I was at 297.5. I don't actually know my day of surgery weight, they didn't weigh me and I didn't have a scale. I was 325 a week after I started my 3 week pre-op liquid diet. 310 one week after surgery. So 27.5 lbs lost since August 6. I've always hated the scale, my whole life losing weight has been very slow, no matter what. I'm always the most compliant dieter, weigh and measure everything. Drink lots of plain Water, exercise a lot. I'd hoped maybe getting bypass would change that. Guess not.

Once again I'm doing absolutely everything perfectly, been in touch with my nutritionist frequently to share my food diary and he says I'm on track. I know it's a marathon not a sprint, I just stupidly thought/hoped maybe THIS time I wouldn't have to fight every pound off so hard.

I swore I wasn't going to get upset after crying all day after my week 1 weigh in, but here I sit just a puddle. I did still go for my morning 35 minute walk, I'm swimming this afternoon for 30 minutes and I'll walk again for 30 minutes later tonight. All my food is planned and prepped for the day. It's all I can do. ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I think we have all been there. Stalls are really normal the first month. I spent most of my first month in a stall and it had me doubting everything. But then it broke and I started losing. As long as the numbers are going down... that is all that matters.

4 minutes ago, ShelbyGeorge29 said:

I know what you mean. My weight loss has been very slow and I've stalled for 2 weeks. I'm finally losing again, but at a rate of about 1 to 2 lbs a week. I've only lost a total of 15 lbs since my surgery almost 6 weeks ago and 8 of it was in the first week after surgery when I could barely get liquids in. I guess 1 to 2 lbs a week is normal, but I had hoped for the rapid weight loss that I kept seeing during my Google searches for the surgery.

Hey team! I wanted to share this chart I found. It shows the natural progression of wright loss after surgery based on your starting weight. I thought I wasn't losing enough, but come to find out, I'm within the healthy range of wright loss as scheduled. Hope this helps provide a guide 😊

FB_IMG_1663800886447.jpg

I think I'm going to just weigh myself once a month, if that. I can't go through this every week. I've been feeling so energetic and fabulous this week, and this weigh in has just crushed me. I really thought I mentally prepared myself for disappointing results, but it's clear I haven't. My poor husband!

I also am not losing as fast as I would like. Focus on your habits and the results will happen. My cousin who had this surgery several years ago said that it was frustrating for her for a long time and then one day she realized that she had lost 100 pounds. Trust the process and congrats on the weight lost so far!

So my first week big loss… next three weeks stall… they suggested I up my calories and protein… now I gained! 🤦🏽‍♀️

This is really frustrating! Im tracking everything - weigh and measure every bite.

I’m hoping there’s going to come a point where my body just gets it together and everything clicks… I’m just wondering when that will be.

Right now I’m feeling very bloated and constipated (things moving, but slowly).

4 hours ago, LookingForward22 said:

So my first week big loss… next three weeks stall… they suggested I up my calories and protein… now I gained! 🤦🏽‍♀️

This is really frustrating! Im tracking everything - weigh and measure every bite.

I’m hoping there’s going to come a point where my body just gets it together and everything clicks… I’m just wondering when that will be.

Right now I’m feeling very bloated and constipated (things moving, but slowly).

With the gain and being bloated/constipated keep in mind, your body can hold up to about 10lbs of 💩.

So right now you could literally be quite full of 💩. 😅

1 hour ago, SHORTY_ said:

With the gain and being bloated/constipated keep in mind, your body can hold up to about 10lbs of 💩.

So right now you could literally be quite full of 💩. 😅

Always best to weigh AFTER your :70_poop: 😎 Makes a BIG difference!

Hey team! I wanted to share this chart I found. It shows the natural progression of wright loss after surgery based on your starting weight. I thought I wasn't losing enough, but come to find out, I'm within the healthy range of wright loss as scheduled. Hope this helps provide a guide [emoji4]
FB_IMG_1663800886447.thumb.jpg.b6fc6c01ebb86a2bba057856cadd0365.jpg
Thank you for providing this! I'm saving it for reference!

Hi everyone.
I found this forum from a friend. I had to have emergency Gastric Sleeve surgery on 25th August as my hiatus had been strangling my stomach. Part of my stomach had died or diseased he said, it was all a blur for me. Anyway it was another kick I needed for weight loss help. I had been going to gym 4 days a week for a month prior to help me loose weight. So on surgery day I weighed in at 103kgs. I didn’t get the chance to do any pre op I have read. I was basically thrown in the deep end. I’ve been on liquid diet since surgery and still could not tolerate soft puréed foods unless it was able to go through a straw. Today ihad to go back for surgery as I had stricture from the hiatus repair and the sleeve done. They removed some scarring and ballooned my oesophagus. So I’m on liquid diets for another week the dr said.
I am over the “smoothies”. And puréed fruits/soups. Is this normal?

Hello everyone. I had gastric sleeve surgery on 8/2/22. So far so good.

4 hours ago, Char V said:

Hi everyone.
I found this forum from a friend. I had to have emergency Gastric Sleeve surgery on 25th August as my hiatus had been strangling my stomach. Part of my stomach had died or diseased he said, it was all a blur for me. Anyway it was another kick I needed for weight loss help. I had been going to gym 4 days a week for a month prior to help me loose weight. So on surgery day I weighed in at 103kgs. I didn’t get the chance to do any pre op I have read. I was basically thrown in the deep end. I’ve been on liquid diet since surgery and still could not tolerate soft puréed foods unless it was able to go through a straw. Today ihad to go back for surgery as I had stricture from the hiatus repair and the sleeve done. They removed some scarring and ballooned my oesophagus. So I’m on liquid diets for another week the dr said.
I am over the “smoothies”. And puréed fruits/soups. Is this normal?

Unfortunately nothing about your process sounds normal. Does your surgeon have a nutritionist on their team? In your situation I would work closely with your team and follow their advice and not the advice from internet strangers. Best of luck to you!