Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

24 minutes ago, Dogmom68 said:

Some of you may already know my surgery got pushed from 8/8 to 8/29 due to an insurance authorization issue. My doctor and surgery scheduler are working hard to try to get me approved for the hiatal hernia repair/ bypass. My insurance said it wasn’t medically necessary. So after already doing one week of pre-op liquid diet I get to start over around the 15th! I also have to have an upper GI to document the hernia. Fun fun! Please keep your fingers crossed that I can get through this!🤞🏻😊

I am also having hernia repair with my bypass. How ridiculous that your insurance says it isn't medically necessary. I only have a medium sized hiatal hernia and I am in a lot of pain most days and have to sleep in a mostly upright position. I've seen medical journals state that the most effective way to keep the hernia from coming back is to have bypass with the hernia repair.

My surgery is scheduled for the 19th. I hope you get insurance approval and can get yours done on 8/29.

I saw someone post about non scale victories after the surgery and I am hoping that one of mine will be that I can bend over without throwing up!

Some of you may already know my surgery got pushed from 8/8 to 8/29 due to an insurance authorization issue. My doctor and surgery scheduler are working hard to try to get me approved for the hiatal hernia repair/ bypass. My insurance said it wasn’t medically necessary. So after already doing one week of pre-op liquid diet I get to start over around the 15th! I also have to have an upper GI to document the hernia. Fun fun! Please keep your fingers crossed that I can get through this![emoji1695][emoji4]

I'm so sorry your surgery got delayed. Also, that's a bummer that you already started on the liquid diet too. I hope they get it figured out fast!

i second @heartofmercury’s sentiment. Today I begin liquids. I just know days 1-3 are going to be hard because I’ll likely get a headache from all the sugar and bad stuff leaving my system. Anyone else experience headaches?

Starting my liquids today also. I tried tapering off sugar and caffeine leading up to today, hoping that helps. Hope that things go smoothly for you.

Best of luck to all those having their surgery this week!

On 08/05/2022 at 12:13, Dogmom68 said:

Some of you may already know my surgery got pushed from 8/8 to 8/29 due to an insurance authorization issue. My doctor and surgery scheduler are working hard to try to get me approved for the hiatal hernia repair/ bypass. My insurance said it wasn’t medically necessary. So after already doing one week of pre-op liquid diet I get to start over around the 15th! I also have to have an upper GI to document the hernia. Fun fun! Please keep your fingers crossed that I can get through this!🤞🏻😊

I’m sorry you got delayed.

Hopefully you hear back soon with good news!

On 08/03/2022 at 20:29, JellyBeanz said:

I'm on day 10 of 21 days of liver shrinking diet. Last night I started dreaming about food. This is pure savagery. Can't they just put me in an induced coma and hook me up to a drip? Sigh.

That gave me a chuckle… how are things going? I see we are both getting sleeved the same day (16th). It will be here before ya know it!

8 lbs down since starting my Pre Op Diet, 14+ down since a month ago! 9 days left to keep it up!

On 08/08/2022 at 11:38, SuziDavis said:

8 lbs down since starting my Pre Op Diet, 14+ down since a month ago! 9 days left to keep it up!

Congrats on the loss! You are doing great!

9 minutes ago, LookingForward22 said:

Congrats on the loss! You are doing great!

Thank you!

It's definitely hard at work, everyone in my department love ordering in lunch everyday. But worth the results!

On 08/05/2022 at 11:13, Dogmom68 said:

Soo I am on the phone with insurance now. Trying to understand why? This same thing happened to me and my surgeon will not do the sleeve with out repairing the hernia. Today was my surgery day 8-08 :(

On 08/08/2022 at 13:01, Michelle1.0 said:

Soo I am on the phone with insurance now. Trying to understand why? This same thing happened to me and my surgeon will not do the sleeve with out repairing the hernia. Today was my surgery day 8-08 :(

I’m so sorry, I hope you get a clear answer and there is a simply resolution so that you can move forward.

8 hours ago, LookingForward22 said:

That gave me a chuckle… how are things going? I see we are both getting sleeved the same day (16th). It will be here before ya know it!

Twins! I have good days and bad days. This 21 days of hell culminates in 3 days of extra strict starvation so I have that to look forward to. I'm feeling pretty good from a mental perspective. I've really thought hard about whether this is really what I want to do - and it really is! How are you finding it all?

08/08/2022 06:43 PM, JellyBeanz said:

Twins! I have good days and bad days. This 21 days of hell culminates in 3 days of extra strict starvation so I have that to look forward to. I'm feeling pretty good from a mental perspective. I've really thought hard about whether this is really what I want to do - and it really is! How are you finding it all?

Oh my 21 days! I’m certainly not going to complain about 8 days - you just made this a whole lot easier on me.

So far day 1 has been better than expected. After my 2nd (out of three) Fairlife shakes and about 12 oz of juice - I didn’t think I could take one more sweet sip, so I had some chicken broth. I welcomed the savory. I have one more shake, about 6 oz of juice and 15 oz of Water to go yet today.

No hunger yet - but I think I’ve been to busy running to the potty (it’s a lot of liquids… lol) and focused on hitting my goals to think about it to much.

I told my husband and kids - that if I can make it to day 3 without being cranky I think I can make it till Tuesday. But you making it through 21 day to get to “Goal” I’m inspired and extra motivated!