Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

15 hours ago, Emilyjaguar said:

How is your liquid diet going!? Im on day 2 and it is not well for me. Ive stuck to it but I am SICK.

It's going... It's boring and I don't love sweet drinks, so I try to have a cup of broth in place of a Protein Shake here and there. The numbers on the scale keep going down though, so I am happy about that.

15 hours ago, Emilyjaguar said:

Im on day 2 of my liquid diet and i am SICK. Diarrhea and now chicken broth sounds so nasty like I will throw up if I eat it. Not sure I will make it through this.

It will all be worth it.

im 2 weeks post surgery and scale is going very slow. For instance, last week i was stuck at same number for a week. Sunday i was down 3 pounds but now again im at the same number since Sunday! its so frustrating! i barely eat 300 cal a day! anyone know if im doing something wrong??

17 hours ago, Emilyjaguar said:

How is your liquid diet going!? Im on day 2 and it is not well for me. Ive stuck to it but I am SICK.

The clear liquid diet has been a bit harder than the full liquid diet. Being limited to 5 Protein Drinks a day but unlimited sf Jello, popsicles, and broth. However, in the past 4 days, I have lost another 6 pounds. I had gained back up to 234 before my pre-op appointment eating things that I shouldn't have. But I wanted to say goodbye to them for awhile 🤪Mind food cravings are real! But that's just it, they are in your mind.

Drinking all the Water and drinks and unlimited free foods definitely will keep you full. Chewing gum when you HAVE to give your jaw something to do has been helpful to me. The biggest challenges I have experienced on the clear liquid diet is the caffeine headache (which is better today, but not gone) and seeing any kind of food posts on social media. I believe I'm going to stay off social media for a while because it's too tempting and a constant reminder of what I cannot have right now. I have also noticed that some things make me feel like I'm in my first trimester again - smells and textures around food that I can't eat have been bothering me. It's like I want to crawl into a little bubble and not see, taste, smell, or feel anything that I can't have. 🤣I am on my 5th day of the Clear Liquids and it is getting better. I know I can do this! You can too :D I hope it gets better for you soon too!

1 hour ago, SuziDavis said:

It's going... It's boring and I don't love sweet drinks, so I try to have a cup of broth in place of a Protein Shake here and there. The numbers on the scale keep going down though, so I am happy about that.

It is pretty amazing how fast pounds melt off in this pre-op diet! Today has been one fo the first days in a looooong time that I actually felt lighter. I need to take some body measurements to track that progress too :) Love the broth!

1 hour ago, Rechele said:

im 2 weeks post surgery and scale is going very slow. For instance, last week i was stuck at same number for a week. Sunday i was down 3 pounds but now again im at the same number since Sunday! its so frustrating! i barely eat 300 cal a day! anyone know if im doing something wrong??

We're almost exactly the same starting/current weight but I'm a couple weeks ahead of you. I only weigh once a week for my own mental health but I'm going on 3 weeks at the same weight. It's normal. Just keep doing what you're doing, search for "stall" in posts here, you're doing great! With a lower BMI to start we aren't going to see the type of numbers others will post.

I do wonder if you are consuming enough. 300 kcal sounds very low, but your team should be able to advise on it.

40 minutes ago, I Am Enough! said:

It is pretty amazing how fast pounds melt off in this pre-op diet! Today has been one fo the first days in a looooong time that I actually felt lighter. I need to take some body measurements to track that progress too :) Love the broth!

Yes! I am going to measure everything the day before surgery. I put together a binder to track everything. I found a cute printout(who even am I 😂) for all the milestones, Water intake, meals, steps etc. on Esty. Figured anything will help to stay focused and excited.

HI! August 25th over here! Roux en Y. I am 6 days into pre-op full liquid diet. Day 1-3 was psychotic. I am feeling much better now and down 8 lbs since I started liquids. I hope everyone else is focused on themselves and getting ready for their second birthday! You GOT THIS!

1 minute ago, Lolo77 said:

HI! August 25th over here! Roux en Y. I am 6 days into pre-op full liquid diet. Day 1-3 was psychotic. I am feeling much better now and down 8 lbs since I started liquids. I hope everyone else is focused on themselves and getting ready for their second birthday! You GOT THIS!

Yes absolutely agree! The first few days are difficult, then it gets much better. Hang in there - you can do this! ❤️

Day 3 of pre-op diet (5 more to go). I’m down 10 pounds since staring the pre-op diet (62 total since I started trying to loose weight last year).

Today was the first time I really “saw” weight loss in myself. My clothing have been looser, but I hadn’t noticed obvious body changes until this morning.

It hit me - there’s going to be a lot of skin.. lol. Already getting some “wings”, but honestly I don’t mind it’s a badge of accomplishment at this point. I’ve earned those wings. 🤣

Today is the first day I have felt actual hunger, but I’ve been more active today than the last two days and it wasn’t bad, the Protein Shake helped. I also was around food and ok… but I have to stay off FB and avoid ads…. Those pictures kill me!!

My plan is to get all my requirements in (shakes, juice, water) and if I feel like I need something more I’ll add in broth, jello… or one of the other allowed “free foods” to tide me over.

I’m hoping I can drop at least another 11 or 12 lbs before Tuesday. That would put me in a really good position to get under the 300 lb mark before the end of the month and I have seen the scale point to anything in the 200’s in a looong time. I’m almost as excited to hit that number as I am to get to onederland! Lol. Now that will be a celebration!!

Hi everyone, I’m on day 6 of my liquid pre op diet. It’s going ok but I cannot eat Soups they all taste gross and broths make me throw up. Do I have to eat them?

Hi everyone, I hope it's ok for me to be here. I just had my gastric sleeve yesterday. I had it done locally, so I'm back at home already. Trying to adjust to the liquid diet.

Did everyone have to do a liquid diet before surgery? I did not. I just had to lose seven pounds before the surgery, which I did without going on a special diet. They suggested that people could do low carb or a diet with mostly crisp bread and lean, Protein rich toppings, but that was just a suggestion and liquid diets were never mentioned.

So, I'm trying a liquid diet for the first time today. Yesterday, post surgery, I drank Water and gatorade at the hospital. Today, at home, I have had gatorade, water, chicken broth and propud. I have occasional pain, but I haven't thrown up since yesterday. I've read that people don't feel hungry after bariatric surgery, but I do feel hungry and I wonder if it's because I didn't do the liquid diet before the surgery.

48 minutes ago, Connie88 said:

Hi everyone, I’m on day 6 of my liquid pre op diet. It’s going ok but I cannot eat Soups they all taste gross and broths make me throw up. Do I have to eat them?

No. definitely not! maybe try some different Protein Shakes for flavor. I also got some really good "Cold Water Infusion" tea bags... really helps with the water.

30 minutes ago, Sunnyer said:

Hi everyone, I hope it's ok for me to be here. I just had my gastric sleeve yesterday. I had it done locally, so I'm back at home already. Trying to adjust to the liquid diet.

Did everyone have to do a liquid diet before surgery? I did not. I just had to lose seven pounds before the surgery, which I did without going on a special diet. They suggested that people could do low carb or a diet with mostly crisp bread and lean, Protein rich toppings, but that was just a suggestion and liquid diets were never mentioned.

So, I'm trying a liquid diet for the first time today. Yesterday, post surgery, I drank Water and gatorade at the hospital. Today, at home, I have had gatorade, Water, chicken broth and propud. I have occasional pain, but I haven't thrown up since yesterday. I've read that people don't feel hungry after bariatric surgery, but I do feel hungry and I wonder if it's because I didn't do the liquid diet before the surgery.

Many people will have to complete a portion of their pre-op diet on liquids. I had to do two days, but I've seen others who did multiple weeks of liquid.

1 hour ago, Muffinman1119 said:

Many people will have to complete a portion of their pre-op diet on liquids. I had to do two days, but I've seen others who did multiple weeks of liquid.

Do you think it makes it easier for them to do the liquid diet afterwards, since they have practice, so to speak? I'm doing ok, but as I said I do feel somewhat hungry and I also have heartburn on and off. Right now, I can only drink Water, as everything else gives me heartburn.