Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

39 minutes ago, Dogmom68 said:

Kudos to you for sticking with your pre-op diet! I understand how difficult it is to stay strong and I feel the same way you do about wanting to eat something different. I’m so sick of Protein Shakes and yogurt I could cry! And I have one week to go. We can do this!!!😁

You got this!!!! UGH I wish I can have yogurt during my pre-op diet.

You guys will finish strong.

5 minutes ago, jenuinelygenuinely said:

You got this!!! You will finish strong. Have you weighed yourself since the pre-op diet?

I have. I'm down 8 lbs since starting it. First 6 days I was losing about .5-1 lb and then I started to stall out. I gained about 1 lb back in Water weight within 3 days then started to see the scale drop again the other day. The scale going up was frustrating considering how few calories we are taking in but I knew what was causing It so didn't let it get to me too much. I know the point of it isn't to lose weight but it is a way of showing our liver is shrinking so I was stepping on the scale daily. I also have a scale that checks other things so it's nice to see those numbers move as well. Day of surgery I will step on the scale one last time for a while. Thanks for all the positive vibes. : )

On 07/29/2022 at 12:11, jenuinelygenuinely said:

That is such a great idea!!! I will be purging the kitchen this weekend!

Hey! How’s the kitchen clear-out going? Anybody else getting prepped and ready? What else have you all bought to prepare for after surgery?

07/29/2022 04:01 PM, SHORTY_ said:

I have. I'm down 8 lbs since starting it. First 6 days I was losing about .5-1 lb and then I started to stall out. I gained about 1 lb back in Water weight within 3 days then started to see the scale drop again the other day. The scale going up was frustrating considering how few calories we are taking in but I knew what was causing It so didn't let it get to me too much. I know the point of it isn't to lose weight but it is a way of showing our liver is shrinking so I was stepping on the scale daily. I also have a scale that checks other things so it's nice to see those numbers move as well. Day of surgery I will step on the scale one last time for a while. Thanks for all the positive vibes. : )

Wow! 8 lbs! I’ve actually gained 2 lbs 🙄 and I’m not sure why considering I’m following instructions for my pre-op! Very frustrating! Maybe my body is just fighting to hold on to weight since I feel like I’m starving. I still hate drinking Protein Shakes and eating yogurt since I don’t know how I’m supposed to lose weight doing that. 🤷🏼‍♀️ If they would just let me eat natural, non-processed, non-artificially sweetened Proteins like egg whites, chicken, ham, etc.. then I know my weight would begin to drop some. Maybe I’ll just call my dietitian on Monday….

On 07/30/2022 at 19:40, Dsrtprtty said:

I’m scheduled for August 18, and I’m the same weight and height as you!!! Would love to have a buddy!!!

Are you talking about Dogmom68?

On 07/29/2022 at 12:11, jenuinelygenuinely said:

That is such a great idea!!! I will be purging the kitchen this weekend!

I just went through all of my cabinets and got rid if of EVERYTHING I can’t use. I wish I had taken before pictures. There was sooooo much in there that I didn’t even know I had! Lol. Lots of expired stuff too 🤷🏻‍♀️. I ended up with a big box of donations stuff and two garbage bags worth of junk to throw away. My fridge is next. I’m too tired to tackle it right now though!

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

7 hours ago, Dogmom68 said:

Hey! How’s the kitchen clear-out going? Anybody else getting prepped and ready? What else have you all bought to prepare for after surgery?

I cleared out all JUNK from my kitchen and fridge! I gave them all to my mom since her house is like a "community house" where all the kids get dropped off for grandma and grandpa to babysit lol. Going to costco Business Center after my pre-op appointment on Tuesday! Super excited to see what they have, I remember the last time I went there were a lot of Protein Drinks and other non-sugar options.

2 hours ago, karakent said:

I just went through all of my cabinets and got rid if of EVERYTHING I can’t use. I wish I had taken before pictures. There was sooooo much in there that I didn’t even know I had! Lol. Lots of expired stuff too 🤷🏻‍♀️. I ended up with a big box of donations stuff and two garbage bags worth of junk to throw away. My fridge is next. I’m too tired to tackle it right now though!

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

Love it!!!! How do you like that Premier Protein clear drink? I tried the Gatorade Protein Drink and you can taste the Protein in it.

5 hours ago, karakent said:

Are you talking about Dogmom68?

Woo hoo! August 18th! I'm so excited! I think there are 3 of us for this date 🥰

15 hours ago, Dogmom68 said:

Wow! 8 lbs! I’ve actually gained 2 lbs 🙄 and I’m not sure why considering I’m following instructions for my pre-op! Very frustrating! Maybe my body is just fighting to hold on to weight since I feel like I’m starving. I still hate drinking Protein Shakes and eating yogurt since I don’t know how I’m supposed to lose weight doing that. 🤷🏼‍♀️ If they would just let me eat natural, non-processed, non-artificially sweetened Proteins like egg whites, chicken, ham, etc.. then I know my weight would begin to drop some. Maybe I’ll just call my dietitian on Monday….

Don't let that discouraged you, there could be a lot of reasons for that. I know my cause was sodium so I definitely try to be more aware of that. Sometimes I gotta have some broth with some in it though because if not I'm borderline caving. I'm 2 days away now so I'm more focused now that the start line is within reach. I know that the end of this phase of eating isn't ending Tuesday but it's a start of a beautiful new chapter that I am ready for. I'm definitely ready for the soft food stage I could kill for some cottage cheese honestly, haha.

On 07/30/2022 at 23:54, jenuinelygenuinely said:

Love it!!!! How do you like that Premier Protein clear drink? I tried the Gatorade Protein Drink and you can taste the Protein in it.

I definitely like it better than the Gatorade. The only way I could finish a bottle of the Gatorade was to mix it with almost equal parts Water. I was thinking that maybe that’s what I will do rather than using things like Crystal Light when I want a little something flavorful in my water. I’ll mix these with my water. That way I’ll have Protein in my water but it won’t be an overwhelming flavor. I have a bottle of unflavored Liquid Protein on its way to me but I don’t trust that I can put that in my water without it giving it a funky taste. I’m curious about those protein chicken broths and puddings that I bought. I might have one of those today to see how it goes. And if I like it. My liquids start next Monday (8/8) and I want to make sure I’m ready to go. I wonder if anyone else has tried them or something like them.

2 hours ago, karakent said:

I definitely like it better than the Gatorade. The only way I could finish a bottle of the Gatorade was to mix it with almost equal parts Water. I was thinking that maybe that’s what I will do rather than using things like Crystal Light when I want a little something flavorful in my Water. I’ll mix these with my water. That way I’ll have Protein in my water but it won’t be an overwhelming flavor. I have a bottle of unflavored Liquid Protein on its way to me but I don’t trust that I can put that in my water without it giving it a funky taste. I’m curious about those Protein chicken broths and puddings that I bought. I might have one of those today to see how it goes. And if I like it. My liquids start next Monday (8/8) and I want to make sure I’m ready to go. I wonder if anyone else has tried them or something like them.

You're such a superstar giving us great ideas! Let me know how the liquid protein is! but then again mixing water with the already protein liquid might do the job.

I'm on day 10 of 21 days of liver shrinking diet. Last night I started dreaming about food. This is pure savagery. Can't they just put me in an induced coma and hook me up to a drip? Sigh.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, SHORTY_ said:

My surgery is only 4 days away and these last few days have been soooooo rough mentally. I'm not hungry but I could cave to the temptations. 2 days ago was my birthday and My co-worker brought in my fav. cake. I grabbed a piece so she wouldn't question why I wasn't eating any and made my brother eat it for me. I picked up Pasta last night for my daughter because I just didn't have the energy to cook and the smells were making me weak. I ended up going to bed early because I was so frustrated with myself. We're celebrating birthdays at work again today and we ordered pizza and Pasta so I just stayed in my office to avoid as much as I could. I'm proud of myself for sticking to the preop 100% with no slips. But good lord I feel like I'm being tested to my max haha. I know it will all be worth it but I am ready for at least the soft food stage. I'm so bored with what I am able to have that it makes me not even want to eat it.

Good Luck Today!