Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If it makes you feel any better, I am currently in a 4 week stall. I'm staying in the right calorie range (that has worked for me and my program espouses), am exercising, and basically doing everything right but I have been just hanging out in the same 2 lbs range the whole time, just shy of my 100 lb loss milestone. So. Frustrating. Just hang in there and keep doing what you know is right and has been successful. Maybe change something up to see if shocks your system a bit, but don't go overboard. This is all a complete head game.

Your body will do what it wants... when it wants. I've found looking at other success measures (measurements, non-scale victories) can really help me get through these times. I feel your pain and totally empathize.

Stalls are super frustrating and depressing to be totally honest. I have seen more of them after I passed 6 months post op than I saw before that. My weight loss is down to around 2-3 pounds a month as I get closer to ideal weight. I do get frustrated but I know I have more to lose so I just stay the course and sure enough, it breaks and I get a couple more pounds before the next stall.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:09 AM, Tony B - NJ said:

I do not agree with this at all. Exercise to me is critical to getting the weight loss to continue. If I take a few days off I notice it slows down and I get into a stall. Not to mention, you have to exercise for health as well.

I agree. If you don’t exercise, you will start losing muscle and that’s not good. I walk 20-30 minutes every other day. It helps boost my mood as well.

Stalls are frustrating. Unfortunately you may experience a few as you’re losing & they may last 1-3 weeks (some do last longer - if yours does check with your dietician to see if you need to tweak your eating plan) but they are just part of the journey.

There are lots of variation in the plans people follow. Some are given caloric goals while some aren’t (I wasn’t). Some are given portion size recommendations. Some aren’t. Some who are given caloric goals are encouraged to eat 1200 calories from solid foods. If you are worried, check with your dietician. Even on 1200 calories you will lose weight.

As @lizonaplane said the goal is not to feel discomfort or your restriction. The goal is to recognise your real hunger & eat enough to satisfy that. At three years out, I still ask myself do I need the next bite or just want it. Remember it takes time for your full signal to kick in. So when you do feel full you’ve likely eaten more than you need.

Exercise accounts for 10-20% of your weight loss. Have 50lbs to lose, exercise will account for 5-10lbs. There are lots of physical, psychological & emotional benefits to undertaking regular exercise. But it’s your choice as to what & how much or often you do. I’m not an exerciser. Did very little while I was losing but I still lost all my weight plus more. I do some gentle stretches now & a few wall push-ups but I argue with myself every night about doing it. 😁

I originally had the sleeve and the dr told me to try eating half a sandwich as each meal with only chicken, turkey or ham. I put a slice of cheese. The dr also had me try oatmeal for Breakfast but make it doughy so you get full….. I hope this helps

Maybe more Water. I have a hard time getting my liquids in myself and I know I need more water. I know sitting at the table also helps me.

I am not losing like I should , am 3 weeks out and am eating 2 1/4 cup servings of meat, (crumbs) and cottage cheese or meat (crumb) and scrambled eggs I can’t seem to remember to eat I am so busy trying to get liquids in . I am getting mostly 40 Protein in . I would like tips and advice on doing better