Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Heavyweight555 said:

Since i had this surgery 5 months Ago, I've had major, non stop nausea. Has anyone had this? What helped?

See your Dr this is not normal.

wow 5 months. That is insane. My nausea only lasted the first 2 days. and i was prescribed two big bottles of medication for nausea and i used none of it. I agree with sleever, make an appointment with your doctor to get it checked out

I agree. Contact your surgeon. This isn’t right.

Have you spoken to them about this before?

The only slight nausea I had was from my Multivitamins most mornings. Is yours after every meal or does it just persist all day? Gluten & lactose intolerances can cause nausea too. And it is not uncommon for these intolerances to develop after surgery. Sometimes temporarily sometimes long term. Might be worth swapping out your dairy for lactose free versions & for some gluten free options for any wheat products you may be consuming.

Hooe they can sort this out fur you soon

Edited by Arabesque

Hi all,

I have contacted my surgeon, and she doesn't know why it's happening. This group was my last hope. I guess I have more research to do.

It happens as soon as I wake up, goes away while eating, and comes right back after eating.

2 hours ago, Heavyweight555 said:

Hi all,

I have contacted my surgeon, and she doesn't know why it's happening. This group was my last hope. I guess I have more research to do.

It happens as soon as I wake up, goes away while eating, and comes right back after eating.

are you getting in all your Fluid and Protein?

3 hours ago, Heavyweight555 said:

Hi all,

are you on reflux meds?, it could be reflux. Seriously I would be going to another DR if your Dr " doesn't know why its happening" and is not investigating it. That is just plain lazy, uncaring and negligent on her part.

Edited by SleeverSk

I know when I was slightly dehydrated I felt nauseous all day long...have you been getting in all your Water?

15 hours ago, Heavyweight555 said:

Since i had this surgery 5 months Ago, I've had major, non stop nausea. Has anyone had this? What helped?

I have nausea, and I am 3 months post - op. The doc prescribed one nausea med, and that sort of worked, some.. So I went back and he prescribed me another, 2 x a day. That helped--some. When I went back I said this isn't right. He said it is a hormone imbalance, and he has never seen it after seven months post-op. Whereupon I said, "Quality of life???" Then I told him that 2 a day didn't cut it, I was sitting with a trash can between my legs at work, and I had upped the dosage myself to 3 a day, and I could survive with that. (DISCLAIMER-BECAUSE I DID IT, DOES NOT MEAN I AM SUGGESTING THIS TO THIS GROUP.) I looked up the drug online, saw that it could be given in a higher dose, and tried it. He gave me a new script for it 3 x a day. I can cope this way.

7 minutes ago, oldandtired said:

I have nausea, and I am 3 months post - op. The doc prescribed one nausea med, and that sort of worked, some.. So I went back and he prescribed me another, 2 x a day. That helped--some. When I went back I said this isn't right. He said it is a hormone imbalance, and he has never seen it after seven months post-op. Whereupon I said, "Quality of life???" Then I told him that 2 a day didn't cut it, I was sitting with a trash can between my legs at work, and I had upped the dosage myself to 3 a day, and I could survive with that. (DISCLAIMER-BECAUSE I DID IT, DOES NOT MEAN I AM SUGGESTING THIS TO THIS GROUP.) I looked up the drug online, saw that it could be given in a higher dose, and tried it. He gave me a new script for it 3 x a day. I can cope this way.

Can you state what medicine helped you?

We have tried Zofran, Drobinal which was way too strong. I'm tired of feeling this way. My doctor has tried everything. I've gone to every type of doctor and nothing. I never throw up, just ALWAYS nausea.

He started me on Ondansetron 4 mg once a day. Then when I complained, he prescribed Promethazine, and I believe that is the one that he initially made a suppository 😳 and I had him change it to a pill. The pills are 25 mg, originally twice a day. BUT there may be a reason he hasn't given it to you, BUT you can certainly find out WHY.