Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

5 hours ago, JellyBeanz said:

Hi everyone. My sleeve is scheduled for the 16th of August and I started my pre-op diet today. I on 3 shakes a day, 1 piece of fruit and unlimited non-starchy veggies (plus all the diet drinks, black coffee and diet jelly I can eat). I'm extraordinarily lucky as my husband volunteered to do the diet with me in solidarity. I hope we don't kill each other!

My fiance said he will do the pre-op diet with me but how strict my diet is I don't think he will be able to survive especially because he works in the hot sun! I am going to have to sneak him a couple of regular Gatorade's and hope for the best LOL! He doesn't even like Premier Proteins and I have to drink that 4 times daily. LOL

22 days left and it feel like an eternity and then not...

HI Everyone,

im one day after surgery. Yesterday night the pain was strong but with some sleep and pain meds things really cleared up.

i can drink some Water and ice.

I just wonder how i can get the gas out. i tried walking around a bit but it didnt seem to help.

Good luck to all of you!

On 07/26/2022 at 14:29, JeannieB said:

I'm having my surgery August 1st. I just found this site. I would love some support as I start this journey!

Welcome! Do you have a pre-op diet you’re on? Are you excited?

On 7/25/2022 at 10:47 PM, jenuinelygenuinely said:

My fiance said he will do the pre-op diet with me but how strict my diet is I don't think he will be able to survive especially because he works in the hot sun! I am going to have to sneak him a couple of regular Gatorade's and hope for the best LOL! He doesn't even like Premier Proteins and I have to drink that 4 times daily. LOL

That's awesome! My husband decided to jump on board as well. He is doing the Keto diet and he has lost almost 10 pounds. I think it is so incredible when your partner supports and helps you. Makes it so much easier. I have been making keto freezer meals for my family to have them ready while I'm recovering. I didn't want to have them bringing home stuff I couldn't eat :P

I wanted to update everyone on my mock trial of the liquid pre-op diet. I had been doing full liquids for a couple of weeks and eating solids on the weekends. I discovered a couple of things.

1) Adding Protein to everything you put in your mouth helps with hunger. Water, Soups, shakes, smoothies, etc.

2) After not eating solids and then eating solids, I would feel uncomfortable in my stomach, especially if I ate a large portion. I do believe the tummy shrinks a bit.

3) Once I started the clear-fluids-only diet, more weight started coming off faster. I started the clear-only yesterday, and last night was the very first time I was hungry before bed. I actually had to get up at 10 pm to drink another Protein Shake because I could not get to sleep.

4) Liquid Protein is my friend :)

Overall I'm so very glad I did this mock trial because I tried a bunch of different recipes and combinations of things and learned what I liked and what I didn't. Taking the time to do this has calmed my mind so I don't have to worry about going into these next few weeks before surgery.

I'm down 10 pounds already in July, and I hit my goal weight I wanted prior to surgery. Now I actually have more time to get lower. So now, I'm going to set it for 10 more pounds before surgery since I'm going into the clear-liquids-only stage.

19 hours ago, JeannieB said:

I'm having my surgery August 1st. I just found this site. I would love some support as I start this journey!

Congrats and welcome! What kind of pre-op diet are you working on? Any challenges?

23 hours ago, Rechele said:

HI Everyone,

im one day after surgery. Yesterday night the pain was strong but with some sleep and pain meds things really cleared up.

i can drink some Water and ice.

I just wonder how i can get the gas out. i tried walking around a bit but it didnt seem to help.

Good luck to all of you!

How are you feeling now? Did the gas subside?

2 hours ago, I Am Enough! said:

I wanted to update everyone on my mock trial of the liquid pre-op diet. I had been doing full liquids for a couple of weeks and eating solids on the weekends. I discovered a couple of things.

1) Adding Protein to everything you put in your mouth helps with hunger. Water, Soups, shakes, smoothies, etc.

2) After not eating solids and then eating solids, I would feel uncomfortable in my stomach, especially if I ate a large portion. I do believe the tummy shrinks a bit.

3) Once I started the clear-fluids-only diet, more weight started coming off faster. I started the clear-only yesterday, and last night was the very first time I was hungry before bed. I actually had to get up at 10 pm to drink another Protein Shake because I could not get to sleep.

4) Liquid Protein is my friend :)

Overall I'm so very glad I did this mock trial because I tried a bunch of different recipes and combinations of things and learned what I liked and what I didn't. Taking the time to do this has calmed my mind so I don't have to worry about going into these next few weeks before surgery.

I'm down 10 pounds already in July, and I hit my goal weight I wanted prior to surgery. Now I actually have more time to get lower. So now, I'm going to set it for 10 more pounds before surgery since I'm going into the clear-liquids-only stage.

Thanks for giving us the run down of your mock trial! I may have to do the same! You did a full liquid diet right before your clear liquid diet?

Whats your go-to for Protein Drinks?

2 hours ago, jenuinelygenuinely said:

Thanks for giving us the run down of your mock trial! I may have to do the same! You did a full liquid diet right before your clear liquid diet?

Whats your go-to for Protein Drinks?

Yes, I did a full liquid before attempting the clear liquid. Clear Liquids aren't as satisfying, but you can also use some of your creamy Soups and add more Water to qualify as a liquid.

My go-to Proteins were several different types to keep me from being bored:

1) Keto Chow shakes made with 8 oz unsweetened coconut almond milk
2) Premiere Protein shakes
3) Unflavored AGN Roots Grass-fed whey (to put in soups or smoothies)
4) Liquid protein to put into water and my SF jello
5) Power Life High Impact Whey Protein (kinda sweet, so I mix it into coffee or a SF carnation drink mix)