Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Absolutely hate myself now

5 minutes ago, rmp09 said:

I don't care what my BMI was or is. I will always regret this until i die.

Sent from my SM-G781W using BariatricPal mobile app

Are you planning to seek help from a therapist? I think it would do you a world of good.

1 hour ago, rmp09 said:

Yes I am. But I don't see it making a difference.

Please be kind to yourself. Your body has had a major change. You will find a new way to be in this world if you want to.

Sorry you’re feeling this way. Definitely seek help and try to believe it will help - if you write it off before you even try then it will fail. You can and will be successful and happy x

What country did you have your surgery in? I know Mexico doesn't require psych evaluations, that's why I'm asking about it. It's difficult for me to imagine if your surgeon required a psych evaluation that they approved you for surgery with all of the things you're typing about on this forum. Surely a mental health professional would've seen the red flags that you weren't quite ready for surgery at this point.

And my taste changed after my surgery. Things I never wanted to eat before surgery became my favorite things afterwards. So hang in there, maybe this will happen for you as well.

Best wishes.

First off, take a deep breath in and out.
You’re still early on in your journey. A couple more weeks and you’ll be able to eat whatever you want again just in moderation (like we’re supposed to eat). This will pass. Change is hard. Many of us are able to lose weight on our own but that’s not what the surgery is about. It’s about “maintaining” it and removing the potential for many health comorbidities that could kill us without early intervention. Heck, I got down to a size 2 on my own but couldn’t maintain it and gained it all back plus some.

God gives us blessings in ways that we won’t know until the future but it’s all apart of his plan. My own father had WLS but didn’t follow the rules and gained it all back and passed away of a heart attack a few years later. Don’t let these temporary early weeks push you off the bandwagon. You only have one life to live. It will get easier I promise!

With love,

Quesodip251

First off, take a deep breath in and out.
You’re still early on in your journey. A couple more weeks and you’ll be able to eat whatever you want again just in moderation (like we’re supposed to eat). This will pass. Change is hard. Many of us are able to lose weight on our own but that’s not what the surgery is about. It’s about “maintaining” it and removing the potential for many health comorbidities that could kill us without early intervention. Heck, I got down to a size 2 on my own but couldn’t maintain it and gained it all back plus some.

God gives us blessings in ways that we won’t know until the future but it’s all apart of his plan. My own father had WLS but didn’t follow the rules and gained it all back and passed away of a heart attack a few years later. Don’t let these temporary early weeks push you off the bandwagon. You only have one life to live. It will get easier I promise!
With love,
Quesodip251

I don't believe in God. Sorry

In any case, I wish this person the best of luck.

13 hours ago, rmp09 said:

I feel this way because I should've canceled and I didn't. I will always regret this for the rest of my life..which I hope isn't too much longer. I didn't need the surgery and I convinced myself I did. Hence why I hate myself more than I ever have.

You need to get into some counseling ASAP. If you truly feel this way, it is alarming and needs to be addressed. Post-op mental and emotional difficulty is completely NORMAL. Suicidal ideation, self hate, and romanticizing your own misery is not. Its very clear that you are not upset about the surgery, but rather that there is something else much deeper going on. I hope you hear me when I say, struggling post-op is NORMAL, but getting the help you need is the only way forward. Please, please reach out.

Question: Did you have the required psychological evaluation before your surgery?

Legit or not, I wish you the best of luck. Whether it is trolling or real, both suggest that you need help.

Sent from my SM-S908U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes I did have the psychological evaluation.. I was fine up until after the surgery and once I got home all the very bad thoughts took over. I am not a troll I just don't believe 100% of the ppl who has the surgery are completely happy with it.. some must regret it. Getting proper therapy isn't so easy to find and I still have to do some intake call. If I knew how to delete this account I would. But I don't.