Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

2 hours ago, ShelbyGeorge29 said:

My program wants us to wait a year on coffee. It seems from groups online there's lots of people that drink a ton of it.

I have read that it can cause or exacerbate ulcers years down the road. There's a woman on FB who posted about how she didn't take her Vitamins, kept smoking, drank coffee, etc. and was fine until 5ish years later she had ulcers explode and a bunch of debilitating and disabling health issues, to the point of being on a feeding tube, in a wheelchair with a stoma bag fortherest ofher life. Lost a foot too. Scared the crap out of me!

For me, since I haven't had any coffee in a month I'm going to stick to my herbal Decaf tea. It's crazy to me bc I was a huge black coffee/espresso drinker.

Does your program say what they recommend on coffee?

My doctor said to limit caffeine intake to about 16 oz a day. They recommended Decaf, but are ok with regular.

5 hours ago, Denise7M7 said:

I started the soft food phase this morning and I have never been that fond of eggs, but the scrambled ones I had this morning were SO GOOD. First semi solid food I’ve had and it was nice to chew something again! I probably ate 1.5 eggs and seem to be doing fine.

Yes, I remember that first scrambled egg. It was sooo delicious. Congrats on being in the soft food phase.

I can only eat one scrambled egg at a time, still, so you're lucky.

7 minutes ago, Muffinman1119 said:

My doctor said to limit caffeine intake to about 16 oz a day. They recommended Decaf, but are ok with regular.

Is that only coffee, or any drinks with caffeine?

I was under the impression that we should avoid soft drinks (soda) and anything with bubbles for at least a month and possibly forever. I have never liked coffee and don't drink much tea, but I did have a soft spot for Pepsi max and other sugar free sodas. But I haven't had any since the surgery.

I realise this is a good opportunity to quit for good, but I miss it. I could stay off alcohol indefinitely, that doesn't bother me.

coffee or Tea. Soda is a no go obviously. I’ve been off soda for almost two months now (sleeved 7/27/22).

26 minutes ago, Sunnyer said:

Is that only coffee, or any drinks with caffeine?

I was under the impression that we should avoid soft drinks (soda) and anything with bubbles for at least a month and possibly forever. I have never liked coffee and don't drink much tea, but I did have a soft spot for Pepsi max and other sugar free sodas. But I haven't had any since the surgery.

I realise this is a good opportunity to quit for good, but I miss it. I could stay off alcohol indefinitely, that doesn't bother me.

I was told to avoid all caffeine for good.

Ladies, have any of you gotten your period since WLS. I think I’’m dying! Lol. I’m exaggerating of course but I am in sooooo much pain! I have not pain this bad since high school! I am taking Tylenol and using my heating pad but it does not feel like enough!

20 minutes ago, karakent said:

Ladies, have any of you gotten your period since WLS. I think I’’m dying! Lol. I’m exaggerating of course but I am in sooooo much pain! I have not pain this bad since high school! I am taking Tylenol and using my heating pad but it does not feel like enough!

I have, the 2nd week after surgery was brutal. I was basically doing the same. Hope Flow doesn't last too long for you!

5 hours ago, Sunnyer said:

Yes, I remember that first scrambled egg. It was sooo delicious. Congrats on being in the soft food phase.

I can only eat one scrambled egg at a time, still, so you're lucky.

How do cook them? I'm wary about oil or butter.

38 minutes ago, AliceFD said:

I cook them on a non stick pan with a tiny bit of oil.

I tried a soft boiled egg yesterday, but for some reason it didn't agree with me, although I tried to chew as much as I could. I couldn't even finish the whole egg and I ended up throwing part of it up. So it's back to scrambled.

Good morning from broiling hot San Diego (100+ temps twice this week)!

The scale finally decided to move a pound after a 4-day standstill. See, I knew it would show up eventually. :)

Tomorrow is exciting because I have some real foods planned now that I can have soft foods. Vegetarian tuna salad + broccoli. Low-fat cottage cheese + peaches. Scrambled eggs + cantaloupe. All fruit skinless and mashed. Broccoli well steamed and mashed.

I'm getting in plenty of activity with moving prep (under 3 weeks until the movers come) with regular breaks as I can't stand long thanks to a mobility disability. Doing what I can but not overdoing it.

Edited by suzecate

So I got my period yesterday and I am struggling. Today I had a cup of broccoli cheddar Soup and grabbed a bag of Cheetos and sucked the cheese out and threw the Cheetos away. It took me about 30 minutes with the soup but I ate it all and I thought I was gonna be satisfied with like have but nope. Here I am hungry and wanting more food. I have not been able to tolerate Protein Shakes anymore. They give me nausea and stomach pain. I’m not even supposed to be on purée until tomorrow. I’m just wanting some real food. I feel mad at myself for eating the entire cup of soup and then hours later the Cheetos that even tho i didn’t eat the Cheetos I am sure the sodium I just consume is going to hurt that scale tomorrow.

On 09/03/2022 at 21:18, AliceFD said:

Very little butter in the bottom of a non stick pan. Could use some kind of non stick spray, I suppose.

Hello Everyone I’m Back Post Op my Surgery date was August 31st I feel great my Surgeon was Amazing she is one of the Top Docs in NYC I didn’t need pain medication after I left I had a two day stay My only Issues is getting in my H20 so now I’m trying to do at least 3 oz every 15 minutes between meals. Has anyone had to take injections to reduce blood clots? I have to take them twice Daily I am Severely Anemic not sure if that has anything to do with it but I hate needles and having to inject myself is NO BUENO other than that I have a lot of energy I have to stop myself from doing to much and let my body heal I’m used to always being on the go. also my sleep pattern is off I have to get into a nighttime routine I only sis one weigh in I will step on the scale Wednesday it will be one full week

On 9/3/2022 at 8:34 AM, Emilyjaguar said:

Im 3 weeks post op and yall I am dying for COFFEE!!!! Has anyone drank any? What would happen if i do

I drank coffee a week after surgery or so... It didn't upset my stomach at all. I used to drink it black, but decided to start doing a half Protein Shake in my coffee now.