Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

On 08/27/2022 at 06:28, Fresh2022 said:

I made it guys! Sleeved on 8/25, felt icky in the recovery room, but luckily no major nausea since. I stayed overnight and was released last night. Very sore and it’s been a challenge drinking. Now cleared to do Protein Shakes along with other clear stuff. Up 4 lbs from surgery weight, but chalking it up to Fluid retention. Definitely not as bad as I expected. Hope everyone is doing well!

So glad all went well! Was thinking of you

Good morning from bed, next to my sweet pibble mix (who finally got her fill of cuddles)!

Yesterday went really well. I had to set timers and plan carefully, but I hit both my Protein and Water target. I’m so-so on the Protein Shake taste, but I really like the puréed Soups I got (3 flavors).

I lost 2 pounds in the last day, so I’m nearly back down to my weight on Monday morning before surgery (I had a lot of water retention… still a little puffy but getting there). Tomorrow I may hit a low for the year, then it’s all down from there. :)

I finally got to have yogurt this morning and it was so good! Glad to have made it to the full liquids stage!

Good morning from bed, next to my sweet pibble mix (who finally got her fill of cuddles)!

Yesterday went really well. I had to set timers and plan carefully, but I hit both my Protein and Water target. I’m so-so on the Protein Shake taste, but I really like the puréed Soups I got (3 flavors).

I lost 2 pounds in the last day, so I’m nearly back down to my weight on Monday morning before surgery (I had a lot of water retention… still a little puffy but getting there). Tomorrow I may hit a low for the year, then it’s all down from there. :)
I'm so happy to hear you're doing well and already hitting your goals!

Hi Connie. I hope you can get my message. I would love to follow your journey because I too had my surgery the same day as you but unfortunately I am having issues with this app

Hi. I just joined this app less than an hour ago. Still trying to figure out how it works. I’m trying to connect with August people. I had a VSG on the 17th. I started in at 296 and am currently at 275. Female 5’4”. Im 55. Hoping to have a new me by next summer! I am a widow but too young not to have fun the rest of my life so im ready for this journey. I wish everyone well

Hello

Hello

On 8/26/2022 at 3:30 PM, brenergonc said:

so, as of now, i am not taking any Vitamin supplements whatsoever, and i'm 10 days post op.

my surgeon says that 4 weeks after the surgery, i'll have to do a blood test to see what i'm lacking then to suplement it.

i have no issue with that, it's very rational imo, but i've never heard it be done that way in forums or YouTube videos. everyone just talks about how important it is to take the supplements, yet here am i not taking a single pill, and i'm doing well.

is anyone experiencing / has experienced this same protocol?

I was supposed to start Vitamin supplements this week, but I have such a hard time taking my blood pressure meds that I don't want to add any meds. Also, I wanted to see how puréed food agreed with me, without the effect of additional pills.

So far, it's been going ok. I guess I will have to start taking supplements next week. Not excited about taking more pills, since my current meds make me gag and sometimes vomit.

On 08/26/2022 at 11:30, brenergonc said:

so, as of now, i am not taking any Vitamin supplements whatsoever, and i'm 10 days post op.

my surgeon says that 4 weeks after the surgery, i'll have to do a blood test to see what i'm lacking then to suplement it.

i have no issue with that, it's very rational imo, but i've never heard it be done that way in forums or YouTube videos. everyone just talks about how important it is to take the supplements, yet here am i not taking a single pill, and i'm doing well.

is anyone experiencing / has experienced this same protocol?

In my program I started my multi, Vitamin b & d but I’m suppose to wait until my blood work and followup to start my Calcium.

I know I have low D, I was taking the B before my bariatric consult and I started the multi before my surgery (with ok) to make sure I could tolerate it.

On 08/27/2022 at 19:27, Sunnyer said:

I was supposed to start Vitamin supplements this week, but I have such a hard time taking my blood pressure meds that I don't want to add any meds. Also, I wanted to see how puréed food agreed with me, without the effect of additional pills.

So far, it's been going ok. I guess I will have to start taking supplements next week. Not excited about taking more pills, since my current meds make me gag and sometimes vomit.

Can you tolerate a chewable Vitamin? Sometimes when I take too many pills it makes me feel really nauseous so I switched awhile back to BariMelts chewable supplements. It’s really helped me stay on track with taking my Vitamins. You might try them. I take the Multivitamin with Iron, Calcium, Biotin, probiotic, and B12. (If you decide to order them, use code Kimh20 to get 20% off.)

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am. I’m an early riser so it’s no big deal. I’m feeling a little nervous and hoping everything goes well with my hiatal hernia repair and then the RNY. I hear the recovery from the hernia repair is pretty rough so I’m dreading that. I’m nervous but ready to get this show on the road!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻😁

Good luck! Sending you good vibes! You’re going to do great!

Anyone who has had the surgery gotten a strange stitch in their side? Its not the incision its deeper inside. Painful to yawn or breathe really deeply.

Also, anyone else get random hiccups. Like just one when nothing has happened to cause it. Like this morning I woke up, had 1 hiccup and then winced because it hurt my side. I don’t really have gas pain anymore and I’m doing my walking, staying hydrated and taking in my Protein regular. Not many issues there.

btw its my left side.