Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

Covid is gone! So far all my clearances are looking good, so I still have my date of 8/17!

On the plus side, Covid made my appetite decline and pushed me into the pre-op diet. So there's that.

10 minutes ago, SuziDavis said:

Good Luck Today!

Thanks! Surgery was Tuesday, was released yesterday afternoon. No real issues with walking, they were actually really surprised with how I was getting around so well. Right now I'm dealing with a lot of nausea and trouble getting in my Water. I've been so exhausted that I'm having trouble waking up to get some oz in. I feel like my sips (no matter how small) are giving me chest pains. The nurses kept telling me my sips were to big but id take small enough sips just to wet my mouth and it would still cause me sharp pains in my chest. I woke up this morning with both hands and forearms pretty swollen. I have a pretty high pain tolerance so I haven't taken any of the pain medication they prescribed me. I feel like that will only make me more tired and that much harder to get my water intake in.

14 hours ago, JellyBeanz said:

I'm on day 10 of 21 days of liver shrinking diet. Last night I started dreaming about food. This is pure savagery. Can't they just put me in an induced coma and hook me up to a drip? Sigh.

LOLLL!!! why did this remind me when Dr. Now use to put his patients in the hospital to prove to them they can lose the pounds by sticking to the diet and not lying.

You got this!!!

My op is next monday. I m also strugling with my pre op diet and all the temptations coming along!!! I think we may be proud of ourselves!!

Im a little bit nervous now for the op. Am i doing the right thing? What if it goes wrong. Total irrational thoughts!!

I wish you, and all the august buddys the best! We can do it!!

My surgery is also on Monday. My biggest fear is waking up from surgery and the doctor saying “ sorry, couldn’t do it, you failed”. I didn’t lose weight yesterday on my pre op diet and obsessively reviewed my log. I haven’t gone over 1000 cal or 50 carbs at all.
Also, nervous for surgery!!!

Hi everyone! I started my preop liquid diet today. I have a two week one. I’m hoping I make it… we are on vacation with friends this week so it’s hard.

Oooph! That would be hard to be away and try to do that. I’ve been worried about needing to do that soon and honestly i don’t know if i can! But WE will!

Drink drink drink all you can to stay full and when those around you are eating (you’ll be full) probably easier said than done but I’m rooting for ya!!

I'm on day 10 of 21 days of liver shrinking diet. Last night I started dreaming about food. This is pure savagery. Can't they just put me in an induced coma and hook me up to a drip? Sigh.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Thanks for the laugh. I'm on day 4 and I'm tired and cranky so I feel ya.

Hi everyone! I am scheduled for my gastric sleeve for August 17th. I am 5'3" and 230 lbs so the doctor said I need to lose 100 lbs. Honestly I am super nervous and keep having thoughts of excitement but then I think well maybe I will just cancel it. Is it normal to feel this way? I would love to meet other people that are scheduled on the same month or around so we can somewhat do this process together.

Hi Connie88 I'm having my surgery on August 15th very excited on day one of pre opt I made it not as bad as I thought.

Sent from my moto g pure using BariatricPal mobile app

August 3rd gastric bypass. Starting at 370lbs. 6’2.

Some of you may already know my surgery got pushed from 8/8 to 8/29 due to an insurance authorization issue. My doctor and surgery scheduler are working hard to try to get me approved for the hiatal hernia repair/ bypass. My insurance said it wasn’t medically necessary. So after already doing one week of pre-op liquid diet I get to start over around the 15th! I also have to have an upper GI to document the hernia. Fun fun! Please keep your fingers crossed that I can get through this!🤞🏻😊

On 6/22/2022 at 9:55 AM, I Am Enough! said:

Me too! I honestly beleive sometimes I was born in the wrong decade for fashion. I love the pencil skirts and hourglass framed dresses from the 40s, not how women were treated, but the style are amazing! There are shops in my little town that I would love to go in and buy stuff, but I have always been too big. I'm so excited about clothes shopping and watching my progress. I love cute summer dresses and I want so very much to not be ashamed of my bat wings and huge arms. Truly a non-scale victory for me when I get to wear the cute clothes again! :D

I am also looking to wear a pencil skirt, great white shirt (tucked in!!) and heels. That's my dream outfit.